Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Avatars - A New Hope (Page 2)
Author Topic: Avatars - A New Hope
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Can I have this one, please!

http://www.minastirith.com/ubb/avatars/10FE42-A.gif

Thanks! *Is not completely sure if is living in twenty-first century yet!*

From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
 -

[] []

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks! []
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
How's this?

-

EDIT: Oops, looks like that one comes out to 5.1 KB. So let's cut the colors down a bit and try this one...

-

EDIT 2: And here's a version that gives a tighter focus on the characters, if you'd prefer...

-

[ 07-02-2009, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: Éomer ]

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice, Hamfast! It will make Road to Rivendell prettier!

And Artaresto, that's a beautiful picture. I remember we were talking about it last year. Jenny Dolfen is a great artist!

As for asking permission - that depends on the artist. I asked for permission to use mine, when I only had the scan of a calendar - and the artist sent me the high resolution file, so that I could get a better result.

[ 07-02-2009, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: Varnafindë ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"You [are human]. And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth." (C.S. Lewis in "Prince Caspian")

Bearer of the Quenya Seal of Approval (awarded by Aikanáro).
Recipient of Braeden's unofficial Paronomastic Award.
Avatar artwork by Henning Janssen

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Éomer! []

I'll go for this one:
 -
[]

I'll just notify Jenny Dolfen that I want to use her pic as atavar. []

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
No prob, happy to help. []
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Freya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1558

posted      Profile for Freya   Email Freya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Love your avatar, Pi!

Good for you giving all this help Eomer []

From: London | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

posted      Profile for Kalkin   Email Kalkin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Steward,

May I please have this...  - (290005-C.gif) as my avatar. I have no idea if anyone is using it. I plugged the file name into the Search Citizen thingy and got no matches.

From: Chicago | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

Thanks, Freya. I know how much it means for a lot of folks around here to have avatars, so I try to help them out if I can. []

Nice choice, Kalkin. []

Amárië, here's a cleaner version of your avatar if you'd like. If not, no big deal. I was just bored. []

-

[ 07-04-2009, 04:44 AM: Message edited by: Éomer ]

donkey
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5518

posted      Profile for donkey   Edit/Delete Post 
WGW, please may I have this one?

-

There's a bushel of hay in it for you. []

Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Bad horsie-hybrid. It's taken.
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
donkey
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5518

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like that one please, and it should be the correct size :

-

Then again, if someone could get the crop/resizing to be better, I'd be grateful [] Here's the original image :  -

Thanks ! []

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

posted      Profile for Fangorn   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Some Options for you Inc'
BTW - Your image is a jpg. WGW wants a gif.
1. No loss of content but loss of aspect ratio.
 -
2. Compromise between Loss of Content and loss of aspect ratio.
 -
3. Compromise 2 between Loss of Content and loss of aspect ratio.
 -
4. Compromise 3 between Loss of Content and loss of aspect ratio.
 -

5. Correct aspect ratio, but loss of content!
 -

[ 07-04-2009, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: Fangorn ]

From: Bangalore | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

posted      Profile for Kalkin   Email Kalkin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, WGW! I love my new avatar. The hidden Archer, unseen, unheard and lethal. Just like me.....Silent but Deadly. []
From: Chicago | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark Phoenix
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5456

posted      Profile for Dark Phoenix   Email Dark Phoenix   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I want this one.

-

EDIT: kalkin, that was so wrong! lol! "silent but deadly"

[ 07-05-2009, 07:21 AM: Message edited by: Dark Phoenix ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Ash nazg durbatulûk,
ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

From: The Phoenix Inn. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

Dark Phoenix, looks like that's just a bit over 5KB in size. Here's a downsized one for you:

-

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, thanks so much Fangorn ! [] []

Sorry for the mistake []

The third image - second compromise - would be perfect. []

[ 07-05-2009, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Next Thorin will be getting an avatar...
From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grimwulf Stormspear
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5157
posted      Profile for Grimwulf Stormspear   Email Grimwulf Stormspear   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Donkey One:

-

Donkey Two:

-

Donkey Three:

-

Donkey Four:

-

Donkey Five:

-

Donkey Six:

-

Donkey Seven:

-

From: The central lake-lands of the Great Peninsula. | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Great set of donkeys - now which of those are most Tolkien-related? []
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

I suppose it is easier to give people avatars when there is not so many of us here! []
donkey
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5518

In that case, may I have this one?

-

It's not very Tolkien-related, I'm afraid, but then I am a donkey and I can't actually read. []

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

It would be maybe even better with no white background but grey or transparent []
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Avatars - A New Hope (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help