Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Minas Tirith's 8th Anniversary ! (Page 2)
Author Topic: Minas Tirith's 8th Anniversary !
Erinti
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3470

posted      Profile for Erinti   Email Erinti   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Good, my old login still works... []

Congratulations for keeping the site up and going for 8 years! In the Internet world, that's something like an age... [] []

From: Somewhere out there | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eldarion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6104
posted      Profile for Eldarion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think as a celebration the graphics/coloring of the sight should be.. updated..
From: Washington (not D.C.) | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Glorfindel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3110

posted      Profile for Lord Glorfindel   Author's Homepage   Email Lord Glorfindel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Naaaah, we like them this way.

After all these years, new colours or something would just confuse the more elderly gentlemen among us *coughWETTYcough* resulting in them getting lost, somewhere in the Floating Log.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Official God Father Of Lentil
"LG for PM!!!" - CloudStrife
"LG = Lifes Good = Lifes Glorfindel" - Cloudstife (él es mi amigo!)
"LG, you're evil. Just plain evil" - Aermir
"I REALLY must get around to terminating your account LG!" -Wetwang
"You mad blighter" - Gloin the Dark

From: I grew up in Europe, where History is from. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Meneldil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 417

posted      Profile for Meneldil   Email Meneldil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm somewhat late to the party, but something (I know not what) made me come back and take a look at this fair city once again.
Many (belated) happy returns to the White City, long may it continue.

quote:
I realise I've been posting here now (intermittently) for very nearly a third of my life.
For me, I must now have been posting (well, registered at least - I haven't posted much in recent years) here for well over third of my life - in just a few more years, for half of it!

Regardless, hurrah for Minas Tirith.

From: Guildford, England | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faramir Took
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3268

posted      Profile for Faramir Took   Email Faramir Took   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, hurrah for Minas Tirith indeed. It's been a while since I posted here regularly, but this board still has a place in my heart.
From: Joisey | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Dread Pirate Roberts
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2117
posted      Profile for The Dread Pirate Roberts   Email The Dread Pirate Roberts   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's another great thing about MT: the various ages and how we all interact here in a way that would probably not happen in RL. 1/3 of your lives is something like 1/7 of mine. Yet here in the city we're all peers regardless of age. I think that's cool.
From: Blacksburg, VA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Herendil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1494

posted      Profile for Herendil   Author's Homepage   Email Herendil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It is good to see that this place is still going. I am just visiting; I sort of left for new 'hunting grounds' in my ever so unquenchable thirst for Tolkien knowledge and fandom, and since then I've come to realize that there is a lot more information out there than what is generally known.

By the way, I received Tolkien: On Fairy-stories last week, and it is probably Tolkien's Gedling 1914: The Birth of a Legend that is waiting for me at my local post office today. On Tolkien: Interviews, Reminiscences, and Other Essays will be released in August. A new milestone in my 'Tolkien career' happened in May; I met someone who knew Tolkien: Arne Zettersten, who has written the newly published Tolkien: Min vän Ronald och hans världar (approximately 'Tolkien: My friend Ronald and his worlds') about his experiences of Tolkien (a revised English edition will be released at some point). We had a two hour long discussion and if anyone is interested, I could post a translated transcript of it.

[ 07-08-2008, 07:12 PM: Message edited by: Herendil ]

From: Nowadays: The Lord of the Rings Fanatics Forum | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mithrennaith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5239
posted      Profile for Mithrennaith   Author's Homepage   Email Mithrennaith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
So you've met Arne! And isn't he a very nice person!

I've now met him a few times, last time was at Älvkarleby with the Forodrim jubilee a month ago. But I had the opportunity of a somewhat longer talk at our (Unquendor's) own 25th anniversary two years ago. No transcript of that, however. So I would be interested in yours, certainly!

From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Herendil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1494

posted      Profile for Herendil   Author's Homepage   Email Herendil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, he was very nice. I believe that he talked about much the same things at the Forodrim jubilee as he did in his discussion with my group. But our discussion was two hours long, and I had prepared close to 20 questions, all relevant ones that I could think of, to him beforehand.
From: Nowadays: The Lord of the Rings Fanatics Forum | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mithrennaith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5239
posted      Profile for Mithrennaith   Author's Homepage   Email Mithrennaith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, yes, he talked about the same subject at our Lustrum in 2006 and at the Tolkien 2005 conference in Birmingham, England.
From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
We had a two hour long discussion and if anyone is interested, I could post a translated transcript of it.
I for one would be interested in reading it [] You might even PM me the original transcript - which would be in Swedish, I guess?
I'll look out for his book next time I'm in a Swedish bookshop.

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor TheGentleman
Captain of the Newbie Guard
Citizen # 718

posted      Profile for TheGentleman   Email TheGentleman   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
so get an oldbie to check in just for the heck of it
[]

(I'll see you at the back door...)

[ 09-22-2008, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: TheGentleman ]

From: London, England | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
AH! tG! *hobbit!glomp*
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
TG! So good to see you here! Do stop by more often. []

[] []

[ 09-30-2008, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: Gandalf the White ]

From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Minas Tirith's 8th Anniversary ! (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help