Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Donations Status Update (Page 2)
Author Topic: Donations Status Update
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
 - ! Donation Icons Updated !  -

I would just like to thank everyone for their patience and generosity during my recent absence. We had many new donators as well as those that have given many times over the years.

Some went through Paypal (which makes it easy to pay Minas Tirith's bills) and some took the time to write a letter and fill out a money order or conceal some cash. I have kept every letter I've received over the years and it is quite a bundle by now!

It really warms my heart to know that so many of you care enough about Minas Tirith and the effort it takes to keep it running to give of yourself this way.

I am especially grateful for the donations during the recent illness of my father-in-law. With all that was going through my mind, it was a blessing to not have to worry about keeping this great ship afloat. With his health nearly fully restored and as I reflect on the faithful generosity of our citizens, the coming Spring never seemed so joyful.

I hope I may repay this in some part with renewed effort and a strengthened commitment to keep our city great.

Cheers to you all!

Your faithful steward,

White Gold Wielder

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor -Laurelin-
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3717

posted      Profile for -Laurelin-   Email -Laurelin-   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*stands as the Steward speaks from the Tower of Echtelion*

Yea! for the Steward! []

From: Québec | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Éomer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2824

posted      Profile for Éomer   Email Éomer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
::does a little dance::

Yay! That little bronze button looks pretty good. []

I'm happy I could help out, WGW. You deserve all the help you can get for all the work you put into this place. []

From: Serenity | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor ElenaeFalmaKal
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3914

posted      Profile for ElenaeFalmaKal   Email ElenaeFalmaKal   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
YAY! You recieved my donation! I was afraid the Postal Service would mess up or take the money out or something... But you got safe and sound.
From: Boston, MA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tar-Minastir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4001

posted      Profile for Tar-Minastir   Email Tar-Minastir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*Goes to piggy bank to find spare money*

Drat, not a lot of it, but i'll find some to donate, I promise.

From: Vermont | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad to hear that our donations seem to have encouraged you, WGW.

Along with your improved family health situation, of course!

And Paypal makes it easy to donate as well.
*whispers preciousssss to the little button*

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
OK, at long last, the donation icons have been updated! And what's more, the page has had a minor re-vamp.

I have been dabbling with some more intensive programming with the UBB software, and I've been able to do a few things. If you go to the new Roll of Honor, you'll notice that everyone's name is a link. The link goes to their profile, but that's not the interesting thing.

The names are setup by your citizen number, so if you change your display name, it get's changed here automatically. It took me a lot of work to find everyone's number, especially those who have changed their name since they first donated! For example, Lord Mithrandir had one donation under Mithrander, but now they both show his current name.

There is one name I have yet to find a number for, since there is no citizen with that name any more. I couldn't find Hydra Etheral in my Paypal records or in a quick search of my old envelopes. If anyone remembers, let me know.

BTW, I just renewed my PO Box for another year ($48) and renewed the registration for minastirith.net also for another year ($35). This was possible through the donations I have received over the past months. Thanks you all!

It still makes me smile to get an envelope with a letter and $5 or whatever that person could afford. In the words of Jack Nicholson in "As Good as it Gets", "You make me want to be a better steward." []

BTW, if anyone spots any links to the Roll of Honor that still point to "thanks.html", let me know so I can correct that.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lord Mithrandir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 978

posted      Profile for Lord Mithrandir   Email Lord Mithrandir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Nice!
From: Olympia, WA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Freya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1558

posted      Profile for Freya   Email Freya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
WGW, my last two donations are missing. They came out of my bank account via paypal for Apr and May but you don't have them on your list. Could you have missed them or has the money gone astray?
From: London | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

I did the envelopes, but I was too tired to get to Paypals. I'm sure they are there. I'll try to get it tonight. []
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
There should be a PayPal donation from me as well.

I know I have changed my user name after that [] , but I did include my citizen number.

But if no PayPal donations have been registered so far, that explains it []

[ 06-07-2004, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: Varnafindë aka Barufiniel ]

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah... I sent a $5 PayPal donation a while ago... in either March or early April I think.
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

OK, all the Paypals have been noted. Donation icons are all caught up.

Thanks!

Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

posted      Profile for Mahanaxar   Email Mahanaxar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hey I have a bronze thing! Yay!
From: pants | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Freya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1558

posted      Profile for Freya   Email Freya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
So do I

And two star things []

From: London | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Kosomot
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1105

posted      Profile for Kosomot   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just wondering WGW, what do you need minastirith.net for?
From: The Hells of Iron | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

For a guess, to make sure noone else can use it?

[ 06-10-2004, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: Varnafindë aka Barufiniel ]

Roll of Honor Kosomot
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1105

posted      Profile for Kosomot   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
www.minastirith.org is available too []
From: The Hells of Iron | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

haha you should get somehow www.minastirith.gov

It can be your own private admin site []

White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

Ah, some guy named GAETANO TINAT(!) snatched up .org right after I got .net. I was going to get .net and .org at the same time, but I was really strapped for cash at the time and didn't want to spend the extra $30. Soon after, I tried to get .org, but Gaetano(?) had already planted his flag.

He has it registered until 2006, but he has never had anything on it. I assume he squatted there in the hopes of picking up some New Line Cinema's Lord of the Rings money.

The purpose of having .net, aside from being cool, is simply to keep someone else from getting it. I don't need some wannabe Minas Tirith setting up shop next-door.

As far as www.MinasTirith.gov ...

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

quote:
Registrations that do not qualify for a .gov domain
Cities, townships, counties, parishes, and other local entities that are not represented by an elected body of officials

So when should we arrange the first White City Election? []
Roll of Honor Belegurth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1534

posted      Profile for Belegurth   Email Belegurth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I fear the Steward's not really keen to give the power out of his hand until the King returns. Ha! What we need is a revolution! []

*waves flag*

Let's teach the White Tower what democracy is!

*awaits to be banned soon* []

From: the void | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Roxette
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2363

posted      Profile for Roxette   Email Roxette   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
We should found a town and name it Minas Tirth! []
From: I can see Manhattan from my.... | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mahanaxar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1540

Hey, I'll move there!
Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

posted      Profile for Lostfiniel   Email Lostfiniel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
WGW, I sent a paypal donation but half way through I got a strange error message. I'd like to know if it worked or not. If not I'll try again.
From: Carlsbad, California | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Donations Status Update (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help