Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Delete Post Rights Removed (Page 5)
Author Topic: Delete Post Rights Removed
Ulairë Gordis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5350

posted      Profile for Ulairë Gordis   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Lugburz When a thread gets buried with time or achived or even deleted after a year or two it is perfectly natural. I have many threads of my own, dear to me, buried in this way on the forum which I frequent most often. But that is quite another thing to spend hours searching for new quotes, to find them, post and then to see your post deleted (along with the whole thread) almost instantly, before anyone had seen it.

But well, let us drop the subject. I am not going to whine about it. I am glad it won't happen again, due to WGW's ruling.

From: Minas Morgul | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Posted 01 September, 2006 06:27 PM: Well, the current pettiness has gone on so long, we actually have someone deleting entire literary topics just because there were posts they didn't like.

I am this close to dropping the ban hammer, so pay attention people.

I had actually been crafting a lengthy response over the past couple days to one of the topics deleted today, and I am pretty steamed about all the time wasted. I can easily imagine how steamed those people are who had already spent the time to post.

Deleting literary topics is like spitting in my face. Don't do it again.

Actually, for an undetermined period of time, no one can delete any posts except for me. Deleting the first post of a thread has always deleted the entire thread. This has been a privilege and a sign that I trust the members of this community. For now, there are some among us that have betrayed my trust.

Those who are responsible for this mess know who they are. Unless I see some sign that will make me trust this situation won’t repeat itself, the deletion ban remains in effect. If some resolution doesn’t occur between the parties involved, I will solve in my own way.

Have a nice day.

Ah yes.... nearly ten years ago we lost the 'delete' function. If the walls of the White City could talk.... Some of those deleted posts were doozies! Too bad about whole thread deletion though.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Delete Post Rights Removed (Page 5)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help