Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » The Official "MT is going uphill" Thread (Page 4)
Author Topic: The Official "MT is going uphill" Thread
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Wake up, Snowdog! I still see them broadcast on TV every so often, so they obviously haven't been forgotten. []
Not here mate. I do know TNT has to try and show something. []

[ 06-02-2009, 03:12 AM: Message edited by: Snöwdog ]

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarah the Good Witch
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11219
posted      Profile for Sarah the Good Witch   Email Sarah the Good Witch   Edit/Delete Post 
Hot Shots was a true classic! If only they'd parody the LotR films like they did Top Gun, then it would be the Holy Trinity.
From: Vancouver | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
... and with that, Minas Tirith is definitely going uphill ...
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

The White Hand.
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

Its good to see lots of oldbies from the movie days re-checking in!
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I can't help but wonder, given the lack of activity relatively speaking here and it's general decline, I guess Facebook and Twitter might have something to do with this, people don't seem to want to go much on other sites, how long this place will be here for. A year's time fine, but I'm not so sure about two.
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

It's a different internet world than it was in 2000. Message boards were all the rage from the mid-late 90's to well into the new century. But the development of smartphones, tweets & facebooking take up much more of people's available time nowadays and offer an easy way to connect, which was what message boards did back then.
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
...how long this place will be here for. A year's time fine, but I'm not so sure about two.
We've paid up for a bit more. After the last collection plate went around, we should be here for about 8 more years, right?
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Numenorean Sword Trainer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11359
posted      Profile for Numenorean Sword Trainer   Email Numenorean Sword Trainer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"If only they'd parody the LotR films like they did Top Gun, then it would be the Holy Trinity."

Yeah but who can afford Charlie Sheen these days? And getting Loyd Bridges to play the Gandalf character is kinda impossible...

From: The Island Previously Known as Numenor | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

...and there you have it...
The Sherriff
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5427
posted      Profile for The Sherriff   Edit/Delete Post 
Singolo and SSA bullied me off unmercifully. That witch hunt was fun to them and perhaps still would be if people came back to bully.

I was saved from suicide by a miracle of some sort. People found me out in the woods under a tree. I was upset when I woke up in the hospital.. I really wanted to be dead.

Now I just say to myself, "I don't have to do it today, I can do it any day, whenever."..

From: The Shire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Aikanáro
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3121

posted      Profile for Aikanáro   Email Aikanáro   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, The Sherriff!

I posted in the thread you created about this. If you want to discuss it, would you mind sticking to that one thread, instead of posting this in multiple places across the forum? It makes things easier to keep track of.

In regards to what you've said, it's my suggestion that you think a bit more about your situation at the time. The kind of drastic action you're talking about doesn't happen just because of internet messageboard drama. I'm sure there was more to it than that, and it's a little unfair to show up years later and try to blame people here for your suicide attempt. It's important to take responsibility for your own decisions - particularly the critical ones! They're within your power, and nobody else's.

On that note, I find it incredibly difficult to imagine Singollo bullying anyone. He doesn't post here regularly any longer, so he probably won't be here to respond, but in all the years I've been at this board he's been nothing but kind and friendly, one of the nicest people here. I think he was even voted our Friendliest Citizen by the populace once or twice.

Perhaps you misinterpreted the posts? That's easily done, if you're feeling depressed and looking for the negative anyway. Maybe think about what it would mean if you reframed whatever incident you're thinking of in those terms.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Vanima i metta nauva, nan anda ar sarda nauva i mallë.

From: Mar Vanwa Tyaliéva | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Can you say troll? This guy/girl's hardly even posted and is picking on people who never picked on anyone... Are they, in fact, the cyber-bully here?

Do something about Sherriff please, WGW.

[ 06-27-2012, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: The DarkQueen Iauraearien ]

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
May I point out that I have not the slightest idea who The Sherriff is/was and that, if you check out the whole three posts s/he made before today, I have never even posted in the same thread as him/her, let alone bullied him/her.

And thanks Aikanaro []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Queen of Grammar with King Marcho.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Aikanáro
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3121

posted      Profile for Aikanáro   Email Aikanáro   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Uh...you're welcome? []

I tend to assume good faith until I've seen definite proof of trolling, and respond accordingly. I don't see any harm in that approach, even if it's not one that every poster here chooses to take.

To each their own, I guess.

From: Mar Vanwa Tyaliéva | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What I find strange is that by the time The Sherriff registered (08 May, 2006), I'm fairly certain Singollo didn't use that screenname any more. He changed to Thingol some time before he stopped posting - I might even be able to work out what time he did so, but I won't spend time on it right now.

So why call him Singollo now? Did The Sherriff know him as Singollo - with The Sherriff using a different name earlier?

Besides, I couldn't see Thingol/Singollo bullying anyone either ...

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Can I be Dr Watson?
From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

I smell sock-puppetism... []
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Possibly ... []

It's possible that The Sheriff posted more than three posts, though. There was a transfer of the site to a different host some years ago, and after that transfer most of the old threads in the Pony became inaccessible for search. Possibly something to do with database indexing.

So there may be posts in the Pony that don't count in the post count and that won't show up in a search. If you know what thread to look for, you would have to look through each page of old threads in the Pony and in the Archives. []

Not worth the bother. []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

It's really hard work going uphill....
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like it was worth the effort.
I was out of the City for years and want to thank those who climbed the stony slope all the way to the edge of the snow to find sapling tree and then replant it in the court by the fountain.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo

From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

It's good to see you back Aiwrendel!
Aiwrendel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 965

posted      Profile for Aiwrendel   Author's Homepage   Email Aiwrendel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Up! Hill!
I like it here. Many very good people.
[]

From: Chicago USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

MT has always been going uphill, even when lamentations of it going downnhill are posted.
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed, and I like the fact that it continues ticking over, even though the days of heavy traffic may have gone.
From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » The Official "MT is going uphill" Thread (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help