Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Nominate a Thread for Deletion (Page 3)
Author Topic: Nominate a Thread for Deletion
Aylah the Wind Sister
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2740

posted      Profile for Aylah the Wind Sister   Author's Homepage   Email Aylah the Wind Sister   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
(Edit: Deleted. - WGW)
From: lets just say I have a ton of washing to do... | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

posted      Profile for Fangorn   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
From: Bangalore | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asmodeus Lord ofthe Ninth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4428
posted      Profile for Asmodeus Lord ofthe Ninth   Author's Homepage   Edit/Delete Post 
I would delete the one that Fangorn suggested but I cannot. Tell Tar Ministar.
From: Conquering the world from my ninth layer of hell. I.E. Boston, MA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Click on your feather in the first post and click the "delete" box. This will delete the entire thread.
From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendilyon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 322

posted      Profile for Earendilyon   Author's Homepage   Email Earendilyon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Asmo, you can click on the feather in the upper part of your first post in that thread (which is the 'edit' button) and click the box with 'Delete post?' next to it. Then, click on 'edit' and the thread is deleted!

Cross-post []

[ 03-19-2004, 06:35 AM: Message edited by: Earendilyon ]

From: Rivendell | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lost king
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4098
posted      Profile for the lost king   Author's Homepage   Email the lost king   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I know we all loved our dear departed Asmodeus Lord ofthe Ninth sooo much,*note extreme overbearing overused amazingly heavily laden sarcasm PLEASE!!!* but one trace of his existence remains here on MT. His newbie thread in the Floating Log.

E-Thanks WGW. That was really fast.

[ 04-01-2004, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: the lost king ]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Ignorance is NOT bliss, It's a freakin' pain in the butt.

That's what pessimistic optimism is all about. ~Braeden Fireheart

From: Lameham MD | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hylian Hero
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4210
posted      Profile for Hylian Hero   Email Hylian Hero   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think that this Post should be removed as it was inspired by certain citizens who were banned. []
http://www.minastirith.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=004772;p=21

[ 04-27-2004, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: Hylian Hero ]

From: Windy City | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
http://www.minastirith.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001943
Power of Blow Joe.

Judge for yourself.

From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
http://www.minastirith.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=000247

I don't know about any precedence for this, but here is a thread promoting a new Tolkien Forum.

Thorin's Edit: It is a bit disconcerting when WGW changes my [] to a [] in the message icon space. It's kind of spooky to think that someone can jump in and edit your posts. I'm glad I trust WGW. I better quit bad-mouthing him in PMs in case he can look at those too.

[ 05-07-2004, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: Thorin ]

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That could be one reason why he is cautious about introducing moderators - I believe they would have the same rights in the Forums they were moderating.

We trust WGW - as long as he is able to moderate the whole of MT on his own, there will not be others (whom we don't know and trust so well) who can meddle with our posts.

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Amen []
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Kosomot
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1105

posted      Profile for Kosomot   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thorin is a big wussy.

(Edit: - WGW) (Edit: No I didn't. - WGW [] )

From: The Hells of Iron | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm the only one who has rights to edit anything I want. I usually only edit the detail of a post when I have an admin reason to do so, like remove a link, etc. In this case, I change the icon to remind myself that I looked at that post and took whatever action I decided to take. I also delete links here when the thread is deleted.

As far as the PM's, I can read them, but I have to take a roundabout path to do it, which is time consuming. I could just login as that person, but that too is not worth the time to dig up their password.

I do get a mess of returned emails all the time from people who have their Email Notification on and their boxes are full or some other issue occurs. I sometimes read these PM's if the subject looks "troublesome", but it almost always has nothing to do with me and is Boring Beyond Belief. []

I think I have earned everyone's trust over the years. Still, the serious nature of this responsibility is one of the reasons moderators have not yet been appointed. The temptation to edit posts is too great for some people to resist.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eöl i Moriquendë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4026
posted      Profile for Eöl i Moriquendë   Author's Homepage   Email Eöl i Moriquendë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
'It was sweet at first.'

(Edit: It was already deleted. - WGW)

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
'~Formerly: Nolofinwë~ (Ex- Member) \{^v^^v^}/
When you were born, you were crying and everyone else was smiling. Live so that when you die, you're smiling and everyone else is crying.

From: Havens of Pelagir | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Dang, I was just about to nominate that same thread.
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quendil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1661

posted      Profile for Quendil   Email Quendil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My speech. Delete it, please.

Furthermore...

Unadrieniel:
  • 35 posts (34 in "The Dating Room).
  • Basically no content.
  • Double-posts.
  • Bothering use of smileys.
  • Doesn't consider warnings.
  • is unfoundedly rude

[ 05-08-2004, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: Quendil Gondolindrim ]

From: Japan | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eöl i Moriquendë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4026
posted      Profile for Eöl i Moriquendë   Author's Homepage   Email Eöl i Moriquendë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Quendil Gondolindrim - []
[]

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
'~Formerly: Nolofinwë~ (Ex- Member) \{^v^^v^}/
When you were born, you were crying and everyone else was smiling. Live so that when you die, you're smiling and everyone else is crying.

From: Havens of Pelagir | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eledhsúle
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1980

posted      Profile for Eledhsúle   Author's Homepage   Email Eledhsúle   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ëol reported what I came here to report.
The Dating Room, has no value what so ever.

And I second what Quendil is saying.

From: Finland | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elessar Telcontar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4385
posted      Profile for Elessar Telcontar   Email Elessar Telcontar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I was actually just going to come here and talk about the dating room. It gave me a mixture of hilarity and disgust. I wasn't even sure I could feel both at the same time since I saw Batman and Robin.
Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.minastirith.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=005607;p=1#000002

Get rid of it now before it becomes malignant.

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lillianna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1843

posted      Profile for Lillianna   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Eomer...
From: Back to Cali, Cali | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eledhsúle
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1980

posted      Profile for Eledhsúle   Author's Homepage   Email Eledhsúle   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed get rid of it.
From: Finland | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

posted      Profile for Lostfiniel   Email Lostfiniel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It would seem the city has developed a taste for online dating.

Hormones+anonymity=not usually a good combination.

From: Carlsbad, California | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quendil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1661

posted      Profile for Quendil   Email Quendil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The Girls Room
The Rat-Choo
The Unisex Room
Cheers

The Forest Paradise delete
The Dragon's Lair delete
Romance/Surfing Beach (???) delete!

[ 05-09-2004, 04:26 AM: Message edited by: Quendil Gondolindrim ]

From: Japan | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

What's wrong with The Dragon's Lair? Has it turned into a pit of doom as well?
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Nominate a Thread for Deletion (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  10  11  12 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help