Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Avatars - A New Hope (Page 4)
Author Topic: Avatars - A New Hope
Bungo Baggins Esq.
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 10661

posted      Profile for Bungo Baggins Esq.   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm having a minor setback bringing up the filename of the avatar I'd like. I've tried single-clicking on it, double-clicking, dragging the image over to the text area on my response screen, but nothing works.

Your help would be much appreciated WGW.

[ 07-08-2009, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: Bungo Baggins Esq. ]

From: The Shire | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry for the confusion with each image acting like a link.

As with most things, right-click and select properties for information.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aermîr Goldenflower
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3845

posted      Profile for Aermîr Goldenflower   Author's Homepage   Email Aermîr Goldenflower   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, it's been a while.
I checked through the directory and I didn't see anyone with this avatar. If it's free, I would like it.

-

From: Moving from Point A to Point B. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody definitely uses that one. It's on the Opele banner, and I know I saw it in the RtR roleplay story once, before the action moved to Hobbiton...

ETA: Darn it, I looked in both those places and didn't see it. I know I've seen it somewhere, though, with posts beside it and everything, so I'm sure someone uses it.

[ 07-09-2009, 01:45 AM: Message edited by: LyraLuthien Tinuviel ]

From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Andreth is the owner of that avatar (or something like it).

[ 07-09-2009, 02:41 AM: Message edited by: Braeden Fireheart ]

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That was it. Andreth requested it, and I think she may even have had it for a while, but now her posts are showing the same glowing white Lady Galadriel stepping toward the mirror-pool that she had when I first read RtR.

Methinks confusing things are going on with the avvies, and that theory is backed up by the fact that donkey still has the same Saruman avvie as Peach Phoenix.

From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
A Refresh of the page should sort things out. If that doesn't work, force a refresh with CTRL-F5.
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

Nope, Goldie's avatar has changed, but donkey and phoenix still have the same one.
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Bizarre, I see everything right.
From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

Did you refresh this page or the other page, because if you don't refresh the page where donkey's avatar resides, then you obviously won't be getting a fresh version of the file. Work with me people. []
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Um... But Andreth did actually have that avatar at some point. I remember her having it (not just requesting it). [] She's been gone too long for it to be clear in my head, though. [] *PMs her, & hopes she sees it* []
From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

That's weird. You'd think that refreshing one page would refresh the whole board.

And I did say that I thought Andreth had used the Luthien avatar for a while... but it's Galadriel again where her posts are now.

Though I suppose I could go see what happens when I refresh a page with an Andreth post in...

Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that was definitely Andreth's avatar for quite some time. The one she currently seems to be sporting (with Galadriel) was the one she used before she'd found that image of Andreth, which became her new one. I don't remember her switching back. []
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
No, I think Andreth only requested it, but as avatars were not given out at that time, she never got it. In the previous giving of avatars, when Brae, Sherl, Eomer and I (and others) got ours, she wasn't around any more, so she couldn't ask for it and didn't get it then either.

She came back in July, after WGW wasn't giving them out any more, and asked for it again.
http://www.minastirith.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000152;p=28#000688

Are you confusing her with Sherl, who got hers?

It was in the old Opelë banner:

-

along with my first request for an avatar, which I never got, either. By the time there was finally a giving out of avatars, I had just found my current one, and asked for that instead.

But I'm fairly certain that Andreth never had her new one other than in the old Opelë banner ...

[ 07-09-2009, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: Varnafindë ]

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Andreth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1613

posted      Profile for Andreth   Author's Homepage   Email Andreth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I do recall requesting it, but as has been mentioned, I've been away for quite some time now. I'm glad someone can enjoy it, as I still think it's rather lovely.
From: Dorthonion | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No, I think Andreth only requested it, but as avatars were not given out at that time, she never got it. In the previous giving of avatars, when Brae, Sherl, Eomer and I (and others) got ours, she wasn't around any more, so she couldn't ask for it and didn't get it then either.
Oh, right, I kind of remember now. It's funny how time plays tricks on the memory. []

Good to see you again, Andreth!

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

I must've dreamt it then, because I do remember seeing the avatar under Andreth's name. [] Anyhoo, if Andreth is happy for it to be with someone else... No matter. []
Bungo Baggins Esq.
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 10661

posted      Profile for Bungo Baggins Esq.   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hi WGW,
I had posted a question for you in the discussion topic which you had posted above the Lit. forum on the home page.

I was wondering where that went (since it is no longer there) and/or if you had replied to my inquiry.

Thanks.

From: The Shire | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

Uh... this is that topic. I just posted a link to it on the main page for everyone to see for a limited time.

Uh... I believe I answered your question right after your post.

Uh... []

Vahndel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5110

posted      Profile for Vahndel   Email Vahndel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't see anyone with this avatar, so at your own leisure I'd enjoy seeing this little gem complimenting my MT alias. []

-

From: Florida, the Flower of the US | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

It's taken. Did you put the filename in the "Profile Keyword" search box?
Vahndel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5110

posted      Profile for Vahndel   Email Vahndel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ack! I accidentally kept the '.gif' when I pasted the file into the box. In which case, let's try.....

This one.

-

There shouldn't be any problems here, lest someone nabbed it as I typed this post.

From: Florida, the Flower of the US | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

Sorry again, but someone already had the -A version of the file, so all other crops and versions of that exact image are also off-limits.

The -A, -B, -C versions were offered for choice, but they are too similar to allow multiple people to have them.

One day, an automated avatar system will remove all the sub-files from the list of choices automatically. Until then, pick again.

P.S. You can leave the .gif on the search, and it will still work, so I don't know what you mean.

Bungo Baggins Esq.
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 10661

Oh, of course, my blunder.

Here's my primary choice:

-

Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Freya:
quote:
Love your avatar, Pi!
Thanks! I missed this because I've been in Nippon for 16 days, carousing about. I'm glad to finally not be an "avatarless freak," I like the old school Nordic feel to it, and I like things related to water and the sea.
I've always liked yours as well. Obviously anyone with a boat or ship as an avatar is in with the in crowd. [] Right, Inc'?

Also, I notice some citizens, like Thorin for example, haven't chosen one and he's an old timer here. I wonder why. Just can't find the one that feels right?

edit:
Kind of reminds me of the wood carving that is on the cover of The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrún, which I just started reading. The inside cover slip says they are carvings from the door of a 12th century church at Hylestad, Norway.
 -

[ 07-20-2009, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: pi ]

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Avatars - A New Hope (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help