Minas Tirith Forums
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Avatars - The Next Generation (Page 36)
Author Topic: Avatars - The Next Generation
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I count myself as lucky that I got mine changed right before then and that I still like it.
Ditto. []
quote:
Just for fun, could anyone 'avatarize' this for me?
How're these?

-  -

Anyone else, feel free to give it a shot if they feel they can do better. I haven't made an avatar in ages. []

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Those don't look like quite the right dimensions... []

Or maybe it's just me?

From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Whoops! I thought I'd made them 100x60. Bah, hang on a sec.

EDIT: There we go. Hey, it was late when I did those. []

[ 04-25-2008, 03:18 AM: Message edited by: Éomer ]

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
When I see a pretty picture I always want to crop it...Let's take a closer look?

-

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh, I like yours, Ney! []

It's closer than Yomer's. []

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

Yes, that's definitely much better. For some reason I felt like I had to get all of Finrod's head, and with the limited height it wouldn't let me get in very close. Plus Ney's is much more detailed. Good job. []
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
 -

I'll chenge my request to this, then. []

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
But it's a jpg, not a gif, and the file size is too large ... []

Good cropping, though []

And such a lovely picture []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Danke danke []

ARG! I knew I was forgetting something. Hold on, I'll fix.

Is this better?
 -

I don't know how to change the file size...

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

Here you go. []

-

Yay, I redeemed myself! []

Feel free to save that to your own web account or something, since we don't know how long it'll be until people can finally get new avatars.

Grimwulf Stormspear
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5157
posted      Profile for Grimwulf Stormspear   Email Grimwulf Stormspear   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Here's one:

-

What do you think?

From: The central lake-lands of the Great Peninsula. | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LyraLuthien Tinuviel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5173

posted      Profile for LyraLuthien Tinuviel   Author's Homepage   Email LyraLuthien Tinuviel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
One what?

Picture that could be cropped to make a good avatar?

From: GreyHavens via Puget Sound | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Boss, I've been looking at one or two of the archive Avatars, and I wonder if it would be okay if I pinched one, not used by any active poster and used it on another site, okay? I'll take a no reply as a yes!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'll take a no reply as a yes!
I probably wouldn't do that. I've noticed over the years that no reply from WGW means a no. []
From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alatar the Wizard
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5315

posted      Profile for Alatar the Wizard   Author's Homepage   Email Alatar the Wizard   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nearly two years ago I left this site because I hadn't gotten an avatar after a long wait. I'm returning to try one last time. Here is my desired avatar.

-

[ 07-20-2008, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: Alatar the Blue ]

From: South Forodwaith | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
So, you left because you didn't get an avatar?
From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wow... that's pretty sad.
From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alatar the Wizard
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5315

posted      Profile for Alatar the Wizard   Author's Homepage   Email Alatar the Wizard   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Why sad? Call it consumer choice.

Anyway, I should perhaps add that the lack of an avatar was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. I was already annoyed by the incessant whining and negativity from a particular poster who shall remain nameless, who I heard was banned recently.

[ 07-20-2008, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Alatar the Blue ]

From: South Forodwaith | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
In my opinion... it's sad to write off a whole website on whether you get an avatar or not.

But by all means... go for it! []

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alatar the Wizard
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5315

Avatars add a great deal of value to a website for me, and there are plenty of other websites out there that offer them. But I'm giving this website another chance because I'm friends with a poster here.
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

Hope you stay. I was a member of these boards for quite awhile before ANYONE had avatars.

Don't hold your breath about getting them. The Steward is a Daddy now []

Grimwulf Stormspear
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5157
posted      Profile for Grimwulf Stormspear   Email Grimwulf Stormspear   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think the Steward needs a steward. [] Or castellan or justiciar or chancellor. []
From: The central lake-lands of the Great Peninsula. | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
One day, the avatars will be as plentiful as sunshine.

Until then, get thee a grip. []

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Dread Pirate Roberts
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2117
posted      Profile for The Dread Pirate Roberts   Email The Dread Pirate Roberts   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What 'Ring' must we destroy in order to usher in this new golden age of avatars?
From: Blacksburg, VA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That is such a leading question DPR! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Avatars - The Next Generation (Page 36)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Open Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help