Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Modification to the Registration Situation (Page 1)
Author Topic: Modification to the Registration Situation
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Registration in its previous form has been suspended. In its place is the following message.

quote:
The registration form is closed due to rampant bot activity, but we always accept new registrations.

Since registration approval requires you to send me an email with the answers to a few questions anyway, send them to me first and I'll setup your registration.

To become a citizen, email me at whitegoldwielder@minastirith.com with the answers to the following questions:

- How did you discover Minas Tirith?
- Why do you want to become a citizen of the White City?
- What do Tolkien's literary works mean to you?

Any serious fan of Tolkien should be accepted, but be patient. It may take up to a day before your application can be reviewed. Take this time to familiarize yourself with Minas Tirith. Read the F.A.Q. or the All Newbie Questions Answered thread for some helpful information. Look around and you’ll be able to post soon enough!

P.S. If approved, your username will be the beginning of your email address. Your display name can be changed once you login. Your password will be generated and will be emailed to you, so make sure your email address is valid. Oh, and if your email is full of advertising links, it might get sent to my junk bin and lost, so keep it simple.

Cheers!

White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith

We only get a small handful of legit registrations per month anyway, and I don't think that the above message would drive anyone away out of confusion.
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 

From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
But... [] I was about to become an oldbie []

[]

[]

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Inc, I'm not an oldbie, and I've got five years on you. []
From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
We're like the second group of oldies - maybe call us the middies. There are some others here I can think of as well off the top of my head that are still here and are in the middle numbers range.
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]

I just hope it doesn't discourage anyone who shows up because of The Hobbit...But that's a ways away.

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
We're like the second group of oldies - maybe call us the middies.
Moldies??
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mithrennaith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5239
posted      Profile for Mithrennaith   Author's Homepage   Email Mithrennaith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks ...

I was just feeling green and soggy ...

[]

As for the registration changes: []

[ 01-22-2009, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: Mithrennaith ]

From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendilyon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 322

posted      Profile for Earendilyon   Author's Homepage   Email Earendilyon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But... [] I was about to become an oldbie []
An oldbie is one who registered before the release of PJ's abomination [] Which means, that one Lixie is the youngest of the oldbies.

~ Ear.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"For I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words Bother me."

John 3:16-21

From: Rivendell | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
One of the definitions that was popular was that you became an oldbie when the last registered citizen had a citizen # superior to 2x yours []

[ 01-25-2009, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: Inc' ]

From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendilyon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 322

posted      Profile for Earendilyon   Author's Homepage   Email Earendilyon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Popular with the n00bs, I'm certain! []

~ Ear.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

From: Rivendell | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

You oldbies are weird. Like it's important []
Roll of Honor Marcho Blackwood - MSS
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 270

posted      Profile for Marcho Blackwood - MSS   Email Marcho Blackwood - MSS   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I always thought it was having less than 4 digits in your citizen number!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Marcho Blackwood, MSS - #16 Brookshade Close - Bindbale, North Farthing, The Shire
1st Winner Mahanaxar's Boy Howdy of Approval with 2 Bronze Stars (3rd Award) & Balrog Cluster with Laurel.
King of Grammar with Queen SSA
Sass this hoopy hobbit frood who really knows where his towel is!

From: Bindbale, North Farthing | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I think that should be the line. Enough with the movie hate. You hate the films, we get it! Now let's get on with our lives! []
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendilyon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 322

quote:
You oldbies are weird. Like it's important []
Of course it ain't [] But who, again, wanted to be considered an oldbie []

quote:
I always thought it was having less than 4 digits in your citizen number!
Of course it is, but I just wanted to kick a dead horse once more []

~ Ear.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

quote:
But who, again, wanted to be considered an oldbie
[]
I don't care, of course. Hence the smiley []

The Dread Pirate Roberts
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2117
posted      Profile for The Dread Pirate Roberts   Email The Dread Pirate Roberts   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I always thought oldbies were people with numbers lower than 2120.
[]

From: Blacksburg, VA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3219

posted      Profile for Elanor Gamgee   Email Elanor Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I thought oldbie-ness and newbie-ness were all in the mind []
From: Moscow | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

That's the kind of talk I expect from four-digiters []

( [] )

Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I see a lot of us 5000 series citizens still doing a lot of posting. I believe we hold our own as well or better than any other thousand series. [] []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
The grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Go, the Mae Govannan 5000 club. woo
From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

See?
Mithrennaith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5239
posted      Profile for Mithrennaith   Author's Homepage   Email Mithrennaith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 

From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Citizens #2-2823 = Too old. []
Citizens #2825+ = Too new. []
Citizen #2824 = Just right. []

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

Yes, Mith, you were one of those I was thinking of when I posted about us 5000 series. Sounds like the latest model of, well, something or other. []
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Modification to the Registration Situation (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help