Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » PTP (Pruning the Pony) (Page 2)
Author Topic: PTP (Pruning the Pony)
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey that last post is a pinnacle of relational wisdom! []
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
person above you part freakin' long
This is very useless. At the very least, it NEEDS to be restarted. But really I don't see why it should stay.

what I imagine you to look like - as funny and entertaining as this is, with 44 pages, it needs to be restarted, but the creator hasn't been around much so I don't know what to say.

From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Of course, this is not for me to decide, and I will have to accept your decision, but might I object to the deletion (I know it's just nominated) of the Girls = Meat thread and the Debatable Inn? The first provides some vivid and well-researched discussion of an interesting and important topic, I'd consider the second one of the best threads ever existing in Minas Tirith. Let it sink into the archive, but the thoughts and discussions presented there helped to shape the ideas of many members here, it also got into some very complex issues.
I know we have to remodel the City from time to time, and some of the buildings are really useless and just too big - but why would anyone want to tear down wonderful, ancient cathedrals?

If you decide to delete those, please give us a fair time of warning.

[ 05-27-2004, 03:27 AM: Message edited by: Belegurth ]

From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have both saved, Bele [] So there is a fall-back if they get deleted with little warning.
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you very much []
From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Actually, a brutally efficient method would be to turn the Pony over to Thorin for about an hour.
[]

This is a good idea WGW. I think we should have semi-regular Pony cleaning parties. We just do it rather haphazardly every so often now. I'll be back for my nominees later.

From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

posted      Profile for ZENITH   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*bows*

"Anything for the good of the city"

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
The one and only ZENCHEN™
Citzen #88 according to the oldbies
Oh that reminds me Zen, YOU ROCK man! - Whyte Chyld Wyelder
...shooting newbies is like smoking pot, its technically illegal, but everyone does it anyway-OSSY *Drools at Avatar*
And I figure if Zen doesn't know it, it's probably not WORTH knowing... - Cloudstrife
Zillionaire Exchanging Naughty, Intense, Thrilling Hugs
The Most Crazy CitiZEN

From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Belegurth: As I said, if anyone comes up with a good reason for keeping any thread, consider it saved. I'll note the first post that these are to be saved.

Everyone: BTW, I've been updating the first post, so check there for the most current list and decisions.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Woohoo, almost 20,000! []

I went through the entire Pony looking specifically for threads that I had started and I could delete, but the only one of any size was the "Final Chat Room" thread, and I have no idea if people still use it []

I'm sure I have a million more in the Pony Archives... do those need a cleaning as well? []

From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faramir Took
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3268

posted      Profile for Faramir Took   Email Faramir Took   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I can restart Cheers if you'd like....
From: Joisey | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
GtW: I wouldn't worry about the Pony Archive just yet.

All: Maybe we should come up with a general rule for how big a 'restartable' thread should get before it is restarted.

500 posts? 1000? Maybe it could be the decision of the Thread Master to choose, but they should put this number in the first post and try their best to stick to it.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faramir Took
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3268

posted      Profile for Faramir Took   Email Faramir Took   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers is restarted, lost about 800 postes there.
From: Joisey | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor EowynatHeart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3437

posted      Profile for EowynatHeart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
WGW, I put that rule on all of my threads from now on.

Once it gets to 900 I will restart. I just restarted the Girls Room, the old one was up to 990.

From: Wait! The map was upside down!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miranthridel Bloom
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3050

posted      Profile for Miranthridel Bloom   Author's Homepage   Email Miranthridel Bloom   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Maybe we should come up with a general rule for how big a 'restartable' thread should get before it is restarted.
Perhpas a new law of "Once a thread reaches ___ pages, it must/will be deleted." is in order? I actually thought that was a rule when I first got here, becuase most inns and threads were deleted/restarted after 40 pages or so. []

[ 05-27-2004, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: Miranthridel Bloom ]

From: HMAS Fire & Ice, Miranistan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

Thank you very much, WGW.

*bows long and deep*

Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
In Pony:

Pipesmoke Inn

Italiano Inn

Some old inn with a long name I don’t feel like copying

Interview with the vampire

Old “Outlaws” that Nash forgot to delete

Name that quote

Grassy Knoll Bar or Inn or something like that

Another “Outlaws” that Nash forgot to delete

This or That

In Log:
Newbie Safe Haven Inn

Some elvish language Inn

The infamous monster Newbie Chocolate House

Another old elvish language Inn that was never deleted

Another one of those “relationship games” that was all the rage for a while

Someone’s Inn who doesn’t come here anymore

Another monster Newbie Chocolate House that was never deleted

From Perch:
Silver Newt

Closed Golden Newt

Morgoth’s Den of Sin

Closed Girl’s Room

From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Talan
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2413

posted      Profile for Talan   Email Talan   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, the Pipesmoke. I always enjoyed it, but alas, it was never too popular. I'll save and delete it later.

[ 05-27-2004, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: Talan ]

From: Austin, TX. Home of awesome. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

Pipesmoke Inn was moved to the Green Dragon. []
BTW, if anyone restarts their thread, let me know so I can update the first post here.

Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I deleted my old House of Wisdom (that I hadn't touched in ages) and replaced it with The Ministry of Wisdom Distribution. I'll be sure to restart it as necessary.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I win!

From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nash Rómerandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2903

posted      Profile for Nash Rómerandir   Author's Homepage   Email Nash Rómerandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've deleted Outlaws 15 and 16 (which were already saved to the geocities outlaws site)

However #17 and 18 haven't been saved yet... Will do asap []

EDIT: done with #18... I have a problem with #17, it doesn't upload properly... [] Well, I'll try again later, might be geocities which's got issues... I'll leave the thread here as back-up until I succeed in uploading it to geocities []

[ 05-27-2004, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Nash Rómerandir ]

From: Cuiviénen (well, people call this place France) | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor The Woodwose
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3503

posted      Profile for The Woodwose   Email The Woodwose   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The original riddle game reived (400+)

The Grassy Gnoll Bar & Grill (II) (about 500)

The "Deflated" House of Joy (500+)

These threads are old and have no purpose.

From: I'm a wose darn it! I live in the WOODS!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guinevere
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1141

posted      Profile for Guinevere   Author's Homepage   Email Guinevere   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Shirtless standards Old thread about why men like no shirts. Almost like "Girls = Meat" except much less serious. (321)

Questions for Christians-2 (369)
Politics and Relgious poll (355)
Religion Poll (274) I have nothing against religion based threads, but how many do we need...?

Matrix thread (274)

Rant on The Matrix thread (316)

Reconstruction (307)

Okay TORCers (286)

Tribunate of Merethrond Most likely saved [] (395)

Name That face (454)

La french poll (271)

Women! (275)
So it is now up to all of you to decide what you want to stay.
-Guin

From: California, where else? | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Aranel Charis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2061

posted      Profile for Aranel Charis   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Don't delete the Tribunate of Merethrond please!
From: Leeds | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eulalia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2417

posted      Profile for Eulalia   Author's Homepage   Email Eulalia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
How about all the closed threads?
From: kansas city, mo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] DON'T DELETE TRIBUNATE OF MERETHROND [] - that thread was pure brilliance.
From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » PTP (Pruning the Pony) (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help