Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Last Host Change? (Page 2)
Author Topic: Last Host Change?
Mithrennaith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5239
posted      Profile for Mithrennaith   Author's Homepage   Email Mithrennaith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
H'm. My calculation are running wild. From what I calculated on the basis of what Pi wrote, I'd say server time moved three hours later, so three zones more easterly, that is three hours/zones in my direction.

Yet I had to adjust it 4 hours closer to me. Server time is now 3 hours behind my local time, I am at GMT(or UTC)+2 (during Summer months), so the server should now be at GMT-1, or 1 zone west of Greenwich (2 zones west of Greenwich if it's observing northern hemisphere DST).

H'm again. []

From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Makes sense. At least you and I are in the same zone, Mith, and I didn't need to change it as much as before the move.
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erinti
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3470

posted      Profile for Erinti   Email Erinti   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nice to see that the move went smoothly.

And, perhaps the new server is in Greenland? []

From: Somewhere out there | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sherl
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3828

posted      Profile for Sherl   Email Sherl   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for all your work, WGW! Nice to see things back on!
From: 221b Baker Street | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mithrennaith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5239
posted      Profile for Mithrennaith   Author's Homepage   Email Mithrennaith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I couldn't get any connection with MT for most of Thursday, June 28.
From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Its funny... []
If only some people would actually read instead of just posting.

So boss... the new host will hopefully not screw up while you're away. So since UBB is creaking like the old sub in Down Periscope, do I smell V-Bull coming, or that PHP crap? I'll miss this format when its gone.

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Its funny...
If only some people would actually read instead of just posting.

To what are you are referring?
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Mithrennaith, Pi. In my opinion, Mith was joking.
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mithrennaith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5239
I'm confused now. Where was I joking, and who is supposed not to have read what?
Eluchil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5432
posted      Profile for Eluchil   Author's Homepage   Email Eluchil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
And most of all, who murdered Dr. Black ? []
From: Menegroth, deep under the sea | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Posting this here in case anyone missed the Steward's proclamation at the top of the main page....

[] - Notice: We're going to be changing hosts very soon, so Minas Tirith might be down for a day or so. I don't have any exact dates, but don't panic if you see us down.

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
OK, we're all tucked in here at the new host.

I did rebuild the search indexes and all metadata, etc, so there might be small performance differences until things get settled.

Let me know if you notice anything wonky.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure you noticed the wonkiness of us being down for a few days!

I screwed up an addition to the DNS Zone file. Whoops!

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

All seems to be working nice and fast now! []
faithfull
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11417

posted      Profile for faithfull   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Thanks for all the hard work! []
From: East of the sun, West of the moon | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Last Host Change? (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help