Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Nominate a Thread for Derision (Page 1)
Author Topic: Nominate a Thread for Derision
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Idea-generator that I am, I came up with this clever topic for reporting threads that used to be interesting and shouldn't be deleted, but have since devolved into endless bickering.

Feel free to chide the individuals for their lack of maturity and for giving the steward a hard time. He already has enough children to take care of!

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well I was considering taking the obvious bait to nominate this thread, but I think instead it should be archived somewhere and nominated for most amusing thread. []
From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lord Mithrandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 978

posted      Profile for Lord Mithrandir   Email Lord Mithrandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Condoned flaming, eh?

Well, you're horrible people. Honestly, I don't know how you live with yourselves. You bring shame to MT. Do you have no respect for the Steward? Are you lacking in advanced cognitive ability, et cetera?

From: Olympia, WA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor -Laurelin-
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3717

posted      Profile for -Laurelin-   Email -Laurelin-   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"Stir not the bitterness in the thread that he mixed for himself"

[ 01-22-2005, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: -Laurelin- ]

From: Québec | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

posted      Profile for Kalkin   Email Kalkin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Now THIS is funny! [] From WT's link.....

quote:
Well, it's officially the weekend for me, so you all can take a couple of days off of your normal 9-5 job of being dorks to each other. In fact, take the year off.

From: Chicago | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Gee WGW, you opened this up to a whole can of woop@zz..

I was going to lintk to some of the good 'drama' threads, but unfortunatly I got busy here at work....

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I may very well be the only MTer who holds this opinion, but I think this thread:

http://www.minastirith.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=16;t=000081;p=1#000000

Scores high on the suckitude meter. After something like two years, the gag is tired, tired, tired. []

At the very least, it doesn't belong in the Ivy Bush. Is there anyway to move it to the Log or the Perch?

[ 09-07-2005, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: Silmahtar ]

From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5059
posted      Profile for Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed I think you are the only MTer who holds that opinion, I for one think the thread is quite funny, but i agree with you it does not belong in the Ivy Bush.

[ 09-08-2005, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas ]

From: Philly | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendilyon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 322

posted      Profile for Earendilyon   Author's Homepage   Email Earendilyon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Quote from the aforementioned thread:
quote:
Keeper of the Peace in Minas Tirith []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"For I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words Bother me."

John 3:16-21

From: Rivendell | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3830

posted      Profile for Gna   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Scores high on the suckitude meter. After something like two years, the gag is tired, tired, tired.

At the very least, it doesn't belong in the Ivy Bush. Is there anyway to move it to the Log or the Perch?

Thanks, Silmahtar. Perhaps you can petition WGW to move it to a forum you consider appropriate. Barring that, I could always save the thread, and delete it from the Ivy Bush. Though I was hoping it could keep "middle earth pickup lines", and the threads about WGW's citizen number and the age of MT citizens, company.

EDIT: And oh, yes don't forget...
quote:
Feel free to chide the individuals for their lack of maturity

[ 09-09-2005, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: Gna ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
....adûn izindi batân tâidô ayadda: îdô kâtha batîna lôkhî....

From: Andustar | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lassë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3063

posted      Profile for Lassë   Email Lassë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Gna, chill [] []

*likes the word "suckitude"* []

*thinks said thread belongs where it is, since it has nothing to do with neither alcohol nor newbies*

From: Berlin | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Not even with alcohoolic newbies
From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Gna:
quote:
Thanks, Silmahtar. Perhaps you can petition WGW to move it to a forum you consider appropriate. Barring that, I could always save the thread, and delete it from the Ivy Bush. Though I was hoping it could keep "middle earth pickup lines", and the threads about WGW's citizen number and the age of MT citizens, company.
Oh, jeez, here we go. Buckle up kids, we're going on an ego trip. Please, spare me the dramatics. As far as I'm concerned, those threads should be somewhere else too.
From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3830

Silmahtar:

quote:
Oh, jeez, here we go. Buckle up kids, we're going on an ego trip. Please, spare me the dramatics.
Dramatics? Really? []

Oh, I see, if I defend the thread, it's an "ego trip", and I need to "chill". Never mind that you had the option of asking me, or WGW, to delete, or move, the offending thread privately, and yet you chose to do so publically, including insults to demonstrate your derision. I suppose it's not an "ego trip" to expect that a forum on a message board (that someone else created) conforms to your own standards? []

From: Andustar | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

First of all, it's not your thread like you have ownership rights over it. Secondly, defend the thread, don't get defensive about it. You are taking this personally. I'm not the one who told you to chill, either.

I think it's played out and not for the Ivy Bush. Others don't think so. Am I flinging barbs at them for disagreeing? No.

quote:
I suppose it's not an "ego trip" to expect that a forum on a message board (that someone else created) conforms to your own standards?
Again with the dramatics. Hyperbole is more like it. When did I EVER say that I expect MT to conform to my standards?
Roll of Honor Gna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3830

Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

Roll of Honor Mad Uncle Rupert
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1148

posted      Profile for Mad Uncle Rupert   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
She seemed to have killing rights over it, though.
From: Playing softball with the Nazarenes | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

Well that settles that, I suppose.
Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5059
posted      Profile for Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I nominate this one
Idiots

[ 09-21-2005, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: Joe Stupid KingofBelfalas ]

From: Philly | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You're proposing the Harry Potter Trivia ? []
From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe he's trying to live up to his screenname?
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
No! You're no way getting rid of that thread!!
[]

From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mad Uncle Rupert
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1148

posted      Profile for Mad Uncle Rupert   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is it possible that people are confusing the word 'deletion' for 'derision'?
From: Playing softball with the Nazarenes | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3830

Or perhaps it's simply a method to get some people to

quote:
STFU

Doesn't work very well, however. []

Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Nominate a Thread for Derision (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help