Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Minas Tirith's 9th Anniversary!
Author Topic: Minas Tirith's 9th Anniversary!
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
 -

Well, we missed it. May 21 - 25 is the anniversary, and everybody forgot. I'm going to figure out a way to set some sort of alarm for next year. I need to do something for our tenth besides post a belated topic.

We turned off public registrations, banned a long thorn in everyone's side, and spent the rest of the year arguing about hand puppets. What a year!

The Hobbit storm clouds are on the horizon. Whether they'll be a gentle refreshing rain or PJ and crew relieving themselves on the upward-turned faces of the public, only time will tell. Minas Tirith will weather it.

8th Anniversary thread
5th Anniversary thread
4th Anniversary thread
3rd Anniversary thread

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday, MT!!
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday Minas Tirith ! [] [] []

quote:
We turned off public registrations, banned a long thorn in everyone's side, and spent the rest of the year arguing about hand puppets. What a year!
[]
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Dammit, I forgot it this year! []

Anyways, happy birthday MT! []

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

posted      Profile for Nash Rómerandir   Author's Homepage   Email Nash Rómerandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Happy (belated) Birthday MT... []

Maybe we could have a puppet show for the party? []

What? [] Ok, I'm out...

From: Cuiviénen (well, people call this place France) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday, MT!
quote:
Maybe we could have a puppet show for the party?
I'm not sure - nor is Loremaster [] He sends his regards, though []
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday, MT! Wonders how many people will be about for the 10th!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mithrennaith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5239
posted      Profile for Mithrennaith   Author's Homepage   Email Mithrennaith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Belated happy birthday, then. []
From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I knew there was something special about last weekend. []

Happy Birthday MT! []

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Something tells me to remember this day for our 10th anniversary memories. We'll see...
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Marcho Blackwood - MSS
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 270

posted      Profile for Marcho Blackwood - MSS   Email Marcho Blackwood - MSS   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! Hard to believe.

I've formed a lot of friendships with many. Some of the highlights:

I came here through the chance meeting with one of the first persons to be banned from this site. I have remained in contact with Will since. I even exhibited items obtained at national level stamp shows with excellent results.

I've made and lost a friend that introduced me to text versions of Tolkien's works, as well as brought the global part of this board to a stark reality. Rest in Peace, Bungo!

We've seen kids graduate from high school and college. We've seen their growing maturity and learning. Marriages have occurred, babies born (including to our Steward!).

We've seen the coming and going of many a spammer, vandal and just general pain in the butts.

It boils down to the simple fact that Minas Tirith has been a large part of my life for a lot of years. Let's go for at least another decade!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Marcho Blackwood, MSS - #16 Brookshade Close - Bindbale, North Farthing, The Shire
1st Winner Mahanaxar's Boy Howdy of Approval with 2 Bronze Stars (3rd Award) & Balrog Cluster with Laurel.
King of Grammar with Queen SSA
Sass this hoopy hobbit frood who really knows where his towel is!

From: Bindbale, North Farthing | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Has it really been 9 years since I stumbled into this city, where there were NO posts and the registration process didn't work? Yes, I guess it has been. It wasn't 'til August when I actually clicked on this saved favorite again, when the registration process DID work!

Wow, its been alot of fun through the years! And you know what? It STILL IS! []

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Miz Lobelia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1612

posted      Profile for Miz Lobelia   Email Miz Lobelia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday MT! I don't post as often as I used to, but check in fairly frequently to keep up. You guys are the best and I would miss you all if MT disappeared - which, for about 4 days several years ago I fear it had.
From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Minas Tirith's 9th Anniversary!
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help