Minas Tirith Forums
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Avatars - The Next Generation (Page 38)
Author Topic: Avatars - The Next Generation
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed. Avatars bring much to the pseudonym. Ney IS Frodo. []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Dread Pirate Roberts
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2117
posted      Profile for The Dread Pirate Roberts   Email The Dread Pirate Roberts   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
We can get avatars here? [] [] [] []
From: Blacksburg, VA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
No.
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
So we can't use our own avatar and we can't get one assigned to us? Now I ask you: is that fair? [] Will we ever?
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Madomir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3084

posted      Profile for Madomir   Email Madomir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Indeed. Avatars bring much to the pseudonym.
Agreed. It kinda irks me that mine is movie related rather than book. I always wanted a good artists rendition of Boromir as an avi but just couldn't find one that I liked so i ended up with Sean Bean. Maybe someday I'll stumble upon one and join the folks waiting for an update. The whole avatar process seems like an awfully large job, no wonder WGW doesn't have time for it. I'm impressed he finds time to run this place at all. No way I could do it, between coaching, work, and squeezing in 4 hours a night on the Wii.. I'm swamped!! []
From: northern hemisphere-ish | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I know how you feel, Madomir. I was happy with the avatar I had of Urban as Éomer, but I was ecstatic when I found this painting of Éomer while scouring the net years ago. Fingolfin of the Noldor did a fantastic job making it suitable for avatarization, too.

I don't know why, but art avatars just feel more "authentic" than movie avatars, even though it was the movies that brought me here in the first place.

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Avatars - The Next Generation (Page 38)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Open Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help