Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » PTP (Pruning the Pony) (Page 6)
Author Topic: PTP (Pruning the Pony)
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What Deraj threads? Refresh my parched memory...
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hidalgo
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1083
posted      Profile for Hidalgo   Edit/Delete Post 
*Throws a bucketful of water at Neytari's parched memory*. *Holds the bucket, though, so it doesn't hurt her*.
From: Madrid - Spain | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The Passion thread and the Matrix Sex0rs thread.
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*is now soggy*

*is now enlightened....no thanks to Horsey...*

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arisimi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4131
posted      Profile for Arisimi   Email Arisimi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Neytari,

Being soggy and enlightened....won't you get a bad electrical shock that way? []

[] Sorry, just HAD to say it.......I'll go now. []

From: Never-Never Land | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anoren Anarinwa
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2435

posted      Profile for Anoren Anarinwa   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I went through all of the threads I started. I am happy to delete all of them if none of them are objected to being so.

Howard Shore Concert Tickets; moved topic

Getting to know you: Questions

What color are you?

Idiotic Negative Film Review You know what, I had forgotten completely about this. It's really scary to prune the Pony and see some of your old posts! []

Couples Ack!

Have you got what it take?

Happy Birthday, BC!

What's Your Favorite Animated Disney Movie?

Harry Potter Poll

Happy Birthday, Altarial!

As for all of the Avatar Awards, they can all be deleted if no one wants to know the past winners. I can keep a record perhaps on my computer, though with our computer there is no telling how long it would last. I can create one thread noting them all, but that might defeat the purpose of deleted the threads in the first place.

1st noms

1st poll 1

1st poll 2

1st final

1st ceremony

2nd noms

2nd poll 1

2nd poll 2

2nd final round

edit: typo

[ 06-12-2004, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: Anoren Anarinwa ]

Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Why don't you keep the ceremony thread of the first Award and the final round of the second (or make a ceremony for that as well)?

They could stay and the other Avatar Awards be deleted.

[ 06-12-2004, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: Varnafindë aka Barufiniel ]

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

I like the Disney one [] Can we keep it and the HP poll? They are enlightening too []

[ 06-12-2004, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Neytari Took-Baggins ]

Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

posted      Profile for Lostfiniel   Email Lostfiniel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering....what about updating the archive and sending some threads in there?
From: Carlsbad, California | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I do it from time to time, but now that I have ample webserver space, there is no need to break the Pony into two sections. In fact, I wish I could get rid of the Archive and move things back into the Pony.

Anyway, the purpose of this was to get rid of the really big and really useless threads. It wouldn't do much good to move them off and store them forever.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've deleted the closed Golden Newt thread. And I'm going through the Pony deleting old threads - but it's a long job because I get distracted into reading threads that were long-forgotten!

edit: Lol, I haven't - it was the previous Newt I deleted! But the closed one can be deleted, WGW. It's not serving any useful purpose as far as I can see.

[ 07-11-2004, 02:47 AM: Message edited by: Sauron's Secret Agent ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Queen of Grammar with King Marcho.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I believe you can still delete closed threads if you created the topic.
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I did try, WGW, but got a message saying only admin and mods could perform that function. That's why I posted here.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Queen of Grammar with King Marcho.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.

Estella Brandybuck
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1819

posted      Profile for Estella Brandybuck   Email Estella Brandybuck   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I was told about this thread by a friend who posts here far more regularly than I am able to at present.

I would request that the two threads of mine that are listed here be saved. The game should have been carried on in my absence, but I'm guessing that a new thread was created out of laziness. As for my inn, I was hoping to bump it when I returned to the board during the summer, as that's when I have the most time available to post.

Neither is particularly long, and I would be very grateful if they were left. Thank you. []

~ Estella Brandybuck
(Soon to return)

From: The Shire | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The DarkQueen Iauraearien
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2041

posted      Profile for The DarkQueen Iauraearien   Author's Homepage   Email The DarkQueen Iauraearien   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] E-e-e-eh-wah?!

The DTI?! [] Some good comes of following people you used to post with...

The Dark Tower Inn's trying to live, can it stay? []

[ 07-11-2004, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: The DarkQueen Iauraearien ]

From: Mordor | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

I don't plan on deleting anything else for a long while. I did what I set out to do and trimmed over 20000 unneeded posts.

Sauron's Secret Agent: Citizens can never use the admin options buttons because they are, well, admin options. If a citizen wants to delete a thread of his/her own creation, simply edit the first post and check the box near the top that says " Delete Post? Note: deleting this first post will result in the deletion of the entire topic.".

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

Sorry, WGW, but I just tried again. I went to "edit" on the first post, and tried to delete, but the same message still came up. Guess it's your shout. []
Viscount Værtalion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3122

posted      Profile for Viscount Værtalion   Author's Homepage   Email Viscount Værtalion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*just read the first page, and saw the crimes he comitted*
i really should have deleted those myself []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Fool, prate not to me about covenants.
There can be no covenants between men and lions,
wolves and lambs can never be of one mind, but
hate each other out and out and through.

From: Serapion | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting thread I've just been reading! Just goes to show, this is not a problem anymore. Kind of makes me wonder what the ideal balance is between having somewhere too busy or too quiet!
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » PTP (Pruning the Pony) (Page 6)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help