Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Donations Status Update (Page 1)
Author Topic: Donations Status Update
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Donation icons have been updated. I was a few days behind so there was a minor backlog. 8 were added to the list.

As many of you know, I try to reply personally to everyone who donates, but this time I can't. If I spent the time to craft 8+ thank-you emails right now, I would not get much else done and I want to keep my upgrade momentum going.

Still I want to thank these and everyone else who has donated. January and February have been exciting months with over ten donations each. This is the most we've ever had. I was definitely into the break-even range each of those months. I can't tell you what a help it is and I sincerely appreciate it.

To all those who have sent me messages through the post office, I appreciate the extra effort it takes to write an actual letter and drop it in the mailbox. They're fun to read and I've kept every one I've received over the years.

I've got a lot of work planned for MT over the coming weeks. I should finally finish a long-overdue upgrade to the FAQ. I have the big upgrade to UBB 6.5 to do as well as continue to tweak some images around here. Once these are finished, expect a cleanup of the literary forums, especially the Library. In the back of my mind, I'm still working on a way to offer MT Gear to the masses as well as a couple other interesting additions.

Thank you to all who have helped make Minas Tirith what it is today and what it will be tomorrow.

Cheers!

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Looking forward to the upcoming upgrades! And that would be so cool if we got the MT Gear up and running. I am dying to have an MT Shirt []
From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Ecthelion of the Fountain
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 955
posted      Profile for Ecthelion of the Fountain   Email Ecthelion of the Fountain   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
oh oh oh,,, why dont we offer MT horses. yeah, that would be a good MT gear. you wouldnt get many, but when you do sell one wheeeew youd be set for a while..

(looks around at all the odd looks hes getting)

ok maybe not, keep on rocking WGW, if you need bone marrow, again, let me know

From: seattle, wa, usa | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Some of you may have noticed that the Roll of Honor has reverted a bit. Some of the donations from February and March are gone.

It was my fault. I downloaded the file, but edited and uploaded an older file by mistake. I will try to correct this error this evening. []

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altarial
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1103

posted      Profile for Altarial   Email Altarial   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
If we wanted to donate some money, where would we send it?
From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Top of the page. To the right. Click on "donate". Do what it says. Easy-peasy!

Yes, I only just got round to it too. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Queen of Grammar with King Marcho.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Ecthelion of the Fountain
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 955
posted      Profile for Ecthelion of the Fountain   Email Ecthelion of the Fountain   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
reminds me- goes off to good ol paypal
From: seattle, wa, usa | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

OK, the Roll of Honor is repaired.

If you have a donation icon, please check February and March and see if I left you out of the list. Unfortunately, I have no good way to search for only those with icons, so it's possible I may have missed some. I think the list should be accurate.

Roll of Honor Aikanáro
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3121

posted      Profile for Aikanáro   Email Aikanáro   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Should Adulithien not be on there?
From: Mar Vanwa Tyaliéva | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Lugbúrz probably hasn't noticed this as he hasn't posted much lately, but his donation icon isn't right.

I'm sure I saw it as a Mithril icon at least a week ago, but it has gone back to a Silver colour. And in the Roll of Honour, Lug is listed as having a Gold icon.

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

He wants it that way. []
Roll of Honor Curufin the Crafty
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2540

posted      Profile for Curufin the Crafty   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I just realized how appropriate my name is going to be when I make a donation next month. []

A son of Fëanor is going to be one of the first to have the nifty little "star of Eärendil" - a Silmaril. Such beautiful irony there. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
To gain that which is worth having, it may be necessary to lose everything else.
~Bernadette Devlin
http://www.shonjir.net

From: Wherever people are oppressed... | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Glorfindel of Los 'lóriol
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2884

posted      Profile for Glorfindel of Los 'lóriol   Email Glorfindel of Los 'lóriol   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Good showing this month it seems. (very colorful Roll of Honor! [] )
Nice to see a few new Bronzes. []

From: NY | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Roxette
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2363

posted      Profile for Roxette   Email Roxette   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*likes her red icon*
From: I can see Manhattan from my.... | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

It has been a good month. The generosity of our citizens always amazes me. I was afraid that with MT Gear, people wouldn’t think I needed donations anymore. Actually, with the slow way orders have been dragging in, I’ll be lucky to break even. And after the initial orders, I don’t expect to get many orders in the future.

Donations are still helpful to keeping Minas Tirith alive and I am thankful for each one I get.

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2884

posted      Profile for Glorfindel of Los 'lóriol   Email Glorfindel of Los 'lóriol   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Holy crap!
I think that's the fastest donation icon upgrade response I've ever had!

Donate now people!
WGW is on his game!

[] []

From: NY | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Moi aussi, but it's only my second.... [] (silver!)
Go WGW!

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

Hehe...I got your email RIGHT when I was updating them.
Roll of Honor Roxette
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2363

posted      Profile for Roxette   Email Roxette   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] I had been wondering if you had gotten my donations WGW. I'm glad that it did. []

*star is making her dizzi*

[] []

From: I can see Manhattan from my.... | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Freya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1558

posted      Profile for Freya   Email Freya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for my lovely star icon WGW! No doubt the first issued to a half-orc? []
From: London | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2884

Only a couple of days left in September!

Get those donations in!

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Or not - if you are unable to donate...
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2884

No, even then, donate!
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

And you have no money? Do try and be sensible at least!

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Queen of Grammar with King Marcho.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.

White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

Donations are not mandatory and I don't pressure people to make them. Perhaps if there was a financial emergency, but otherwise it is completely voluntary.

Just for the record. []

Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Donations Status Update (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help