Minas Tirith Forums
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  36  37  38 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Avatars - The Next Generation (Page 3)
Author Topic: Avatars - The Next Generation
Katrina
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4377

posted      Profile for Katrina   Email Katrina   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If this one isn't taken I'd like it.
 -

[ 06-23-2004, 04:46 PM: Message edited by: Katrina ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
'All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.'
- Edmund Burke

From: Fike Nation | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You're supposed to check for yourself if it's taken HERE. It's taken.
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Bah! I saved Aika's avatar to my own space but now it won't show up.

So much for be trying to be helpful. []

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iris Brandybuck
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4341

posted      Profile for Iris Brandybuck   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
 -

I checked, and it's not taken, so here is my request for me again...

From: on the runway. | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mavis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4652
posted      Profile for Mavis   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I cannot figure out how to post a picture for the life of me, I'm computer illiterate and they all conspire against me, so if anyone feels like being a pal and posting my request for me it would be much appreciated.

My request is Gandalf and Eagle #2 from Fingolfin's page, near the bottom in the People section.

Thanks in advance!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

From: Stuck in a mental mire | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eöl i Moriquendë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4026
posted      Profile for Eöl i Moriquendë   Author's Homepage   Email Eöl i Moriquendë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
'Mavis, Citizen # 4652 has requested the following Avatar.'

-

Edit- 'Just a quick Question,'

'Has this Avatar been Requested at all? When I clicked to enter this Thread and started to read through WGW's post and it came to the E.G. of this Avatar I was in love at first sight.'

-

-Dark/Elf
[] [] []

[ 06-23-2004, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: Eöl i Moriquendë ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
'~Formerly: Nolofinwë~ (Ex- Member) \{^v^^v^}/
When you were born, you were crying and everyone else was smiling. Live so that when you die, you're smiling and everyone else is crying.

From: Havens of Pelagir | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Estel the Ranger
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4576

posted      Profile for Estel the Ranger   Author's Homepage   Email Estel the Ranger   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey gee im really sorry about the Similarity in avatars i must of missed it, my stupidety must have got the better of me! but i found another one!

-

but minus the address on the bottom!
and just the head part
(sorry about posting the address at the bottom i couldnt get rid of it)

[ 06-23-2004, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: The Ranger ]

From: jasper TX via melbourne VIC Australia. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elros
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4259
posted      Profile for Elros   Author's Homepage   Email Elros   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The citizen Rey Archangel has posted twice. If at all possible, can I have their avatar?

-

If not, is there an avatar out there, (untaken of course) that is Numenor prior to the fall?

E- If I cannot have the avatar above, I will either of these:

-

OR

-

[ 06-24-2004, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Elros ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I don't need your civil war
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor
Your power hungry sellin' soldiers
In a human grocery store
Ain't that fresh
I don't need your civil war

From: OBX NC | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Baggins of the Shire
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4324
posted      Profile for Lady Baggins of the Shire   Author's Homepage   Email Lady Baggins of the Shire   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Lady Baggins, that avatar is currently taken by Morwen citizen 1625.
You should try looking through the gallery before posting

I would but the gallery doesn't show up on my computer, so I have to guess and hope it isn't taken. Thanks though!
From: Near the shores of the Grey Havens | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hylian Hero
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4210
posted      Profile for Hylian Hero   Email Hylian Hero   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Does it not show up, or do you not know how to get there?

[] Hylian Hero []

From: Windy City | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iris Brandybuck
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4341

posted      Profile for Iris Brandybuck   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sis, ask me and I can check the gallery for you. KK?
From: on the runway. | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katrina
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4377

posted      Profile for Katrina   Email Katrina   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Because I am stupid and cannot seem to get this image, I request Tower of Elwing #2 from Fingolfin of the Noldor's Avatar Pages: Place Avatars.

Thank you.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
'All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.'
- Edmund Burke

From: Fike Nation | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Maiden
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4389

posted      Profile for White Maiden   Email White Maiden   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Here is my avatar request-
 -
It is finally just the way I want it, so thank-you Fran []
Here is the original image

[ 06-25-2004, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: White Maiden ]

From: New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erinti
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3470

posted      Profile for Erinti   Email Erinti   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still requesting this one:

-

From: Somewhere out there | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celoriand Elwëdhrim
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4563
posted      Profile for Celoriand Elwëdhrim   Author's Homepage   Email Celoriand Elwëdhrim   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Maerbenn, yeah, I know what it is....I know the following statement is anti-purist(I consider myself one for the most part), but I like it because it's pretty.

And besides, it's only a draft. It was never official, so technically it doesn't matter. IMHO, anyways. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Son of Olwë & Prince of Alqualondë

From: Tampa, Fl | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anoren Anarinwa
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2435

posted      Profile for Anoren Anarinwa   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Katrina, citizen #4377, requests this avatar:  -
Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altarial
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1103

posted      Profile for Altarial   Email Altarial   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Re-requesting this avatar from waaaay back.

Once again, when you have the time. []

-

From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mavis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4652
posted      Profile for Mavis   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for doing that for me, Dark Elf

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

From: Stuck in a mental mire | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anoren Anarinwa
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2435

posted      Profile for Anoren Anarinwa   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The Ranger, I did some experimenting, if you like any of these:

-

-

Now on this one I messed with the colors a bit, it seems a bit bland to me like it is, or something. If you like this view but one the original colors, I can do that as well.

-

Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Fingolfin of the Noldor
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 156

posted      Profile for Fingolfin of the Noldor   Author's Homepage   Email Fingolfin of the Noldor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
WGW and Fran, I agree I like the first coding system the best utilizing 2 digits for char-ids as the automatic organizing would be quite useful. I should take some time to get through though (as I can't really see there not being a large manual component given the structures employed at the moment) but I don't think it should be too much of a problem. As for spaces between the 2-digit tags I'm not really sure about that (given the shere # of combinations; eg: Aragorn & Gimli; Aragorn & Gimli & Legolas; Legolas & Gimli; Gimli & Frodo; Legolas & Frodo; etc.) - for me at least - I was thinking maybe I could just go with the id of the char I perceive to be the primary focus...
From: Worcester, MA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fran
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 959

posted      Profile for fran   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'd thought about going with the main character focus aspect too. In some avatars I think that would be clear, in others it might be more fuggy.

However I had the thought last night maybe I could go with something like a number not for specific pairs, but more for groups. like '13' could be '2 people' and '14' 'more than two people'. That might be a little abstract however. Maybe it'd be better to have groupings that most frequently occur such as 'frodo/sam/gollum', 'aragorn/arwen', 'three hunters' etc. with a standby number for 'anyother groupings'.

So the 'frodo/sam/gollum' group doesn't have to strictly mean that all three have to appear in each icon, but a combination of that grouping. This would proably cover a large portion of icons that I might make in the two towers -> rotk bracket.

Just some idea's I'd had so that we wouldn't have an endless list of possible pairings, then trio's and so on.

From: the dreaming | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faramir Took
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3268

posted      Profile for Faramir Took   Email Faramir Took   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
But what would you do with an Aragorn and Arwen avatar? They are both the focus in most of them.
From: Joisey | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I would stick with groupings that already exist in avatars and are difficult to categorize as one character or the other. There are several "Aragorn and Arwen" avatars, but I don't recall a "Legolas and Frodo" one and I can't imagine there ever would be.

Fran has some good ideas for creative groupings. Still, I too feel that a "2 people" or "3+ people" category would be too vague.

Fingolfin also has a point, in that sometimes an avatar can be classified a one character’s even though there may be more visible in the frame. There are a few that come to mind with Bilbo (131, 144, 145). The last one shows Frodo hugging Bilbo, but they clearly all belong together under Bilbo’s avatars. There are many other cases like this where giving the avatar to the obvious character precludes the need for a new grouping.

We should just start grouping them and only look at the ones that are difficult to classify. At almost 600 avatars, I would imagine you would have examples of all the problem cases you are ever going to have. Let's not try to cover all possible bases, per se. Let’s just cover what we have now.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Estel the Ranger
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4576

posted      Profile for Estel the Ranger   Author's Homepage   Email Estel the Ranger   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
thankyou Anoren Anarinwa! thats great!
i like the very bottom one the colours look
good!

From: jasper TX via melbourne VIC Australia. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fran
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 959

posted      Profile for fran   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
WGW - yes, I agree that '2 people' etc is too vauge, hence my thought of more commonly occuring groupings. It's true that not many Frodo/Legolas avatars would appear so they would all probably come in a 'Fellowship members' category. So not all members need be in the avatar, but it covers all the misc fellowship avatars.

Anyhow, I'll send you a propsed list soon.

White Maiden - no problem, it seems to be often that people use the 1st one those chose orginally anyhow []

The Ranger - I've done 2 avatars with the image you linked too which has the kind of spotlight effect over it, and done 2 from the orgional image. I prefer it when you can see more of the image, but see what you like

-

-

-

-

Dole - I've done a few more samples for you. I just went a bit random and tried various things, so if you like any of these but want some wee change I can't guarentee I'll be able to perfectly replicate the steps I used to make these.

-

-

-

Do you think I should repost that big avatar update I did in the old thread here for the people who might not have seen?

From: the dreaming | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Avatars - The Next Generation (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  36  37  38 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Open Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help