Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Donations Status Update (Page 8)
Author Topic: Donations Status Update
The Lark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5188
posted      Profile for The Lark   Email The Lark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I get paid on Tuesday, and I'll try to make a donation then. []
From: A long way from anywhere | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
* bump *

And a friendly reminder to my fellow citizens...

From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fëanáro Calaelen
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5287
posted      Profile for Fëanáro Calaelen   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
How come when I click the paypal link on the donation page I get an error?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Sincerely,
Fëanáro Calaelen

From: Rosemount, Minnesota | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lord Mithrandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 978

posted      Profile for Lord Mithrandir   Email Lord Mithrandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I don't get an error, so, if it's something on your end. If you need more help, you'll have to be more detailed about the error that you get.
From: Olympia, WA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lassë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3063

posted      Profile for Lassë   Email Lassë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Xmas WGW []
From: Berlin | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Gracias!
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Roxette Mortensen
quote:
I my name is missing in a few months. I know I missed a month but I don't remember if it was March or April.
I found a couple envelopes that I had packed away hastily and must have escaped recognition. I'll correct matters with the next update.
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Has an update been made? I know I submitted an "anniversary donation" last August...
From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

I'll get to it when I do avatar updates in the coming weeks.
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

[]

Yeah, I figured that now you've got an obscene amount of free time... []

Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

*bump*

WGW, should this thread be sticky?

White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

Yeah, I should clean house and catch up on updates. Donations are quite infrequent nowadays, so I haven't thought about it in a while. Ah well...
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

Ehhhhkssellehnnntt...

And I'm past due for another anniversary donation, so when I do, "that's two you owe me, junior." [] []

Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just wanted to make sure mine got there?

No rush with the icon but just wanted to make sure paypal was working. []

I need to give another too...

This site is definitely cheaper than Prozac... []

[ 10-25-2006, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Amárië ]

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

posted      Profile for Fangorn   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Boss, I believe that updates and flow of donations might have some link. More updates might mean more donations..... Just Might....
From: Bangalore | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

I know, but I hate to encourage that link. It makes it seem like I am constantly shilling for donations, and I don't want it to be that kind of atmosphere here.
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

posted      Profile for Fangorn   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You know the best. However, might I suggest that when donations are made, an acknowledgment is made via PM to the Donor? Just assures him/her that money has reached you. Of course, making a suggestion is easy, but might not be feasible because of time pressure for you.
From: Bangalore | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

posted      Profile for Lugbúrz   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, an acknowledgement e-mail/PM is important. It makes sure that you have received the donation; confirming the amount is also useful. It's hard to send a personalized response every time, I received those in response to the first few times I donated here, but the last time I donated I didn't receive any response. You seemed very busy so I didn't bother confirming it. I think using a standard template, so that you can cut and paste and send an acknowledgement will serve the purpose - no need for handwritten notes everytime.
From: Middangeard | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

posted      Profile for Celebrían   Email Celebrían   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Steward, you may want to check your postal box this Saturday.
From: First Homely House, Rivendell, Eriador | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

Yeah, I used to try to make each response a personal one, but I got pretty burnt out on this over the years. I just feel so weird about sending out a form letter, that I have ended up not replying at all. Maybe if half the form letter apologized for sending out a form letter, it would work. Hmm...

And I need to renew my P.O. Box this month, so I might as well head in and kill two birds with one stone!

Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
First time I've been able to donate via PayPal... []

(An early) Merry Christmas WGW! []

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
So... have there been any updates lately? []

Good question! []

*wants a shiny new icon* []

(edit) [] I'm numerically dyslexic, plus I made this post at work. [] Still... The Roll of Honor hasn't been updated since July 2005. [] It's easy to be confused. []

[ 03-19-2007, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: Braeden Fireheart ]

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Kosomot
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1105

posted      Profile for Kosomot   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe he donated a Billion!
From: The Hells of Iron | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Braeden , it's actually early March 2006 . That makes more sense
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
See, this is why Brae's a writer, not an editor. []

Please don't hit me. []

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Donations Status Update (Page 8)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help