Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Avatars - A New Hope (Page 6)
Author Topic: Avatars - A New Hope
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Will this version of the spoon do, Miz Lobelia?

-

[ 08-07-2009, 04:23 AM: Message edited by: Varnafindë ]

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Double-posting to show Miz Lobelia the transparency against the other background color ...

-

[ 08-07-2009, 04:22 AM: Message edited by: Varnafindë ]

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Miz Lobelia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1612

posted      Profile for Miz Lobelia   Email Miz Lobelia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome!! Thanks so much! WGW, may I have this as my avatar? Definitely Tolkien-related.
From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is it wrong that I'm muttering "Give her the spoon, give her the spooooon" under my breath now?
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Now what does that remind me of...
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

And she got it! []

Well done, Athene, for finding the picture!

Roll of Honor Miz Lobelia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1612

posted      Profile for Miz Lobelia   Email Miz Lobelia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
YAY! It looks great!
From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a beautiful picure of Varda, by Maija Pietikäinen, which would make great avatars:

-

[ 08-17-2009, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: Athene ]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] It looks amazing ! I would take that if I didn't already have one. Next step : two avatars per person []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Most honest motivation for getting a sockpuppet: too many beautiful avatars!
[]
I like the white scary eyes. [] []

Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not so sure about the white, scary eyes, they look like a Cyberman's!

[ 08-17-2009, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: Hamfast Gamgee ]

From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I like the eyes. A token of her divinity.
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mithrennaith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5239
posted      Profile for Mithrennaith   Author's Homepage   Email Mithrennaith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Gilthoniel! O Elbereth!
 Clear are thy eyes and bright thy breath!

O stars that in the Sunless Year
 With shining hand by her were sown,
In windy fields now bright and clear
 We see your silver blossom blown!

  - [LR,1,III:120]

From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Tempted, Mithré?
[] [] [] []

Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that is gorgeous.
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mithrennaith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5239
posted      Profile for Mithrennaith   Author's Homepage   Email Mithrennaith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it looks great, Athè, but I know what I want for avatar. The only thing is I have to try and get it into avatar-format and see if it survives that.

If I can find a way/place to upload it, I might place it here, to see what can be done.

From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I use Photobucket to upload my images. It works well. []
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
TinyPic works great too, if you aren't worried about being able to find the URL later.
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

posted      Profile for Madomir   Email Madomir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly this pic is the wrong shape, anyone care to try to make it a bit more avi-ish?

-

From: northern hemisphere-ish | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be happy too, but most of the image will have to be cropped out. Or have these weird color bars on either side.

What about this one? It's the right aspect ratio:

http://img-fan.theonering.net/rolozo/images/eiszmann/Departure_of_Boromir_72.jpg

[ 09-08-2009, 01:52 AM: Message edited by: Silmahtar ]

From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mablung
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11231
posted      Profile for Mablung   Email Mablung   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Sadly this pic is the wrong shape,
He seems to be drinking out of it just fine! []
Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Here's one suggested cropping - it's using the full width of the picture, but the "window" can be moved further up or down.

-

If more of the area above his face should show as well as what's there now, we need to have a square picture with colored or transparent panels on one or both sides.

Interested?

Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

posted      Profile for Madomir   Email Madomir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Very interested, thanks Varna. If it were square with transparent sides it may show from his chin to the bottom part of the horn. That's prob'ly the best I could hope for with a pic that shape.

Thanks for the link Sil , I like that pic too but I think I'd rather have a live avi [] []

[ 09-13-2009, 01:53 AM: Message edited by: Madomir ]

From: northern hemisphere-ish | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Bethberry
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1217

posted      Profile for Bethberry   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'd very much like to change my avatar to this one:

-

Since it uses the same technique as the drawings on the cover of my edition of Tales of the Perilous Realm, and since my rpg character Bethberry was supposed to be the daughter of Tom and Goldberry, I think this is acceptably Tolkienish. I hope The Steward agrees!

I much prefer this to that purple tree thing I've had. That background is all wrong--for Bethberry, it should have been green and I don't know how to change the purple to green.

[ 09-13-2009, 07:06 AM: Message edited by: Bethberry ]

From: the Bonfire Glade in the Old Forest | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Madomir, what about one of these? They are cropped the same, only centered and left-aligned respectively.

-

-

Bethberry - I might be able to change the purple to green for you - not quite sure, though ... []

[ 09-13-2009, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: Varnafindë ]

Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Avatars - A New Hope (Page 6)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help