Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Avatars - A New Hope (Page 3)
Author Topic: Avatars - A New Hope
Dark Phoenix
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5456

posted      Profile for Dark Phoenix   Email Dark Phoenix   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Éomer
From: The Phoenix Inn. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
In that case, transparent. Grey color will clash with either of the grey nuances on this site.
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It wouldn't clash, it would blend in. Grey donkey on a grey background on a grey webpage; you'd hardly be able to see his divine hoofiness.
From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't thinking about the donkey itself, but if a grey nuance is used as background that color can not be the same as both grey nuances used here. Which is why I'd have preferred transparent background.

But you have a point with the camouflaging properties of the donkey.

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Indil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4434

posted      Profile for Indil   Author's Homepage   Email Indil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Then donkey would be silent & deadly too [] .
From: The Netherlands | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

Ooh that would be apt.
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It's still a jpg, not a gif - I'll see what I can do about it.

donkey 1:
 -

donkey2:
 -

[ 09-11-2009, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: Varnafindë ]

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Doubleposting to see the transparent donkey against the two different shades of grey (although this donkey is more brown than grey):

donkey 2:
 -

donkey1:
 -

Which one do you prefer - the transparent one, or the one with the white background?

Edit:

Unless you want an evil elven donkey who is chewing leaves from Telperion ... []

donkey3:
 -

donkey4:
 -

(found at Elfwood)

[ 09-11-2009, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: Varnafindë ]

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ooo, great find, Varna! Here are a couple other options, if Varna doesn't mind...

-

-

-

I think #3 is my favorite. []

[ 07-06-2009, 02:30 AM: Message edited by: Éomer ]

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Good job, Éomer! I think your #3 is my favorite, too ...

It shows a little bit of the Tree, while giving a proper close-up of donkey []

And as for chewing bits off Telperion ... I wouldn't put it past him []

White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The only reason I will allow any of the Elfwood donkey poses is because it is hanging on to Tolkien-relatedness by its fingernails. All the others are out.
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Thanks !
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Ooh, perfect for donkey! []

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Dark Phoenix: An existing avatar of yours already existed in the Gallery (under fran's -> characters -> Saruman), so I switched you to that one.

-

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark Phoenix
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5456

posted      Profile for Dark Phoenix   Email Dark Phoenix   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks!
From: The Phoenix Inn. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

posted      Profile for Fangorn   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Some more options for the donkey.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

[ 07-06-2009, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: Fangorn ]

From: Bangalore | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

Thanks Fangorn...

I'm doing donkey a solid by sanctioning the highly tenuous Tolkien-related connection here, and you "help" by offering the worst possible crops of that friggin image?!? Seriously, donkey ass and Laurelin? Donkey undercarriage??

Any of Éomer's offerings will be fine. Yours I spurn as a would spurn a rabid dog. []

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

donkey should save Fangorn's #4 to use as a big "smiley" in the UP when he feels like turning ... that ... to the rest of us []
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

posted      Profile for Fangorn   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Aww.. shucks.

I put so... much effort into those crops... []

Well... people keep on carping about his divine goofiness.. sorry hoofiness and when I present the hooves what happens, I get spurned like a rabid dog! []

[]

[ 07-07-2009, 02:25 AM: Message edited by: Fangorn ]

From: Bangalore | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
donkey
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5518

posted      Profile for donkey   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, loyal subjects, for all your great work on my avatar. [] [/humility fail]

I would like this one, please, O Steward:

-

Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Captain of Gondor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5254

posted      Profile for Captain of Gondor   Author's Homepage   Email Captain of Gondor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
 -
Thank the Maker! I don't have photoshop or anything like that, so if someone would be willing to help, I would be most grateful.

Edit: It doesn't seem to want to show, but it's Ted Nasmith's Boromir's Last Stand.

[ 07-07-2009, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Captain of Gondor ]

From: Ririe, Idaho | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

Fingolfin already has you covered. From the gallery...  -
Captain of Gondor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5254

posted      Profile for Captain of Gondor   Author's Homepage   Email Captain of Gondor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If I could have it, that would be great.
From: Ririe, Idaho | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

Did donkey just get Phoenix's avatar?

It is fixed now.

Was it my computer? []

[ 07-07-2009, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: Artaresto ]

White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

Don't worry about it. []
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Avatars - A New Hope (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help