Minas Tirith Forums
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  36  37  38 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Avatars - The Next Generation (Page 4)
Author Topic: Avatars - The Next Generation
Estel the Ranger
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4576

posted      Profile for Estel the Ranger   Author's Homepage   Email Estel the Ranger   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes!

its the closer second one i like the close up better
i cant post them but []

From: jasper TX via melbourne VIC Australia. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Dolenbalion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2019

posted      Profile for Sir Dolenbalion   Email Sir Dolenbalion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I love the softness and clearness of Galadriel, and the blended background in this one:

-

I know this might be too hard to do, but I was wondering if you might be able to make the background like the one in the gift-giving scene with Galadriel in the EE of FotR - but still all blended (I just love the blues, turquoises and golds of that background) -I would really like to see what it looks like. If you can't don't worry about it at all and I think I'll most likely take this one. But lets just see. [] Great job fran! []

[ 06-24-2004, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: Sir Dolenbalion ]

From: The Great Lime Green, Bright Blue, and Purplewood of Dolebyland! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iris Brandybuck
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4341

posted      Profile for Iris Brandybuck   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ranger:I thought this owould be more of your style. And if you check there is one a lot like the one you want, just the pose is different. So I was thinking more along the lines of this(which I checked isnt taken)

-

From: on the runway. | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Naminé
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4572
posted      Profile for Naminé   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
May I have this one
 -

From: A dark room filled with candels. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

posted      Profile for Lostfiniel   Email Lostfiniel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Analol, that one is taken
From: Carlsbad, California | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Dragon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4422

posted      Profile for Black Dragon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to thank Brae for posting up my avatar! [] []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!" - The Life of Brian

From: U.K | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Indil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4434

posted      Profile for Indil   Author's Homepage   Email Indil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I don't get the new way, but never mind. I'll just act like everyone does...

WGW, if you have the time, would you please give me this Avatar?
Thank you! []
 -

And thank you too, Fran, I adore it, and it's EXACTLY what I wanted!

From: The Netherlands | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Estel the Ranger
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4576

posted      Profile for Estel the Ranger   Author's Homepage   Email Estel the Ranger   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
sorry iris but i really like the other one for
personal reasons []

From: jasper TX via melbourne VIC Australia. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quendil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1661

posted      Profile for Quendil   Email Quendil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
How about this one, Analol?

-

Could maybe someone make this picture a bit smaller? It's nearly 20kb. I couldn't do it without too much quality loss.

[ 06-25-2004, 05:37 AM: Message edited by: Quendil Gondolindrim ]

From: Japan | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Can I have the same avtar as I had posted in the last thread? []
Hold on...I'll just go and try to find it []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Hi! My name is Telpy and I'm a Skittle-addict.

From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fran
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 959

posted      Profile for fran   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Dole - here are a few more. I've saved a copy of these ones so I can play around with the mix of colours a bit more if you don't really like any of these. I'll also try a few different ones tonight too, or tomorrow.

-

-

-

Galadriel has come out a bit more golden in these, but I kind of like it.

From: the dreaming | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leto Atreides
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4450
posted      Profile for Leto Atreides   Author's Homepage   Email Leto Atreides   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

I would like to re-request this as my avatar.

http://home.comcast.net/~gdouglassjr/whitetreeofgondor41304d1.gif

-

Thankyou,

From: Caladan | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. That's possibly one of the coolest avatars on here! Mine still wins, though. []
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eöl i Moriquendë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4026
posted      Profile for Eöl i Moriquendë   Author's Homepage   Email Eöl i Moriquendë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
'My newly requested Avatar.'

-

'I will delete my Avatar Thread now. Thank-you to all of those who voted.'

-Dark/Elf
[] [] []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
'~Formerly: Nolofinwë~ (Ex- Member) \{^v^^v^}/
When you were born, you were crying and everyone else was smiling. Live so that when you die, you're smiling and everyone else is crying.

From: Havens of Pelagir | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Can I have this as my avatar?

-

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Hi! My name is Telpy and I'm a Skittle-addict.

From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Dragon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4422

Wolfy, the Wolfs look like they're.... [] [] []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

From: U.K | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eöl i Moriquendë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4026
posted      Profile for Eöl i Moriquendë   Author's Homepage   Email Eöl i Moriquendë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 

From: Havens of Pelagir | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Dragon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4422

Some one agrees!! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Sir Dolenbalion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2019

posted      Profile for Sir Dolenbalion   Email Sir Dolenbalion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
fran - I was thinking more of these colors if that's possible? []

-

(I just cropped as best I could some of the background of the Galadriel wallpaper on the NewLine site)

From: The Great Lime Green, Bright Blue, and Purplewood of Dolebyland! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Fingolfin of the Noldor
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 156

posted      Profile for Fingolfin of the Noldor   Author's Homepage   Email Fingolfin of the Noldor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ok I just organized my avatars in preparation for the renaming and character codes and such and having done this and as such given how much I now know regardint the number of characters and Avatars I have this is the only system within the guide-lines previously mentioned which I think will work for my People and Places sections (code options in red, general label in blue):

-

Now the maximum spacing I can really have (given the appointed number of digits in the file-names) between character codes is 5 which should be good enough to accomidate new major character-combinations and any additions of new characters not previously featured in avatars in such a way that the effective-alphabetical catagorizing of characters I made with how exactly I assigned specific character codes to the characters I have now can be maintained:

PEOPLES:

00 Aragorn
05 Aredhel
10 Aule
15 Balrog
20 Barrow-wight
25 bats
30 Beleg
35 Beorn
40 Beor
45 Beren
50 Bilbo
55 Blackriders
60 Bombadil
65 Boromir
70 Coursairs
75 Curufin
80 Dead
85 Deagol
90 Denethor
95 Dori
0A Eagle
0F Earendil
0K Ecthelion
0P Elwen
1A Ents
1F Eol
1K Eowyn
1P Eru
1U Faramir
1A Feanor
2F Fellowship
2K Finduilas
2P Fingolfin
2U Fingon
3A Finrod
3F Frodo
3K Gaffer
3P Galadriel
3U Gandalf
4A Gawain
4F Gimli
4K Glaurung
4P Glorfindel
4U Goldberry
5A Gollum
5F Great Goblin
5K Guard
5P Huan
5U Hurin
6A Khamul
6F Lalith
6K Legolas
6P Luthien
6U Maedros
7A Mandos
7F Melkor
7K Merry
7P Mim
7U Mouth
8A Nimloth
8F Nori
8K Oin
8P Old Man Willow
8U Oliphant
9A Orcs
9F Ori
9K Orome
9P Other
AA Rohirrim
AF Saruman
AK Sauron
AP Shagrat and Gorbag
AU Shelob
BA Smaug
BF Smith
BK Southrons
BP Tars
BU Theoden
CA Thingol
CF Thorin
CK Thranduil
CP Trolls
CU Tuor
DA Turgon
DF Turin
DK Ulmo
DP Ungoliant
DU Voronwe
EA Warg
EF Watcher

PLACES:

00 Amon Hen
05 Amon Rudh
10 Angband
15 Aragonath
20 Bag-end
25 Baradur
30 Barrow-downs
35 Caradhras
40 Carrock
45 Cirith Gorgor
50 Cirith Ungol
55 Cuivienen
60 Dead Marshes
65 Dol Amroth
70 Dol Guldor
75 Doriath
80 Dun Harrow
85 Echoriath
90 Edhelion
95 Encircling Mts
0A Erech
0F Esgaroth
0K Ettenmoors
0P Fangorn
0U Firith of Drengist
1A Forod
1F Framburg
1K Gates of Morning
1P Golden Hall
1U Gondolin
2A Grey Havens
2F Harbour
2K Helms Deep
2P Henneth Annun
2U House of Healing
3A Isengard
3F Ithilien
3K Ivrin
3P Lake Town
3U Lamps
4A Lonely Mt
4F LothLorien
4K Maggot Farm
4P Minas Morgul
4U Minas Tirith
5A Mindolluin
5F Mirkwood
5K Misty Mts
5P Mithlond
5U Mordor
6A Moria
6F Moronde
6K Mt Gram
6P Nargothrond
6U Numenor
7A Ovir Hollow
7F Other
7K Pelargir
7P Prancing Poney
7U Rhosgobel
8A Rhudaur
8F Rivendell
8K Rohan
8P San giber
8U Sea
9A Shire
9F Silver Bowl
9K Tarmaeluin
9P Taur-nu-Fuin
AA Tol Falas
AF Valinor
AK Vinyamar
AP White Tower of Elwing

----------------------------------
The two J.R.R. Tolkien catagories I have I should be able to just number given how few there are and the Other catagory I reorganized(removing avatars from that folder which could go in Places or People) and should only have to arrange it by Heraldry, Ships, Animals and Other

Now I'm gona take a break cause my fingers and eyes kinda hurt []

[ 06-25-2004, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: Fingolfin of the Noldor ]

From: Worcester, MA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have an idea on how to tweak this a bit for ease of use. I'll give it to you after lunch, since I have to meet someone now.

I'd like to hear more detail on how you plan to name the "Other" catagory.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Fingolfin:
After seeing your extensive organizing, I decided to make a small change to the file structure.

A B C D E F - G.gif

A: Avatar Author
0 = Unknown or Misc, 1 = Fingolfin’s, 2 = fran’s, 3 = Future major avatar contributor

This is now only 1 character. I don’t think there will ever be a need for more than 10 of these slots.

B C D E F: Standard Numbering

For Fingolfin, this would mean:
B: Category
0 = Peoples, 1 = Places, 2 = Tolkien’s Art, 3 = Tolkien the man, 4 = Other

C D: Alphabetizing
Aragorn = AR, Minas Tirith = MI, etc. This should help greatly in easily managing your files without just dealing with a mess of meaningless numbers.

E F: Sub-organization
Usable numbers would be 00 - FF which should give MORE than enough room. I thought you might break it down a bit further so you can keep things in semi-alphabetical order once past the “C D” level.

A-F = 00 - 3F
G-M = 40 - 7F
N-S = 80 - BF
T-Z = C0 - FF

That gives 64 spots under each group, which should be ample.

If an example would help at this point, an Aragorn avatar would start at 10AR00-A.gif but an avatar of the Arkenstone would start at 10AR40-A.gif. Any alphabetizing beyond that would be too difficult.

- G: Duplicate Numbering
This is how we will group avatars that are deemed too similar to allow multiple people to have them. I feel - G should always be a letter, with -A as the default. 26 possible versions should be more than enough for any one image!

I have to stress that all avatars must have at least the default in place of -G. There are certain advantages to having all avatar filenames the same length that I want to exploit in the programming.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fran
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 959

With the thoughts I was having for my numbering system your new scheme actually has given me an excess of numerical values to fill. [] I've got 2, which is me, then 2 digits for cartgories then 3 digits left over that I'm not sure what to do with at the moment. hmm.

my brain is starting to hurt now

Dole - I was actually trying to include blue in there too but I was having dificulties with it why is why they ended up more gold/green. It kept either looking out of place with the gold tone of galadriel or just not looking very pretty.

I'll try a different approach tomorrow anyhow []

From: the dreaming | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

Fran: I see your as 2AABBB-C.gif with 2 as you, AA as your organization group, and BBB as numbering within that group.

For example, if Pippen's code was 08 then yours would go 208000-A.gif, 208001-A.gif, 208002-A.gif, etc. You may not ever get 1000 unique Pippen icons, but the space is there if you need it. Not too bad.

Fingolfin: I do worry about the boldness of your brand of organization. You have close to 700 avatars and the complexity of your plan makes it very hard to automate the re-naming process (even in part). You will quickly go bananas if you have to manually rename such a large number of files. Your plan is a good one and will work out great, but I hate to have you do such a large amount of manual labor. []

fran
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 959

Thanks WGW. I remember that conclusion now that you say it, just in the confusion of my mind I'd forgotten. I've had the thought that I might possibly use the last of the digits to represent the film the avatar comes from.

I'm not sure what kind of system you are putting in place, but if there is ever any kind of search this might be useful filteration. Plus it might be personally handy for me.

Right, off I go to refine my avatar numbering list. Again, thanks for the help.

Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Avatars - The Next Generation (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  36  37  38 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Open Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help