Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Avatars - A New Hope (Page 8)
Author Topic: Avatars - A New Hope
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I love the new version DQ. The colours are more subtle, and it looks so much better without the blue screen background.
Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thinking about changing my avatar, if WGW is okay with it. I'm kind of bored of my current one.

Only problem is I'm thinking of switching back to a movie av. [] (Hey, there aren't a lot of quality non-film Éomer pics to choose from! [] )

What do you folks think? []

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
No.

But only because I'm used to your current one. []

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Change can be a good thing, my friend.

Besides, this wasn't my first avatar. []

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Your first avatar must have been in the First Age. []

And I'm adaptable to changes. I just don't like them before they happen. []

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Besides, this wasn't my first avatar.
So you're a nuisance avatar changer? []
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

Not really. I've had...three avatars in my time, IIRC. One was under a different username. The other two were my current one and my very first one.
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I remember the one you had before this. I liked that one (just a teeeny weeny bit more so than this one. [] )

I don't remember the one you had before that... (might have been pre-registation to the forum).

From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And I'm adaptable to changes. I just don't like them before they happen.
Word.
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I remember the one you had before this. I liked that one (just a teeeny weeny bit more so than this one. [] )
Word
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I don't remember your previous one, but I like your current avvie. I don't like avatar changers really. []

(Yes, I know, I changed mine, but only a little tiny bit because I got sick of being blurry. [] )

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Technically, not much of a change, more like an upgrade. [] []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Hi! My name is Telpy and I'm a Skittle-addict.

From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Very true!
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valar God
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 11362

posted      Profile for Valar God   Email Valar God   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Give this to us, my love:

-

10EOC1-A.gif

Thanks.

From: Serbia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrackinAndProudOfIt
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 11375

posted      Profile for CrackinAndProudOfIt   Author's Homepage   Email CrackinAndProudOfIt   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Can I put in a humble request? [] I'd like: 12HE23-A as mine, if it's not too much trouble! [] Hannon le!
From: Formenos, later Himring | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, it's in use. If you go to the citizens link (upper right), put the avatar in the profile keyword field (like 12HE23 in this case), it will tell you who might already be using it.
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrackinAndProudOfIt
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 11375

posted      Profile for CrackinAndProudOfIt   Author's Homepage   Email CrackinAndProudOfIt   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hehe, oops- I searched for it the wrong way the first time! *sheepish grin* All right, I did this one correctly and no one came up. Can I have 14CO15-A? Thanks for your patience! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
-Crackers

From: Formenos, later Himring | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zirith
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 11256

posted      Profile for Zirith   Email Zirith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like this one WGW :
11DI40-A.gif
Thanks.

From: In the Ruins of the Palace of Aurilosse | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eledhsúle
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1980

posted      Profile for Eledhsúle   Author's Homepage   Email Eledhsúle   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I'm feeling super nostalgic and as I do come by every once in a while, could I get my very first avatar back? The floating heads bugs me. []
It's this one:
 -

[ 12-22-2012, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: Eledhsúle ]

From: Finland | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

There probably isn't much of a point in doing so when things around here are so quiet nowadays, but would anyone protest too much if I switched my avatar (with WGW's permission, of course) to this?

-

I've long been 'meh' on my current av, but I just never got around to switching it. I checked the avatar gallery and (somewhat surprisingly) didn't see any iteration of this image in there.

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
NnooooOOOoooOoooOoOOOOoOoooo
[]
I must be the only person who loves that avi of yours, Yomer.
[]

ETA: I'm so upset I forgot my header smiley. Must have three to compensate. [] [] []

[ 01-08-2013, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: Athene ]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Unsolicited opinion:
I prefer Eomer wearing the helmet with the horse nose guard (there are many good ones on the web) verses the incredulous look on his face in that pic.
/Unsolicited opinion

[ 01-08-2013, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: Aiwrendel ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo

From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

I just like that shot because it's one of the better clear looks at Éomer's face in the movies, but yeah, his helmet was pretty awesome.

But every time I suggest changing my avatar it seems to upset somebody, so maybe I'll just forget about it and keep what I've got. I just realized that the avatar I proposed is slightly over 5K anyway, and I'm too lazy to fix it. []

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
NO I like it too, and it's of the most important personality-wise here on MT. (I think what I just said makes no sense).
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

quote:
it's of the most important personality-wise here on MT.
Is it because of the phallic symbol or because it illustrates my aptitude for charging headlong into idiocy? []
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Avatars - A New Hope (Page 8)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help