Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Donations Status Update (Page 3)
Author Topic: Donations Status Update
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I got it! []
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

posted      Profile for Lostfiniel   Email Lostfiniel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Good []

I should be donating more regularly now

[ 06-16-2004, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: Lostfiniel ]

From: Carlsbad, California | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Er, yeah, I got some sort of error just now too, but I think it happened after the donation had gone through. Could you check just to make sure? []
From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

posted      Profile for Lostfiniel   Email Lostfiniel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds like the same thing I got, Eomer...
From: Carlsbad, California | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

posted      Profile for Celebrían   Email Celebrían   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
DONATION CHALLENGE ALERT!!!!
For every citizen who donates before the end of June, I would like to add $5.00 to my donation for July. I know one can buy a money order at the post office for 95 cents US and send a little something. How about all you sentimental types who are posting in the MT history thread popping out to the post, giving your comfy chair a short rest in the next three days, and letting White Gold Wielder know we appreciate his excellent site?

[ 06-27-2004, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: Celebrían ]

From: First Homely House, Rivendell, Eriador | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor EowynatHeart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3437

posted      Profile for EowynatHeart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well I have been putting it off way to long and since this wonderful offer has arose. Count me in!!!!

WGW, I will be mailing you a donation tomorrow.

From: Wait! The map was upside down!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor KingRichard
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 26

posted      Profile for KingRichard   Email KingRichard   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'll accept that challenge too, Celebrían. Way to go! You're an exemplary citizen!

*goes off to make donation via Paypal*

KingRichard

From: U.S.A. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have 5 that I've been sitting on for a week, so keep that in mind as I update the donations soon.

P.S. Thanks! []

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Aranel Charis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2061

posted      Profile for Aranel Charis   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've been thinking about sending something too, so I will now do it before the end of the month... []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I do believe in faëries. I do. I do." -Bungo.

From: Leeds | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ingaran Nolofinwë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4240
posted      Profile for Ingaran Nolofinwë   Author's Homepage   Email Ingaran Nolofinwë   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I would send something, but I'm broke...
From: Washington State University | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3437

Hehehe!!
I can't find the address or form that I know I have seen like a thousand times and now that I want it, I can't find it [] Can someone link me to the address to send in the donation.

E:Never mind!!!!
I just found it [] []

E2:One question WGW. Are you still not taking personal checks?

[ 06-29-2004, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: EowynatHeart ]

From: Wait! The map was upside down!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Aranel Charis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2061

posted      Profile for Aranel Charis   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I sent a post office money order today. I kept all the receipts just in case I filled out the 'pay to' part wrong (or should not have filled out at all)...

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"I do believe in faëries. I do. I do." -Bungo.

From: Leeds | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Wandering Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1685

posted      Profile for Wandering Tuor   Email Wandering Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I donated, Cele.
From: My place | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I donated as well.
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

EowynatHeart: Yes, I cannot accept personal checks. I don't have a checking account under the name White Gold Wielder, so it could get a bit sticky. []

It's really not necessary 99% of the time. Wrapping a few bills in a colorful magazine page is all it takes to make sure cash gets to me. I have never had anyone's donation get stolen.

Anyway, here's a good tip I wanted to share with every who has donated. If you're going to wrap cash in a piece of paper, don't wrap it so tightly that is has the size and shape of the money. If someone held it up to the light, it would be obvious that it was wrapped cash. Just fold the paper like you would a letter and let the money rest loosely inside. []

Roll of Honor Gna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3830

posted      Profile for Gna   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I donated, Celebrían-but I added $5.00 more than I had originally intended to donate this month, to cover your challenge amount myself. If that makes any sense. []

(Basically, I'm trying to save Cele 5 bucks, without depriving WGW of the money.) []

From: Andustar | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

posted      Profile for Celebrían   Email Celebrían   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Action! Fantastic! ONLY TODAY, JUNE 30, IS LEFT ON MY DONATION CHALLENGE. POSTMARK COUNTS!

Thanks to all who are responding to encourage White Gold Wielder, our good Steward.

Gna, your last post doesn't make sense to me, so I am choosing to [mwahaha] disregard it [/mwahaha].

[ 06-30-2004, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: Celebrían ]

From: First Homely House, Rivendell, Eriador | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3437

Eek!!!
I just got paid today......
My mail hasn't picked up yet, so I'm sending it out in todays mail.
Please let that count!!!!!!!

Roll of Honor Freya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1558

posted      Profile for Freya   Email Freya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*donated*
From: London | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3437

Mailman just picked up and it's on its way!!!!

It's cash by the way.

Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

Celebrían, I love your idea [] [] Thank you very much for doing it

[]

Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

Yay! Thanks to all those who responded, EaH, KingRichard, AranelCharis, WanderingTuor, Gna, and the regulars, Freya, Roxy, and irregulars, Éomer and Lostfiniel and the mysterious others. I look forward to the official report from WGW soon!

I'll be dedicating my donation in memory of my Grandmother, who taught grades 1-8 in a one-room schoolhouse, introduced me to the National Geographic, and shared her love of reading to the end of her life.

[ 07-02-2004, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: Celebrían ]

White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

Well, everything has been updated and June turned out to be a smashing month. 12 donations!

Thanks to everyone who took the time and effort to send a little of your hard-earned money to support Minas Tirith.

We have been getting closer and closer each month to our bandwidth limit and I may soon have to pay a bit more per month for an increase. That's why I really can't say enough to thank you for taking the burden off of me with such generousity.

Celebrían: As I said, 6 of these 12 were already here before you made your challenge. I'm touched you want to make your donation in the name of your Grandmother, but I don't want to take advantage of your pledge. Don't go crazy and send me all your beer money! []

Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

White Gold Wielder, the money order is in the mail. You should have it by Orgilion.

'Tis a small gift for a oldbie friend,
We're not by any means near journey's end.
Herein is Community of the Fourth Age.
With special finesse and decisions sage
We all benefit from our Steward's avocation;
I send with grateful heart a gift
after Mr. Squirrel's vacation.

White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

Donation icons updated!

Thanks to everyone who took up Celebrían's challenge, but a special thanks to Celebrían herself. The challenge was unheralded, but not unwelcome! It took a lot of guts to offer $5 for each donation of the month. It was a hefty sum and has made the coffers of Minas Tirith unusually heavy. Woohoo!

Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Donations Status Update (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help