Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Convert to New Forum Software (Page 4)
Author Topic: Convert to New Forum Software
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
No. I may have been tweaking the DB and something got saved wrong. Maybe my host is jacking with server settings. I'll look into it.
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Was over at the New City today. It kind of reminds me of one of those places in Spain that was built but is deserted. Still, like the effort to make it look like this old place.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
A conversion was just too much effort. Square peg / round hole. The existing software convertors out there didn't fit with our data, I don't have the expertise with the current software(s) to write my own
convertor.

I would like to drag us out of the ancient past software-wise someday, but it will have to be the job of an expert, and one that I will have to pay for.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. []
From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, this^. I don't experience any problems on MT as it is now. []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
UBB 6.6.1 here is sort of like a well-loved classic car. You can keep it shiny and drive it around, but parts become increasingly hard to find. the core product was developed in 1996, and 6.6.1 is an early 200's vintage. I agree it works great as WGw keeps the paint polished and the bearings greased. But should it ever throw a rod, we'll be stranded.

That said, the 'new city' looks great and all, and should the time ever come where this fine classic can't steam forth, it would be a good alt to go to even if everything can't be converted over. Just my 2¢....

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Convert to New Forum Software (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help