Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » PTP (Pruning the Pony) (Page 4)
Author Topic: PTP (Pruning the Pony)
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Aikanáro: Nice search tip! []
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Baggins of the Shire
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4324
posted      Profile for Lady Baggins of the Shire   Author's Homepage   Email Lady Baggins of the Shire   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
WGW, I would like to let you know if you haven't ben informed already by Iris, but the Japanese Garden was deleted from the pony as it was wished, and it was moved to the Floating Log, where people suggested it to go.
From: Near the shores of the Grey Havens | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anoren Anarinwa
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2435

posted      Profile for Anoren Anarinwa   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I deleted a two threads I created (one that said I was taking a break from MT and the other one said that I was back [] )

Should I delete all of the past Avatar Awards? There should be several threads; 7 or 8 I would think.

edit: Grammar, or lack of.

[ 06-02-2004, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Anoren Anarinwa ]

Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neff
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1673

posted      Profile for Neff   Author's Homepage   Email Neff   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
WGW:
I'm sorry, I never realized the Vampire thread got that big, I've been away for a while.
If someone could tell me how to save it, or maybe Neytari wanted to save it since I basicaly gave her that thread. Anyway, I'll delete it once someone else that posts there speaks up about what they want to do.

[ 06-02-2004, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: Neffelathiel ]

From: I give up....Los Angeles | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just went through all my threads I've ever started in the Pony and deleted all but two (which I'll probably delete later tonight or tomorrow).
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elros
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4259
posted      Profile for Elros   Author's Homepage   Email Elros   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Elrond VS Elros has been deleted. It had absolutely no value at all whatsoever. []

[ 06-02-2004, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: Elros ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I don't need your civil war
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor
Your power hungry sellin' soldiers
In a human grocery store
Ain't that fresh
I don't need your civil war

From: OBX NC | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eleanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2536

posted      Profile for Eleanor Gamgee   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I started Battle of the Pics! but after it reached 1000 posts I started Round Two.

Go ahead and delete the first Battle of the Pics (the 1001 posts thread), since it's over and done anyway.

From: St. Louis... well, close enough. | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have it saved, Neff. To save it you go to the Print option, then select "File", "Save AS" ect. It's always worked for me *shrugs*. I think you can safely delete it cause it was made clear that next time the Pony needs a diet it's going.

[ 06-02-2004, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: Neytari Took-Baggins ]

From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talan
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2413

posted      Profile for Talan   Email Talan   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've saved and baleeted about 6 or 7 of my old threads, and I'll get to a few more later. Some of them I think I'll leave around, just for old time's sake. Looking back, some of them were rather good. I'd even like to revive a couple of them. For the most part, though, I think they're better off on my hard drive than clogging WGW's.
From: Austin, TX. Home of awesome. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I wish people wouldn't just delete their threads willy nilly. The ones in this thread have been selected for their size to worthlessness ratio. It would be good if we could stick to these or else nominate any that they feel like deleting so we can all have a say on their survival.

When people say they went and deleted all the threads they ever created, I worry. It's not like I'm trying to save space to survive here. I am good on webspace. I just thought some of the REALLY big threads could either be restarted or removed.

There have been many topics on responsible deleting practices. In a nutshell, don't delete anything that may mean something to someone. Chat threads are usually a good candidate to get axed, but certain ones should be preserved. They are worth more than the relatively small amount of space I'd save.

So go ahead an nominate, but don't delete unless you are 100% sure it is safe to do so.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, don't worry about it, WGW. Pretty much all of the threads that I deleted hadn't seen any posts in months or even years, and they really had no lasting value anyway, so there was no point in keeping them up.
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
One man's trash is another man's treasure. It wouldn't kill you to post the links in here for a day or even a few hours before axing []
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

Too late. []
Elanor Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3219

posted      Profile for Elanor Gamgee   Email Elanor Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My Elanor goes west thread can certainly be deleted, it's long-since served its purpose!

Actually I owe Singy an apology-when I checked out the thread I realised I hadn't replied to his last post!

[ 06-03-2004, 05:52 AM: Message edited by: Elanor Gamgee ]

From: Moscow | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still waiting!

[]

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I haven’t created many Pony threads that don’t get recycled. Of the few non-K&K threads I’ve made, none of them are any longer than 5 pages. I’ve only deleted one poll and a quiz thread since this ‘campaign’ began. There are a couple of threads that I think would be good to archive; and some birthday threads for citizens who haven’t been here in a long time. I’d rather make sure they give me permission to delete their memories, before I do so.
From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Marcho Blackwood - MSS
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 270

posted      Profile for Marcho Blackwood - MSS   Email Marcho Blackwood - MSS   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have deleted any thread in the Pony that I have started in the last year. They weren't very big, few of them were over a couple of pages, but every little bit helps!

One thing that I also noticed was the number of threads started by White Chylde Welder. None of them seem to be very popular and that could clean up several pages of threads. And he/she hasn't been here recently.

From: Bindbale, North Farthing | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
WCW (not the wresteling organization) has been active on here just today, actually.
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
...their size to worthlessness ratio...
What a concept! I love it! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Middle Earth Angling Guide

Artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Keona
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1518

posted      Profile for Princess Keona   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I was a good girl and I re-started my Order of the Llama thread. lol! I'll keep re-starting it whenever it gets too long. Promise.
-Keo

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Thus I live in the world rather as a spectator of mankind than as one of the species.

A sacrifice a day keeps Jesus away!

...the Mace of Keo shall strike down the nefarious Suitors of Iniquity!!! ~ Müs

From: Rivendell | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Why the "Forest Paradise"? It's only 4 pages long
From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The Toilet Bowl Inn is just asking to be flushed.
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hylian Hero
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4210
posted      Profile for Hylian Hero   Email Hylian Hero   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Why the "Forest Paradise"? It's only 4 pages long
Because

1) Its a stupid Idea
2) It has No worth and Nothing Really Happened in it except people begging for it to be deleted
3) hardly anyone, save you, will miss it

From: Windy City | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

posted      Profile for Lostfiniel   Email Lostfiniel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nobody has mentioned it but the Create a nation thread could be re-started. I can't do it now but tonight I'll go through it, update it, save all the important information and include it in the first post of the next thread.

I don't see how anyone could object to that but if you do have something to say I'll be waiting untill much later tonight before I do anything.

From: Carlsbad, California | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
HH I never posted in there and I have no idea what's about. I only pointed out that it doesn't take up any room. I actualy never read the thread, so before you start being smart, think twice...

[] Dahhhhh

From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » PTP (Pruning the Pony) (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help