Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  10  11  12 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Nominate a Thread for Deletion (Page 4)
Author Topic: Nominate a Thread for Deletion
Quendil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1661

posted      Profile for Quendil   Email Quendil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
No, but there are too many in general. Don't you think that four "rooms/pubs" are more than enough?

[ 05-09-2004, 04:37 AM: Message edited by: Quendil Gondolindrim ]

From: Japan | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
So where can I start a thread for my fellow anglers? After all it may be seen as just another inn []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, there should be a rule that all threads by Mr Wang should be deleted []
From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]
I agree []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Damn. Didn't see that coming. []

And now let's stop to abuse this thread, shall we? []

From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viscount Værtalion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3122

posted      Profile for Viscount Værtalion   Author's Homepage   Email Viscount Værtalion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Why does this place remind me of a shooting gallery []
From: Serapion | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eöl i Moriquendë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4026
posted      Profile for Eöl i Moriquendë   Author's Homepage   Email Eöl i Moriquendë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Romance/Surfing Beach (???) delete!

'Right.'
[]

[ 05-09-2004, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: Eöl ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
'~Formerly: Nolofinwë~ (Ex- Member) \{^v^^v^}/
When you were born, you were crying and everyone else was smiling. Live so that when you die, you're smiling and everyone else is crying.

From: Havens of Pelagir | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quendil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1661

posted      Profile for Quendil   Email Quendil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Unadrieniel, Durza and Katrina should be thrown out.

This is really the first time I'm complaining about anything here. But this is far too much.

[ 05-09-2004, 08:03 AM: Message edited by: Quendil Gondolindrim ]

From: Japan | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thingol of Doriath
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2718

posted      Profile for Thingol of Doriath   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Quen- shouldn't you post that in the "Recent Disciplinary Action" thread?

Oh... and I agree with you. []

From: Sverige! | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quendil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1661

Yes, of course. It just fitted in the context so beautifully. []
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just to say that I support the proposition of the two citizens that posted above me. This thread is a useless stupidity.
And yes, kick them out, if possible.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Her Majesty the High Duchess of Torture and Pain.
Server of the Sun
~
Athene and Arien the Maia:
Overtaking posters since 2003

From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thalion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4172
posted      Profile for Thalion   Email Thalion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
(Edit: Post deleted. - WGW)
From: Hiding in a Filing Cabinet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eöl i Moriquendë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4026
posted      Profile for Eöl i Moriquendë   Author's Homepage   Email Eöl i Moriquendë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
'I have to say...if those three stick around, the Prancing Pony will become their love nest.'
[]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
'~Formerly: Nolofinwë~ (Ex- Member) \{^v^^v^}/
When you were born, you were crying and everyone else was smiling. Live so that when you die, you're smiling and everyone else is crying.

From: Havens of Pelagir | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If useless threads keep you from getting into heaven, we'll all be burning in hell.

If someone wants to start 1 mindless topic, I don't have a problem with it.

I'm a bit tired of getting requests (both here and in private) for deletion of topics that have just started or have MAYBE a page or two of posts and perhaps are a bit on the useless side. Everyone seems a bit too interested in what other people are posting and should perhaps just deal with themselves and let me worry about what is too stupid to exist.

Until a topic becomes a problem, for one reason or another, I don't usually consider deleting a Pony topic - even if it's juvenile and/or useless.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ah well, it seems to have finally died down now on its own anyway.
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earane
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4549
posted      Profile for Earane   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What is wrong with The Forest Paradise?
From: Behind a rock, in a log, there is no escaping me. | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elessar Telcontar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4385
posted      Profile for Elessar Telcontar   Email Elessar Telcontar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Strange news from Bree.... Legolas the elf speaks his mind!

oxymoronic and stupid. an overall cheapshot.

Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
(Edit: Thread deleted. - WGW)

By the way, guys: if you are seriously nominating a thread for deletion, you might want to post a link. Historically, WGW doesn't really have the time to dig through everything to find what you are talking about.

From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
(Edit: Thread deleted. - WGW)

This thread in the Movie Forum is not only in the wrong forum, it's simply spam. Even spam that's below Pony standards. []

From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stormwing the Bronze
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4480
posted      Profile for Stormwing the Bronze   Email Stormwing the Bronze   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think THIS thread should be deleted. By the time WGW finishes filtering out all our nominations, the nominated threads will have died anyway. I said this before on the Recent Disciplinary Action thread, and I will say it again here: you need more moderators. Every time I hear from you, WGW, you seem exhausted and in a bad mood. I think this forum is wearing you down. You need assistance.
(I am not trying to get myself a position of power. In fact, I think if you are going to listen to my advice, don't start by electing me. I'm not up to the job, myself.)

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Some human sages used to claim that despite all their power and magesty, all dragons had a weakness.
Said outraged dragon sages, "Weakenss? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and thou shalt soon see who is weak!"
...the human sages never lived very long...

From: Shafaer austratars arkepesk! (On the wings of a storm!) | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

posted      Profile for The Laurenendôrian   Email The Laurenendôrian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Quite apart from the fact that the Steward has repeatedly spoken against them, I don't think that more moderators would accomplish anything much, whether for better or for worse. The style of moderation here is very free - if WGW were to appoint anyone, surely he would pick those who shared his style? Which might lead to a small reduction in his direct workload, but would increase his stress in worrying over whether the people were doing as good a job as he might (yes, I think our Steward is a perfectionist) and wouldn't affect the running of the board much as others perceived it, beyond a slight tendency for the few obviously deliberately offensive threads to be deleted a little earlier.

If you have problems with this entire style, I'd be inclined to suggest that you might be better at home on a different board.

From: Taruithorn | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I disagree, Stormwing. This thread serves a valuable purpose. Although the threads in question may have died, they may never be brought to my attention to be deleted.

I re-read the first post and I still stand by it.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lost king
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4098
posted      Profile for the lost king   Author's Homepage   Email the lost king   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Elfstone posted this one earlier but i'm putting a link in, its really gotten out of hand.
Strange news from Bree.... Legolas the elf speaks his mind!
Its just ridiculous all the alleged reported posts and immaturity in there. everyones at eachothers throats.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Ignorance is NOT bliss, It's a freakin' pain in the butt.

That's what pessimistic optimism is all about. ~Braeden Fireheart

From: Lameham MD | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stormwing the Bronze
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4480
posted      Profile for Stormwing the Bronze   Email Stormwing the Bronze   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I now know that this board is NOT getting assistant moderators. I just got simultaneously smacked on multiple threads for even suggesting the idea. Everybody's sayin' "Screw you, Stormwing!"

I was just trying to help, but at least I now know that my help is not wanted, so I will go home now. [] *Flies back to Dragon's Lair*

From: Shafaer austratars arkepesk! (On the wings of a storm!) | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anoren Anarinwa
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2435

posted      Profile for Anoren Anarinwa   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Keeping in mind everything Laur just pointed out: Stormwing, no offense meant at all, but you haven't even been a member for two months, yet you are already so very set on this site needing moderators. What is so wrong with MT that we need them so badly, and what would moderators do to help? An honest question. []

Back on topic: I've been going through the Pony on a "bored" spurt.

What about all of these:
I'M LEAVING! (not permanently)
BORED

What are you doing?

Another Inn (This was my inn, that I gave to Sâllienne while I was away. No one ever posts in it anymore, and I think we could all do to do away with yet another inn)

I am doing...

Ice Cream Inn Not even a page long and hasn't been posted in since last August, I believe.

These are all just suggestions and if they are not worthy of being deleted, I shall sit back and be quiet. []

Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Nominate a Thread for Deletion (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  10  11  12 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help