Minas Tirith Forums
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  61  62  63  64  65 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Recent Disciplinary Action (Page 64)
Author Topic: Recent Disciplinary Action
Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

posted      Profile for Kalkin   Email Kalkin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder what his feelings are about brownies.....the good kind.
From: Chicago | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
There's a bad kind?
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

posted      Profile for Kalkin   Email Kalkin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Point taken. []
From: Chicago | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eonwe The Herald
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11232
posted      Profile for Eonwe The Herald   Email Eonwe The Herald   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I for one love Brownies, but i cant speak for Snowdog
From: England | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I for one love Brownies, but i cant speak for Snowdog
Didn't ask ya to. []
Thanks for clue #2 [] []

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I wonder what his feelings are about brownies.....the good kind.
quote:
There's a bad kind?

Yup. Vicious little critters. []
From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eonwe The Herald
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11232
posted      Profile for Eonwe The Herald   Email Eonwe The Herald   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Didn't ask ya to.
Thanks for clue #2

Is this still banter, because i enjoy a good joke; or have you actually got some kind of problem with me being here?
From: England | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Only Glóin smiled, but his smile came from old memories.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Is this still banter, because i enjoy a good joke; or have you actually got some kind of problem with me being here?
[] [] []
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eonwe The Herald
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11232
Nevermind. I can see this is obviously going to be a waste of my time.

Bye

[ 10-19-2009, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: Eonwe The Herald ]

Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You were doing good here, Eonwe. Don't worry, just some good-natured ribbing, with no harm intended -right guys? []

edit: hell, some can be just a wee little bit tough on n00bs here, that's all - and sometimes not even n00bs, so don't sweat it.

[ 10-19-2009, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: pi ]

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

quote:
Nevermind. I can see this is obviously going to be a waste of my time.

Bye

Didn't mean to ruffle you squeaky. Surely you have tougher skin than that. []
Eonwe The Herald
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11232
Hey no problem, i do have thicker skin than that. It was just that i could not any sign of it ending and its hard to understand peoples intentions through the intarwebz sometimes.
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What the hell is that supposed to mean?!?
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

I believe he was remarking on the lack of prosodic content in webspeech compared to that produced by wetware.
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

It is sometimes more difficult to interpret the emotional content or tone of the written word (eg; on the internet) compared to a face-to-face conversations. During an actual conversation one gets cues from facial expressions and gestures as well as changes in pitch and amplitude of the voice, all of which give additional indications as to the speaker's meanings and intentions, thus decreasing any ambiguity.

Oh, yeah....WE are the wetware.

[ 10-21-2009, 02:43 AM: Message edited by: Kalkin ]

Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
compared to that produced by wetware
Hey, don't you go dragging me into your argument/ribbing! []

quote:
Oh, yeah....WE are the wetware.
NO, that is ME!!!!!! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

posted      Profile for Glóin the Dark   Author's Homepage   Email Glóin the Dark   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It is sometimes more difficult to interpret the emotional content or tone of the written word (eg; on the internet) compared to a face-to-face conversations. During an actual conversation one gets cues from facial expressions and gestures as well as changes in pitch and amplitude of the voice, all of which give additional indications as to the speaker's meanings and intentions, thus decreasing any ambiguity.

What the hell is ... nah, I'm only kidding.
From: Belfalas | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eonwe The Herald
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 11232
quote:
Clever, i lol'd hard at that [] [] []
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

quote:
... i could not any sign of it ending and its hard ...
That's what SHE said.

I was going to shoo everyone out of here, but maybe it's time to make a new disciplinary thread and retire this one. This one has served us well since 2002, but it's a bit long in the tooth. It will be preserved, of course, but I'll start a new one upon the next jag-a-muffin.

So, please for to continue mit de hijack...

Kalkin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1029

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! []

I LIKE this thread. []

Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

quote:
maybe it's time to make a new disciplinary thread and retire this one.
Yeah, good idea! We can hijack and carry on in any number of other threads.... unless we're banned and the subject of the next Discipline thread.... [] []
Roll of Honor pi
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5374

posted      Profile for pi   Author's Homepage   Email pi   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
We need a thread devoted to this:
quote:
That's what SHE said.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
The grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.

From: Virgo Supercluster, 40º N 75º W | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glóin the Dark
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2102

[]
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Recent Disciplinary Action (Page 64)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  61  62  63  64  65 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Open Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help