profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » In Memoriam
Author Topic: In Memoriam
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I would be very interested to read any retrospective of Bungo's time here. The longer Minas Tirith stands, the more this is bound to happen, and I think an "In Memoriam" page for citizens who have passed on would be fitting. People have tried to do this in the past with Arra, but these have been outside efforts and never came to fruition. I would add ours to the "About" page, probably below the Roll of Honor.

I hope someone will volunteer to do the research and put something together. Once I get at least one, I will figure out the best way to present it and create the page.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendilyon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 322

posted      Profile for Earendilyon   Author's Homepage   Email Earendilyon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Great idea, WGW. That way, we'll learn a bit more about the Person behind the Pseudonym.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"For I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words Bother me."

John 3:16-21

From: Rivendell | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The Mighty Müsnud
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 720

posted      Profile for The Mighty Müsnud   Author's Homepage   Email The Mighty Müsnud   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I will do my best to bring this to fruition, although I'd imagine this might best be achieved as a group effort...
[]

From: Wichita, KS, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nice idea... maybe we could link relevant threads in the first post. I know that there was a very touching condolence thread when Arra passed on, as well as a sweet thank you thread from her family.

A nice way to show how the departed have touched the lives of other citizens.

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Marcho Blackwood - MSS
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 270

posted      Profile for Marcho Blackwood - MSS   Email Marcho Blackwood - MSS   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ah! It occurred to me this morning that I should suggest such a page or location on the board.

I can certainly provide some insight on Bungo, including some things most didn't know! I will certainly work on a bit of it.

From: Bindbale, North Farthing | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Marcho Blackwood - MSS
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 270

posted      Profile for Marcho Blackwood - MSS   Email Marcho Blackwood - MSS   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I've got some things started. Should I post them here for comment? Perhaps any inputs could be sent to me and I will try to put together a consolidated package.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Marcho Blackwood, MSS - #16 Brookshade Close - Bindbale, North Farthing, The Shire
1st Winner Mahanaxar's Boy Howdy of Approval with 2 Bronze Stars (3rd Award) & Balrog Cluster with Laurel.
King of Grammar with Queen SSA
Sass this hoopy hobbit frood who really knows where his towel is!

From: Bindbale, North Farthing | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

posted      Profile for Celebrían   Email Celebrían   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Marcho, 'twould be most comforting to see them now. Post away!
From: First Homely House, Rivendell, Eriador | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Aye, keep us posted.
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theoden Horsemaster
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5009
posted      Profile for Theoden Horsemaster   Email Theoden Horsemaster   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think that's an excellent idea. I'm all in. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
..The Lord is my Shepherd.....
...Our Father who art in Heaven....
...Hail Mary full of grace.....
....Glory be to the Father......
..I belive in God the Father al...
..Hail Holy Queen Mother of.......

From: Exploring Middle-Earth on my beloved horse Snowmane | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] [] []

A resounding YES from me.

Having experienced the loss of someone very dear indeed, its very difficult to know how to inform the community he or she was part of.

So a proper place, befitting of their memory, is a wonderful thing to create.

From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3830

posted      Profile for Gna   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
A great idea! []

I'd like to make sure that Bungo's outstanding contributions to The Stage Coach, i.e. finishing the mystery story of Alisto's "Whodunnit?", are included in the retrospective of his contributions to, and time at, Minas Tirith. Bungo took on the lion's share of the work tying up all the loose ends, and making sure that the story came to an interesting and well-written conclusion. I'd be willing to put that part of the "In Memoriam" together, and then other citizens who participated in the RP could add their own thoughts. I'm not sure if the intention was to have any particular organization or system to the retrospective, though.

From: Andustar | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

posted      Profile for Lugbúrz   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to contribute to this as well.
From: Middangeard | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
* bump *

I was only on MT for a few months before Bungo passed away, so others obviously have more direct recollection of his posts.

But somehow while prowling about some old threads, I found this gem of a post from him. []

From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viscount Værtalion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3122

posted      Profile for Viscount Værtalion   Author's Homepage   Email Viscount Værtalion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
here Bungo said this
quote:
Alas, the end of a wonderful era of anticipation. I can die now
E: i thought my sig was completely inappropriate

[ 03-20-2006, 02:50 AM: Message edited by: Værtalion of the Vanyar ]

From: Serapion | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa. Barely a month before he passed away, too...
From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I highly recommend that everyone check out Marcho's post and picture of Bungo in the Picture of Tolkien's Tombstone thread.
From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

posted      Profile for Lugbúrz   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the link, Thorin. It's a special picture and I'm glad to have seen it.
From: Middangeard | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcuin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5185
posted      Profile for Alcuin   Author's Homepage   Email Alcuin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
White Gold Welder, would it be fitting to mark Bungo’s profile with a cross designating that he is no longer with us and the date of his death, along with an epitaph of some sort? Do you suppose his family would object, and might his son Chris be willing to provide the epitaph? As you say, this is only the first time Minas Tirith has lost citizens, and a memorial might be appropriate for those for whom we receive notice.
From: New England | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
We also lost Arra. There may have been others we are unaware of. So far, the custom has been to put an actual picture of the citizen in their avatar.

Note Bungo:
 -
and Arra:
 -

From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theoden of Rohan
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 6704
posted      Profile for Theoden of Rohan   Author's Homepage   Email Theoden of Rohan   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Who is Bungo?
From: Moldova | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The short answer: Bungo was a valued citizen, and friend to many.
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
One has to wonder about those who passaway that have been a part of an online community. I've had to create a list of friends on facebook who've passed away.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » In Memoriam
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help