Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Report Site Problems (Page 4)
Author Topic: Report Site Problems
Elenár
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4322

posted      Profile for Elenár   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
WGW, is the following problem due to MT's server or is my PC kaputt?

It is only for MT that I get this error. []

quote:
Yahoo! - Help
Sorry, Unable to process request at this time -- error 999.
Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later.

If you continue to experience this error, it may be caused by one of the following:

You may want to scan your system for spyware and viruses, as they may interfere with your ability to connect to Yahoo!. For detailed information on spyware and virus protection, please visit the Yahoo! Security Center.
This problem may be due to unusual network activity coming from your Internet Service Provider. We recommend that you report this problem to them.
Return to Yahoo!

Please check the URL for proper spelling and capitalization. If you're having trouble locating a destination on Yahoo!, try visiting the Yahoo! home page or look through a list of Yahoo!'s online services. Also, you may find what you're looking for if you try searching below.

Search the Web advanced search
|
most popular
Please try Yahoo! Help Central if you need more assistance.

Copyright © 2007 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy - Terms of Service

From: The glorious UK - for good! | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone have any idea how long that error message was up?
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elenár
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4322

posted      Profile for Elenár   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have had it since about Friday or Thursday last week.
From: The glorious UK - for good! | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
One word - Google

http://www.murraymoffatt.com/software-problem-0011.html

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is it just me or has MT been running slow for anyone else these last 2 or 3 days []
From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It has for me, Wetty. So slow I couldn't even load it for a few minutes this morning.
From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

Might be the series of inter-connected tubes running to yer island over there. No issues here. I'll keep an eye out.
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

posted      Profile for Fangorn   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Today I too felt the site was slow. It took almost a minute for the screen to comeback after I hit the 'Add Reply' button.

Edit : Ps : It is intermittent. This post went through fast enough.

[ 10-24-2007, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: Fangorn ]

From: Bangalore | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I tried to enter the site a moment ago and got this message:

quote:
Sorry, UBB has encountered an unexpected, fatal error. This error is extremely abnormal. Please contact the board administration. The error text is:

Can't open 'CachePathNonCGIPath_files/summary/summary.html'.

The exact error returned by the operating system is:
Stale NFS file handle

I tried again immediately and it was gone...
From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
We (Europe) changed from Summer Time to Winter Time last Saturday... but MT is still showing Summer Time for me. In other words, the post times are coming up an hour in the future. []

Is there something I can do on my computer? My computer is set automatically to the correct time...

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The US doesn't change until this Saturday night cause some idiot thought that if they made the time change after Halloween kids would trick-or-treat when it's still light out []
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meliverindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2830

posted      Profile for Meliverindë   Author's Homepage   Email Meliverindë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I changed the forum time in my profile, no need to mess up your computer []
From: Italy | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mithrennaith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5239
posted      Profile for Mithrennaith   Author's Homepage   Email Mithrennaith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, we had this same discussion (more or less) half a year ago in another thread.

Indeed, you can set the difference between server time and your own in your profile. Personally I don't bother for the short time between time switches.

From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor EowynatHeart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3437

posted      Profile for EowynatHeart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just now I was posting in the UP and everytime I tried to click on a smilie, my whole post disappeared. I did it 3 times and each time I clicked the post went away. I typed in the smilie code and it was fine.

Not sure if this has been reported before. Just thought I would let you know.

From: Wait! The map was upside down!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

Works fine for me. Could not get it to behave like you say it does.

What browser are you using?

Roll of Honor EowynatHeart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3437

posted      Profile for EowynatHeart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Internet Explorer.

The thing is, it's not doing it anymore []
So, I guess it was me..... []

Thanks.

From: Wait! The map was upside down!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The search function doesn't seem to be functioning properly. I noticed this a couple of weeks ago, but thought it was perhaps a temporary glitch.

But I just noticed it again searching for the "Royalty trivia" thread in the Pony. I searched first for "royalty" in subject only and got no results, then I tried "trivia" and got one result... but not the thread I wanted. Searched for the thread manually and found it on the second page of the Pony.

What's the deal? Or is it just me? []

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eluchil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5432
posted      Profile for Eluchil   Author's Homepage   Email Eluchil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
And what about reading one of WGW's posts on page 3 of this thread ? []

[ 03-07-2008, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: Eluchil ]

From: Menegroth, deep under the sea | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

That was back in September... you don't actually expect me to remember such things? [] I looked through the posts on this page and thought that it went back far enough in time. My bad. []
Eluchil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5432
posted      Profile for Eluchil   Author's Homepage   Email Eluchil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Do Elves suffer from Alzheimer ? []
From: Menegroth, deep under the sea | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

Intersting idea for a thread... I'm sure that there is something in Letters to support that theory. []
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Do Elves suffer from Alzheimer ?
Only when they start fading.
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Not really a problem, WGW, but more of a question, since I'm clueless to why this is happening.

For the past week or so, every once in a while, I'm getting the Yahoo! 999 error that Elenar posted above when using Mozilla Firefox. Strangely, if I then open up my IE browser, I have no problem at all accessing the site.

Do you have any idea why? Thanks!

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I tried to post a reply earlier and it said I was banned. This is a test to see if it will do it again....

edit: Ok that's so weird. It worked this time. []

edit 2: ok, it did it again when trying to post in the UP thread. [] That's so random and weird.

[ 10-31-2008, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: Lillianna ]

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Happened to me too. Maybe been Halloween the Gremlins are about?
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Report Site Problems (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help