Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Report Site Problems (Page 1)
Author Topic: Report Site Problems
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If there is something wrong with the server, host, software, or anything having to do with Minas Tirith not running smoothly, let me hear about it here.

Please be as complete as you can be with your description.

Known Issues Not To Be Reported:
--------------------------------

To Be Announced

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

posted      Profile for ZENITH   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well I hate to be the first, but non of the ubb code buttons seame to be loading up or the odd two smiles though the rest of the posting page seams to be working fine!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
The one and only ZENCHEN™
Citzen #88 according to the oldbies
Oh that reminds me Zen, YOU ROCK man! - Whyte Chyld Wyelder
...shooting newbies is like smoking pot, its technically illegal, but everyone does it anyway-OSSY *Drools at Avatar*
And I figure if Zen doesn't know it, it's probably not WORTH knowing... - Cloudstrife
Zillionaire Exchanging Naughty, Intense, Thrilling Hugs
The Most Crazy CitiZEN

From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Works fine for me. Perhaps an issue with your browser.

It's not a high priority for me to go to great lengths to make certain that MT runs flawlessly with all browsers. Maybe I'll install Firefox just to see how MT looks and see if I can do anything about it. Other than that, it could be dozens of possible things wrong on your end.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I hate to say anything after my last experience, but it seems that my Active Topics is not updating, however much I refresh the page. I'll go and try it on a different browser.

edit: No, the same on that one. Active Topics is stuck, for me, about 90 minutes ago.

edit2: Recent Visitors is also stuck.

So, is this my computer on two browsers, or is it a site problem? I don't know, so I'm reporting in case it should happen to be a site problem.

Ultimate edit: it has cleared now!

[ 01-19-2006, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: Sauron's Secret Agent ]

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sherl
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3828

posted      Profile for Sherl   Email Sherl   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
For about 30 minutes, I could not post any reply - the board gave me the flood protection message, even when I waited 5 minutes to try again, perhaps it has something to do with the timing issue that SSA reported?

Also, some threads on the PP seemed to be posted out of time - Thorin's thread Help for Newbies is posted as of 8:20 AM of today, when it's only 8:10 now... []

[ 01-19-2006, 08:21 AM: Message edited by: Sherl ]

From: 221b Baker Street | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't been able to post for awhile, I kept getting:

quote:
Sorry, we can not process your request. The board administrator has enabled flood protection for this function. You must wait at least 30 seconds before trying this request again.

Even though I hadn't posted for half an hour, and then waited ten more minutes before trying again.

E: I just noticed that the clock is correct now and must have corrected itself during this time... maybe it has something to do with my problem. If so... just ignore me.

[ 01-21-2006, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: Thingol of Doriath ]

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Me too, I rebooted to see if that helped. It didn't. []

*waits to see if this posts*

edit: It posted. *goes to make saved post elsewhere*

[ 01-21-2006, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Sauron's Secret Agent ]

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hidalgo
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1083
posted      Profile for Hidalgo   Edit/Delete Post 
I had the same problem as Sherl, Singo and SSA at 15:30 GMT. It was... annoying.
Obviously its a general problem.

From: Madrid - Spain | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What on earth does this all mean? []

Grimwulf Stormspe {Mib>//aipMib>//} sp>/ n sp; &nCitadelpMbrtextCit.dan # 5157pMbrtextt//} sp>/pMituiv/ Vis"bd;/ Værta = sMib>//aipMib>//} sp>/ n sp; &nCitadelpMbrtextCit.dan # 3122pMbrtextt//} sp>/Mbrtext//tuiv/ GnaMib>//aipMib>//} sp>/ n sp; &nCitadelpMbrtextCit.dan # 3830pMbrtextt//} sp>/Mbrtext//tuiv/ Nash Rómerandi{Mib>//aipMib>//} sp>/ n sp; &nCitadelpMbrtextCit.dan # 2903pMbrtextt//} sp>/Mbrtext//tuiv/ GnaMib>//aipMib>//} sp>/ n sp; &nCitadelpMbrtextCit.dan # 3830pMbrtextt//} sp>/Mbrtext//tuiv/ Nash Rómerandi{Mib>//aipMib>//} sp>/ n sp; &nCitadelpMbrtextCit.dan # 2903pMbrtextt//} sp>/Mbrtext//tuiv/ ThorisMib>//aipMib>//} sp>/ n sp; &nCitadelpMbrtextCit.dan # 816pMbrtextt//} sp>/pMituiv/ Ari 'p; &nMaiaMib>//aipMib>//} sp>/ n sp; &nCitadelpMbrtextCit.dan # 4219pMbrtextt//} sp>/Mbrtext//tuiv/ Wan erdentTuo{Mib>//aipMib>//} sp>/ n sp; &nCitadelpMbrtextCit.dan # 1685pMbrtextt//} sp>/Mbrtext//tuiv/ Dark Le> A iúrilMib>//aipMib>//} sp>/ n sp; &nCitadelpMbrtextCit.dan # 2564pMbrtextt//} sp>/Mbrtext//tuiv/ GnaMib>//aipMib>//} sp>/ n sp; &nCitadelpMbrtextCit.dan # 3830pMbrtextt//} sp>/Mbrtext//tuiv/ DerajpthepPlaidMib>//aipMib>//} sp>/ n sp; &nCitadelpMbrtextCit.dan # 1351pMbrtextt//} sp>/Mbrtext//tuiv/ Ear 'dilyonMib>//aipMib>//} sp>/ n sp; &nCitadelpMbrtextCit.dan # 322pMbrtextt//} sp>/Mbrtext//tuiv/ Vis"bd;/ Vært-lionMib>//aipMib>//} sp>/ n sp; &nCitadelpMbrtextCit.dan # 3122pMbrtextt//} sp>/Mbrtext//tuiv/

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viscount Værtalion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3122

posted      Profile for Viscount Værtalion   Author's Homepage   Email Viscount Værtalion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
it's something to do with that thread in the Pony, Andy's thread.
I know that because the names hidden in there are in the order of the posts on the second page.

quote:
Vært-lionMib
hmmmmmmmm, i like that

[ 05-23-2006, 06:58 AM: Message edited by: Viscount Værtalion ]

From: Serapion | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

Wha??
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

quote:
Wha??
Well it's your website Boss and if it's got you all [] how the hell am I meant to know what's going on? []

VV, yep! that was the thread []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

Which is gone now? Which is why I can't find it? What was the title, "Andy's thread"?
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

It was in this thread Boss.
BTW, ' [] ' always makes me laugh []

Lord Glorfindel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3110

posted      Profile for Lord Glorfindel   Author's Homepage   Email Lord Glorfindel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Problems with the site...does Meneldil count?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Official God Father Of Lentil
"LG for PM!!!" - CloudStrife
"LG = Lifes Good = Lifes Glorfindel" - Cloudstife (él es mi amigo!)
"LG, you're evil. Just plain evil" - Aermir
"I REALLY must get around to terminating your account LG!" -Wetwang
"You mad blighter" - Gloin the Dark

From: I grew up in Europe, where History is from. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Glorfindel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3110

posted      Profile for Lord Glorfindel   Author's Homepage   Email Lord Glorfindel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I guess not...

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Official God Father Of Lentil
"LG for PM!!!" - CloudStrife
"LG = Lifes Good = Lifes Glorfindel" - Cloudstife (él es mi amigo!)
"LG, you're evil. Just plain evil" - Aermir
"I REALLY must get around to terminating your account LG!" -Wetwang
"You mad blighter" - Gloin the Dark

From: I grew up in Europe, where History is from. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lórien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5452
posted      Profile for Lórien   Email Lórien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
From: thats completely up to you. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Intermittent loss of connection for me, not affecting any other website. Anyone else?
From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aerel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2697

posted      Profile for Aerel   Email Aerel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Same here.
From: England | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
And here ...
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Seems OK now.
From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Same here occasionally.
From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mithrennaith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5239
posted      Profile for Mithrennaith   Author's Homepage   Email Mithrennaith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Now you mention it, I'm also starting to experience it.
From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

Nothing out of the ordinary here. Perhaps a short-lived server issue.
Dancing Sparrow
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2240

posted      Profile for Dancing Sparrow   Author's Homepage   Email Dancing Sparrow   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ok... this has been going on for a while, but my smilies don't move.

Ever.

I've tried everything thinking it was my compy being retarded and though I do not underestimate its level of retardation... I'm not too sure it's us.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

From: Over Yonder *points south* | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Report Site Problems (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help