Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » The Official "MT is going downhill" Thread (Page 25)
Author Topic: The Official "MT is going downhill" Thread
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
SSA it was good of you to delete your original post to me. I will prefer seeing it as a strong reaction of a passionate person than a hutfull one.
If I insulted you, I am very sorry it wasn't among my intentions but at some point we need to realise that this is getting more and more pointless.

WT .... I'd answer if I could.

From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Amazing... no "I have connections" post.

Hmmm, an indication that things are starting to go uphill? []

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It was deleted!

I'll PM it to you. It was quite good. []

Rebel Thug - thank you.

Arien - yes, you're right of course. The Pointless Forest, so to speak. I'll try to stay on shore from now on.

[ 06-03-2005, 06:14 AM: Message edited by: Wandering Tuor ]

From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh*
From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
"Yeah, you're a legend in you own mind."
-Harry Calahan

quote:
Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted 06-02-2005 08:18 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Didn't really expect an answer from Snow-schmuck, and didn't get one.

[ 06-03-2005, 07:42 AM: Message edited by: Wandering Tuor ]

So you have to resort to calling names? I see. A perfect example of what Belegurth means when he says this:
quote:
Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted 06-02-2005 11:33 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WT, nevermind. Some members do not like to answer serious, specified question and just rely on the old "you don't get my point, imbocile"-tactics, which makes them superior to you. To be precise, it's a superiority on the internet, so you should really be impressed.

This is quite funny really. Unlike you WT, I don't live and breath this place 24/7, so when I leave work, chances are I will not see your post or PM until I get back to work, and only then if I have the time to get on the internet, and only then if I decide to visit Minas Tirith. Then, I have to decide if I wish to even bother with the effort of replying to you [] . You should get out more. There is a big world out there. []

The point was simple... that you like to mention SSA alot in your posts and your carrying on here so. Thats it. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

Middle Earth Angling Guide

Artwork by Jonathon Earl Bowser

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Snowman of Forochel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like Snowdoggie gets the last laugh.

Let's hope this is the end of the ugliness.

From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Definitely! Because, you know, by claiming someone who has a high-qualified job and leads a fulfilled life (from what I gather) is an internet addict makes you win a debate.

Maybe we can turn this into a TV-debate-duel kind of thing. We'll have two debators, and in the end, the one with the most baseless accusations will have the last laugh - just as always []

From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

posted      Profile for Snowman of Forochel   Author's Homepage   Email Snowman of Forochel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like Jerry Springer type entertainment to me.

Let's do it! []

edit: The accusations aren't totally baseless. Let's leave it at that.

[ 06-03-2005, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: Snow Wizard ]

From: New Orleans | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking along the lines of the debates held in preparation for the Presidential election []

As for the topic at hand - of course there are people here who don't like each other. I dislike a handful of people here as well, because they are (from my perspective) either unnerving, idiots or hold political views with which I strongly disagree (to an extent that it becomes a hard to personally like them, but that always mixes with other factors). Now, I don't see what is wrong with WT quoting SSA's posts (which he does, but what's the point?) - I'll give you that it is pretty obvious the two aren't in love, but I do not recall WT insulting SSA in an unacceptable manner (if at all, I recall comments the other way round which lacked politeness), and after all, it's an internet message board [] . It's just not worth the attention, really: Deal with it. If someone dislikes you (maybe for good, maybe for not so good reasons, I'm not judging that here), don't carry it home with you to cry about a stranger who may or may not have called you names in a virtual space. If things get out of control, there is WGW to handle the situation. I don't think it's anywhere near that. If MT's so bad for your mental health (I say that without wanting anyone to leave), you better leave for a while to regain some self esteem. Sheesh.

What it comes down to is this: especially in this case, attacks do not come out of nowhere. If you can't deal with fire, you probably shouldn't play with it.

*has always wanted to use that phrase* []

[ 06-03-2005, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: Belegurth ]

From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Bele:
quote:
If you want a personal fight, Silm, I offer to be your arch enemy
Hmm... I think that'll be tough:

1. We like the same music []

2. I'm not English

3. You're not French

[] []

But I'm willing to give it a try. Here goes:

*burnishes mithril armor*
*checks flowing locks*
*ahem*
"Begone, foul chattel of Morgoth! Follow your Dark Lord to the fate that awaits you! The Endless Void is where your kind forever belongs, you jerkface poopy-head..."

[]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Vëarenen ilnutin nardar."

From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

[] []

Yes, I know, it will be hard for us to really hate each other. But we are professionals. []

Oh, Elbenfürst, king of a bunch of bread-that-is-covered-by-leaves-eaters (which goes against all regulations regarding the prevention of food poisoning, you anarchist!), you are not worth the fiery spit that I spew out while talking to you because I don't have my mouth and tongue under control... where was I?... anyway, your nation is doomed to decay, and your heritage, Oh Imbocile, will be turned into an exhibition in a museum... in an Orc museum! Haha! How's that for a humiliation? Orcs don't visit museums, so noone's going to pay attention to your retarded house of crap, you useless shield-surfing poser-elf, you immortal sack of inferiority complexes, you fair-haired Hollywood attention-whore! []

You're in for a beer after the show? []

[ 06-03-2005, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Belegurth ]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2150

Belly - Your post was so contradictory, it borders on insanity. You talk as if the board means nothing, yet you just admitted to disliking people who disagree with your political beliefs. You speak of WT's picking on SSA as if it's nothing, but you're not in SSA's shoes. You pounce on Snowdog for claiming to have a full life and not be bothered by message boards, yet you do the same. Face it, things matter here or you wouldn't be posting in this thread right now butting in on business that isn't yours. I didn't want to get into this, but you had to go and elaborate further on your original post. What it boils down to is that you're on WT's side, and it shows. Snowdog's on SSA's side, and it shows. This place is full of cliques, and you're in one wheter you like it or not. Just leave SSA alone. Let her be. This is, after all, just another message board.

Oh, and just for your info, I do like you, no matter what your political beliefs, or whether or not you like me. I like just about everybody on here except for The Witch-King of Angmar. He's just too damn superior and obnoxious. Hey it's just a message board, so you might as well let it be known who you like or don't like. Right?

Gotta go now. My son is playing baseball, and I'm going to cheer him on. Take care!

[ 06-03-2005, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: Snow Wizard ]

Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

All right, first off, though I do not like your opinions most of the time, I like you as a person, Snowy.

quote:
You talk as if the board means nothing, yet you just admitted to disliking people who disagree with your political beliefs
Clarification: I like some people here so much that I deeply care about them - however, as for the persons I dislike, I mean to say that I don't take my issues with them out in my real life, it doesn't affect me what one poster says here. Something negative that happens here doesn't really harm me. When something positive happens, as gaining experience, finding funny things and interesting people, I try to benefit from it and to let others benefit from me, that goes to friendship. That's what's so great about the internet: accept the positive sides, and laugh about the people who are trying to insult you. Remember, most users on the internet will die at the age of 40 because they lack of sports and healthy nutrition []

quote:
You speak of WT's picking on SSA as if it's nothing, but you're not in SSA's shoes
All I'm saying is that she's not innocent here. Some comments by her about lawyers - in which she implied she thought about WT, thinly disguised - have been pretty obscure, to put it mildly. As I said, if you can't deal with a person, put him on the ignore list or something. Don't take problems from here to your real life - gather the positive sides, and log off when things begin to unnerve you (which doesn't mean you shouldn't debate and argue, but... before it emotionally hurts you, take a week off).

quote:
You pounce on Snowdog for claiming to have a full life and not be bothered by message boards, yet you do the same
I didn't do that. I criticized him for claiming WT has no life, which is a complete no-brainer argument.

quote:
Face it, things matter here or you wouldn't be posting in this thread right now butting in on business that isn't yours. I didn't want to get into this, but you had to go and elaborate further on your original post. What it boils down to is that you're on WT's side, and it shows. Snowdog's on SSA's side, and it shows. This place is full of cliques, and you're in one wheter you like it or not. Just leave SSA alone. Let her be. This is, after all, just another message board.
As I said, I don't want anyone to leave, including SSA. I may not agree with her on many things, and we probably wouldn't have much to do with each other in real life, but I certainly don't hate her. I'm just saying that it appears to me as if she's exaggerating things when it suits her, and that's not ok in my eyes. And if it really hurts her as much as she claims, she should - and I mean that in a friendly sense - take a break from MT, especially as she obviously has other places to post at that she loves to go to. Honestly, when you shed a tear about someone who has disliked you for a long time, who is someone you'll never meet, turn the computer off and do something else for a while! It's important, not as much for the community (fights are entertaining), but for yourself.

Admitted, it can be hard - and of course, I can't expect anyone to refrain from posting in areas where there may be people who are eager to criticize yourself (if that's your imagination or reality is of no account here). So post, be respectful, and bystanders will draw their own conclusions. It doesn't help to jump at each other throats, least of all will it benefit yourself.

Also, you're quite correct to say that it matters enough for me to type these sentences - I do it because I love to argue and debate.

quote:
Hey it's just a message board, so you might as well let it be known who you like or don't like
Oh, the people I don't like can certainly figure that out by themselves. It's not like I'm overly concerned for their emotions []

Good night!

[ 06-03-2005, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: Belegurth ]

Roll of Honor Mad Uncle Rupert
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1148

posted      Profile for Mad Uncle Rupert   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like I missed a good one. Darn.
From: Playing softball with the Nazarenes | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Snow whiz said:You pounce on Snowdog for claiming to have a full life and not be bothered by message boards, yet you do the same
belegurth said: I didn't do that. I criticized him for claiming WT has no life, which is a complete no-brainer argument.
I only commented on WTs name calling of me for not replying to him when he

A. posts after I have left work, and
B. posts again saying I had no answer for him before I got back here. [end] Sometimes things are quite simple, but yet some take things and run with it as far as they wish to. Nowhere do I, or did I say that WT has no life.

One thing I like about this place is all the folks who keep a hand on the ladle (me included) []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins

"These Lord of the Rings movies must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence they came."

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

Snowdog says:

quote:
Nowhere do I, or did I say that WT has no life.
In your own words:

quote:
Unlike you WT, I don't live and breath this place 24/7

[ 06-04-2005, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: Belegurth ]

Roll of Honor Curufin the Crafty
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2540

posted      Profile for Curufin the Crafty   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
For God's sake, all of you, STOP IT.

Grow up, all of you.

From: Wherever people are oppressed... | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The irony in this thread is thicker than the midges in the Midgewater Marsh.*

Which come to think of it was my original point, before all the melodramatics started.

*is it just me or did that sound like a lost song from Mary Poppins?

-

From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Which come to think of it was my original point, before all the melodramatics started.

Which is ironic in itself, no? []

Ah... a full circle moment. []

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

-

The circle is complete. Requiescat in pace.

Roll of Honor Lassë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3063

posted      Profile for Lassë   Email Lassë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
We need Lasse back here telling us how well everyone has handled this situation.
You all handled this difficult situation wonderfully! []

I just spend half an hour in church thinking about how postmodernity relates to the fall/rise in religious attitudes in the Western world. And then I logged on to MT... and strangely enough I found this discussion far more interesting []

From: Berlin | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

quote:
Curufin the Crafty:
For God's sake, all of you, STOP IT.

Grow up, all of you.

Why? []

I think its more like Mellow-comedic..... []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
- Bilbo Baggins

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

Maybe some of it is - but you probably didn't see the deleted posts, nor the PM. Trust me, melodramatic is apt. []
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, I arrived too late. Damn, will have to catch this on the re-runs.

Not that I am concerned. I'm reasonably confident that various combatants and contentious issues will continue to repeat and circle about. []

From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

-
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » The Official "MT is going downhill" Thread (Page 25)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: UnStick Topic   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help