Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Passing the Hat (Page 2)
Author Topic: Passing the Hat
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It came in handy just at the right time - I just processed the renewal.

We don't expire again until March of 2020! Woohoo! [] Thanks once again to everybody who pitched in. [] []

I don't foresee any reason why we'd need to pass the hat again for a long time. The monthly fees are manageable. I plan on winning the lottery before then anyway. []

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'll still make the annual donation. []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I plan on winning the lottery before then anyway
Any prospective lottery winning husbands out there? Current marriage is on the rocks (sans vodka [] ) as we can't agree on:

a) Who has to give up their booze budget for the month
b) Who has to sleep in the dog house for aforesaid month (sounds worse than it is, as the dog sleeps under the house and there's like a beer fridge and toilet down there already - totally habitable which is why I don't see why I have to give it up! [] )

On a serious note, way to go! MT until 2020! []

From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Hand
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11334
posted      Profile for The White Hand   Email The White Hand   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Any prospective lottery winning husbands out there?
None who'll remain husbands, once they have better options... []
From: Memphis | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Better options? Well, for a bloke with the word 'Hand' in his name, I needn't wonder what those might be... []
From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Nuinamarthion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1945

posted      Profile for Nuinamarthion   Author's Homepage   Email Nuinamarthion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
hiyas,

just stopping by to say I'm glad to find MT still standing!! and had its 10th B-day! []

My Tolkien site will be 10yo later this year also; many others have died, but mine is still standing also; gonna think of a way to celebrate it []

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Martinez
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3602
posted      Profile for Michael Martinez   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Martinez   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I had been able to stop by in January when you were renewing the domain. I can show you where to register .com domains for about 1/3 the cost and it doesn't really cost anything to transfer from one registrar to another.

Feel free to contact me if you want some recommendations to file away for the future (or if you have other domains you renew every now and then).

From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've been burned so many times over the years with hosting plans, I wouldn't consider cheaper to be better for anything having to do with the site. And domain registrars are notoriously shady anyway. I mean, can't you register for a .com at the checkout at WalMart now? No thanks. Until I can't afford it, I'll pay a bit more for peace of mind.
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Martinez
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3602
posted      Profile for Michael Martinez   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Martinez   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I understand. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Author of Visualizing Middle-earth, Parma Endorion: Essays on Middle-earth, 3rd edition, and Understanding Middle-earth.

A new Middle-earth archive...
Middle-earth.Xenite.Org

From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Passing the Hat (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help