Minas Tirith Forums
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  62  63  64  65 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Recent Disciplinary Action (Page 65)
Author Topic: Recent Disciplinary Action
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Mano Blanco is taking a time-out for a day or so. He had been warned (even if the PM is still marked unread), and things have been getting out of hand.

We'll see if he engages in a dialog with me via email. He doesn't have to beg to get back on, just show he is aware of his actions and can discuss the situation in a civil manner. This might prove too challenging, so once again, we'll see.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Darn it! I forgot to start a new thread like I promised! Grr...
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
getting out of hand.
[]
quote:
We'll see if he engages in a dialog with me via email. He doesn't have to beg to get back on, just show he is aware of his actions and can discuss the situation in a civil manner. This might prove too challenging, so once again, we'll see.
A long shot if he is WiKi incarnated. And if so, MT's "favourite" basement troll will be back. []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
They will probably just go over to TORC or some other place for awhile until they get banned again there.

My apologies for my part in some of the recent crap. I have had to restrain myself, especially when I've had a couple beers and get on here to see some pimple calling my wife names. I don't take too kindly to it. I was really happy she came back here, and she's perfectly capable of holding her own and then some.

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

Well, I've had some weird email conversations with him very recently about me unbanning him and giving him another chance.

The weirdest thing is that my last response keeps getting kicked back as undeliverable, even though his is a gmail address. I didn’t think you could just delete a gmail address.

I had hoped I could work out a way for him to return, but I fear he is gone for good, at least in this incarnation.

Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Or you could just un-ban all of them, and see which one(s) sign back in... []
I'd guess at this point that none of the others will try to log in anymore.

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Mayhaps we're back to "Where's Trollie" (the MT version of "Where's Wally")?

Three obvious options arise to my eye:

a) WGW gets a response via the old or a new email address and the conversation continues (though the outcome of the conversation is a little less transparent)

b) TWH registers as a new citizen, and may or may not continue in old ways

c) We think we spot the disguised individual in a rash of paranoia but in actuality TWH doesn't return here at all (and a whole heap of collateral damage ensues).

Whatever happens, I am going to flex my tolerance muscles in any case. I'll start with magnanimously overlooking the fact that my husband called me a brawling shrew on a public message board in his last post on this thread. See, I can be really big about things and not the least bit over-sensitive if I really try... []

In truth, I promise to be good and not bite the newbies. I'll even refrain from using coarse and unladylike language too. It's unseemly. What I do to exact revenge against my spouse off this message board is entirely another matter. []

From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
He's back. The Clearasil or the stridex pads didn't work (joke).
May it be a bit more polite this go round.

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

posted      Profile for Elora Starsong   Email Elora Starsong   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, already people are being labelled as crazy or delusional, but to be fair it takes time to break old habits. I maintain that leopards can change their spots (if beaten hard enough, regularly enough [] <-- joking).
From: Dancing 'twixt the stars | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The White Hand
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11334
posted      Profile for The White Hand   Email The White Hand   Edit/Delete Post 
And the hate continues unabated... you ever stop to think, maybe it's YOU.
From: Memphis | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

Did you expect no response upon your return?

I advised you to deal with the situation head-on and offer a statement to clear the air. Most people are slow to wipe the slate clean when the offender doesn’t show he has learned anything. Start a discussion to talk about it (or engage in it here), and all the conversation will be there.

Plus, you’re overreacting here. These are measured, level-headed responses to an unrepentant ex-con. They follow the age-old “just joking / smiley” protocols and have not so far been repeated. The hate continues? Learn to take some ribbing. If you want everyone to just stick to Tolkien and not discuss each other as people, I fear you may be disappointed.

The White Hand
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11334
posted      Profile for The White Hand   Email The White Hand   Edit/Delete Post 
Oh so now you're assigning probationary stigma... the hate wasn't enough.

[ 02-16-2011, 02:14 AM: Message edited by: The White Hand ]

From: Memphis | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just relax. You're doing better. Keep it up.

e: typo

[ 02-16-2011, 01:21 PM: Message edited by: pi ]

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

Totally agree with Pi. Aside from an initial slide into old habits, the White Hand has noticeably improved - thus lending credence to my earlier observation. Leopards can change their spots. Time will be the true measure, of course.
Hamfast Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5528

posted      Profile for Hamfast Gamgee   Author's Homepage   Email Hamfast Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Leopards can change their spots
If beaten hard enough, Elora? []
From: Bagshot Row, Hobbiton, The Shire! | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

[] <---- speaking from experience! []
Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, a new firebrand has come into our midst again! Good. We needed a little excitement...

Except, TWH's political opinions seem to be pretty much the same as the previous batch of less-than-polite* posters. Oh well. Same tune, different station.

* FULL DISCLOSURE: I'm not very polite in general either, here or in the RW. I'm content with just not giving a damn about opposing viewpoints.

[ 02-19-2011, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: Silmahtar ]

From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elora Starsong
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2099

Ah, Silm - you have stamina, endurance, and offer the community ongoing value. The problems with firebrands, as demonstrated by Fëanor, is that they burn out swiftly. They're sprinters, rather than marathon racers, leaving the community bereft of brilliance and rather nastily singed.

It's all about the return on investment (ROI) for me.

Roll of Honor Silmahtar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4806

posted      Profile for Silmahtar   Author's Homepage   Email Silmahtar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Great observation. []
From: Vinya-Tárilos | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Recent Disciplinary Action (Page 65)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  62  63  64  65 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Open Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help