Minas Tirith Forums
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  34  35  36  37  38 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Avatars - The Next Generation (Page 37)
Author Topic: Avatars - The Next Generation
Black Dragon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4422

posted      Profile for Black Dragon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Very good choice, Amárië. []
From: U.K | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maia Olorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2354
posted      Profile for Maia Olorin   Email Maia Olorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I finally have something suitable, which I use on another site:
 -

Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Dread Pirate Roberts
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2117
posted      Profile for The Dread Pirate Roberts   Email The Dread Pirate Roberts   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is that Edgar Winter?
From: Blacksburg, VA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maia Olorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2354
posted      Profile for Maia Olorin   Email Maia Olorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
erm....No. It's yo mama.
Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
At first I thought he was playing some kind of instrument
From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
He is; in fact I think you'll find he's just about to break into the rocky part of Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven.
[]

[ 07-24-2008, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: Athene ]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I bet Axel Rose will look something like this when he's old enough.

PS I do not recall Gandalf playing anything in the movie []

From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Photoshop is your friend.
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

Nope, never met someone called Photoshop []
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
But I thought Gimli was the one with the axe? []
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scientia Excelsa
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 7316
posted      Profile for Scientia Excelsa   Email Scientia Excelsa   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*groans* I knew it was coming, I KNEW it was coming!

Edit: The pun, I mean.

[ 08-21-2008, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: Scientia Excelsa ]

From: Michigan, USA | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, WGW, are you playing around with avatars? I swear that I don't remember that "Select Avatar" link in my profile. Is that new?
From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's been there for a while, just for viewing []
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed that about a week or so ago Thorin. and I contemplated clicking on it... out of curiosity. But I was afraid it might take away my avatar and I would be one of those avatarless freaks that are running around here... []
From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
[]

The profile link doesn't seem to do anything as far as I can tell. It appears to be the same as the Avatar Gallery up in the "About" section.

[ 11-23-2008, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: Thorin ]

From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"One of us! One of us!"
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I would be one of those avatarless freaks that are running around here...
You rang?
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering when someone was going to ask about that. I was trying to get the process more organized to where I knew exactly what is missing. Part of that led to the decision that the link could not remain where I had it.

I'm still hitting some of the same brick walls concerning security and finding what I need in the somewhat over-complicated UBB code.

Now I'm rebuilding my computer after a massive DVD dump-off and new install of Windows. A weird malware infection left my system jacked. I haven't had to re-install Windows in years, so it isn't that depressing.

Anyhoo, good catch.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It appears to be the same as the Avatar Gallery up in the "About" section.
Ah, that's the one that's been there for a while.
I hadn't noticed the new one. []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
As we know, the avatar field of our profiles is protected. I've wondered if there could be some way to allow each citizen to create their own link or if this is a code restriction of some sort.
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Miz Lobelia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1612

posted      Profile for Miz Lobelia   Email Miz Lobelia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
**pulls out umbrella* En garde, Sir!
From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The craziness that would ensue from opening that field up to editing would be mighty. Craziness would ensue mightily.
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

Please please never let people choose their own avatars! Things are so orderly and pretty as it is []

(though maybe handing the Avatar Controls to someone else would be a load off your back/mind?)

Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

quote:
The craziness that would ensue from opening that field up to editing would be mighty. Craziness would ensue mightily.
Then I'll look around your available list. We'll see. It's hard to make the choice.
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I love it that we keep our avatars in perpetuity here.

Other boards, where people can change their avatars on a whim, get me confused. I can't recognize people just by their screen names on a new board; it takes me a couple of months. Or years.

From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Avatars - The Next Generation (Page 37)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  34  35  36  37  38 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Open Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help