Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » A Good Old-Fashioned Witch Banning (Page 3)
Author Topic: A Good Old-Fashioned Witch Banning
Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
posted      Profile for Tigranes   Email Tigranes   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Artaresto:
Here, let me help.

[ 12-10-2010, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: Tigranes ]

From: anywhere | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Consider the 'yet'. So far it has not been bad compared to the last encounters, but I fear more is to come.
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

posted      Profile for Madomir   Email Madomir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It's picking up speed.. insults, questioning people's intelligence.. next up.. gay bashing! Seems to me he's unraveling quicker than usual this time around.
From: northern hemisphere-ish | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's the way it goes. WiKi had a 4(?) years reign, Sarah was much shorter but still longer than Mablung, so I guess if this continues he might get the axe in near future.
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I just think there are more people like those... and that it is not another pseudonym. Similar, sure.
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
posted      Profile for Tigranes   Email Tigranes   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Very similar. Same behaviour, same stock phrases, same political interests and convictions, same grammatical mistakes.

My little Inquisitorial guide on how to spot a witch:

- Uses Latin stock phrases, spelt wrongly.
- Uses German expressions, spelt wrongly.
- Makes outrageous comments, and later claims they are "traps".
- Interacts with other users as if having known them for a long time.
- Resorts to insults and sometimes bizarre non sequitur vocabulary if someone counters their argument.
- Solid knowledge on Tolkien, but extremely convinced of their own interpretation.
- Resorts to obscene remarks.
- Strongly in favour of a particular American brand of Anarchism; tolerates no other forms of American-ness.
- On the whole completely intolerant of other people's different opinions.

~ Fear the Alien, the Mutant, the Heretic. Suffer not the Witch to live ~

From: anywhere | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If the tone were for the most part civil, there'd be no issue at all. I don't need sweet or kind, just civil. I actually like hearing the opinions of those/them/him/her/whatever...
So, TWH, please try to take these critiques in the best possible way and try, or I fear your stay here will be short, and in some ways that could be unfortunate.

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

posted      Profile for Madomir   Email Madomir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If the tone were for the most part civil, there'd be no issue at all
But that's the rub isn't it, always has been really. He posts like crazy which helps keep things lively, has strong opinions, good Tolkien knowledge... these are all good things. It's his inability to play well with others that messes things up.

I blame the internet [] , if he had to deal with people face to face he'd spend half his life knocked flat on his tookus if he acted so rudely, he'd have no choice but to learn some degree of civility. But the internet is anonymous, so our little web warrior gets to be brave and nasty.

I'm still not 100% convinced wiki & sarah were the same person, but this new kid is so similar that if it ain't wiki it's gotta be his twin.

From: northern hemisphere-ish | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I don't read the political threads, so I can't speak about those - but in other threads I find he has been more civil than wiki used to be.
And more willing to accept for others to have a different opinion, without calling them names for it. So far.

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Tigranes: Don't forget extreme hatred of the films and Peter Jackson.
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eonwe The Herald
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11232
posted      Profile for Eonwe The Herald   Email Eonwe The Herald   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
This is my first time posting in this thread, its been a good read []

Anyway, seems to have died down now. Though I don't think you should ban unless it gets really bad, I've always wanted my very own pet troll []

From: England | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tigranes
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 9076
quote:
Tigranes: Don't forget extreme hatred of the films and Peter Jackson.
You're right, but that part doesn't bother me that much, personally []
Vahndel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5110

posted      Profile for Vahndel   Email Vahndel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Regardless of whether TWH has walked among us before, he at least keeps his ugly side to the political threads, which already were(and are usually destined to become) pretty ugly. That said, his attitude is certainly excessive within those threads, and I've never been able to look favorably on someone who belittles others' intelligence as a tactic in debates. Ever.

Still, I'd like to hope he'd cool off a little with a warning, granted he keeps up his current tone. If he really is Wiki, however, that hope is most likely held in vain.

From: Florida, the Flower of the US | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

quote:
he at least keeps his ugly side to the political threads,
Ummm... not so much, his boorishness follows him where ever he posts, he seems incapable of turning it off to me.

I had many debates with wiki and sarah in the past, my tolerance for that kind of frustration has gotten decidedly low. Think I'm gonna try to sit this exorcism out and stay out of the threads he's posting in.. battle on folks [] [] []

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

The Steward watches his palantír. He'll take action if needed.
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, he can ban me for my last post. I don't really care.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grimwulf Stormspear
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5157
posted      Profile for Grimwulf Stormspear   Email Grimwulf Stormspear   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I think you were on point. []

I think Wiki must be related to the Steward’s wife. [] I certainly wouldn’t put up with crap like this from my own family, much less from a total stranger.

From: The central lake-lands of the Great Peninsula. | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If picking up the public nastiness and taking it to an individual behind the scenes via PM is Wiki, then I can confirm that TWH engages in the same behaviour through direct experience.

I am retaining the messages, should they be somehow pertinent to future action or queries.

I'm not sure, however, that the Wiki we all know would bother with a half hearted attempt at conciliation via the "I was only joking when I called you the product of incest and cognitively impaired" line and then resume the assault. I've yet to be convinced that Wiki even knows of such a concept of conciliation, much less has the wherewithal to attempt even a half formed try at it.

So, the unfortunate hypothesis I am left with is this: there is more than one Wiki in cyberville. []

From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » A Good Old-Fashioned Witch Banning (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help