Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Report Site Problems (Page 6)
Author Topic: Report Site Problems
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, is anyone else seeing orange underlined words that lead to adverts on some of the pages? Not judging if MT has gone commercial (NOOOOOO [] [] ) but I was worried it was some kind of server hack.

[] [] []

ETA: WHAT THE

They've gone now. []

ETA2: AND NOW THEY ARE BACK []

[ 08-13-2012, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Athene ]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I don't see any in my browser. Neither staying nor coming and going. []
Very strange.

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] THEY ARE MOCKING ME []
From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

OK, just to prove I am NOT going crazy, here is a screenshot of the Pony from my view. You can see that there is a light blue link (they were orange earlier) over the name of the mighty ZENITH, and that if you hover over it it shows an advert by easyinline.

-

These have been distributed randomly throughout MT today; sometimes they are there, sometimes not. Help meh? []

ETA: OK THERE IS ONE OVER ZENITH'S NAME IN THIS ACTUAL POST NOW. THIS MEANS WAR [] [] []

[ 08-13-2012, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Athene ]

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

OK, it probably has nothing to do with MT. [] I seem to have been got by an add-on. []

[] DISABLED []

[ 08-13-2012, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: Athene ]

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
An attack on your browser, then?
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing wrong with an add-on one can do exciting things with them, Theney!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen that kind of thing on other pages so even though I don't have this problem on MT I know what you are talking about. []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"Nothing wrong with an add-on one can do exciting things with them"
That's what she said.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Report Site Problems (Page 6)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help