Minas Tirith Forums
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  63  64  65 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Recent Disciplinary Action (Page 1)
Author Topic: Recent Disciplinary Action
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Pippen Took's posting rights have been removed pending an explaination.

You can stop flaming him in the threads where the Bath Song was dumped. No sense in adding more wasted text.

I'll be removing each of his posts, so rest easy.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

posted      Profile for Lugbúrz   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
We thank you for your effort!
From: Middangeard | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Are you gonna delete the songs? I saw several in the Current Film forum.
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

I think the Steward has first dealt with the Green Dragon. As he has declared that to be his intent, I'm sure he'll delete the rest when he finds the time.
From: Middangeard | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ZENITH
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 400

posted      Profile for ZENITH   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
thanx o great steward
From: The Mens Room. ENGLAND | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Bethberry
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1217

posted      Profile for Bethberry   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, White Gold Wielder, for clearing away the spam from the "Organization of LOTR" thread in the LOTR literary folder also, without even being asked to by the denizens of that thread.

Perhaps Pippin wanted to find a way to have a fun community event after the events of this week and is too young to know how to do that? (not that I am defending the spam!)We could do with something like that, but I am too busy in RL this weekend to start a fun community thread.

Bethberry

[ 04-26-2002, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: Bethberry ]

From: the Bonfire Glade in the Old Forest | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nimruzir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 248

posted      Profile for Nimruzir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Pippen Took's posting rights have been removed pending an explaination.
Just sounded like a pool party invitation to me.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"The prime motive [of LotR] was the desire of a tale-teller to try his hand at a really long story that would hold the attention of readers, amuse them, delight them, and at times maybe excite them or deeply move them. As a guide I had only my own feelings for what is appealing or moving, and for many the guide was inevitably often at fault."

J.R.R. Tolkien - Prologue to The Lord of the Rings.

From: Den of Iniquity | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

Reminds me of a certain Celidh, Bethberry. And what a party that was!
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

I would suggest some sort of action towards the posts by this person.

Public Name: fuk3r
Citizen Status: Soldier of Gondor
Citizen Number: 2237
Interests: stuff
Donation Level:
AIM ID: tomkid182

Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I second that motion, Lugbúrz.

He/she (though I believe it's a 'he') has done one of the worst crimes of disrespect here, and it only took him a day to do it.

He's invaded an RPG without looking in the Word Aside. []

That, above all else, is what I believe to be the worst action.

You can see it in Mission, Quest, Thing for the Sword, page 3.

From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I was gonna bring this up....
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
As one of the players in Mission, Quest, Thing, I wholeheartedly support the previous speakers - I have only just revisited the thread, and this behaviour is totally out of line.
Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Problem solved. []

And Mirithan has been warned. []

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Sauron's Secret Agent
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1891

posted      Profile for Sauron's Secret Agent   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
WGW : our heartfelt thanks to you.

As to Mirithan, I have just posted at length in the Tribunate regarding her. There I offered an explanation of my involvement - if you would like this, please PM me. It is not secret, nor shameful, but another, younger, citizen is also involved (in a blameless way) and would prefer it to be kept private.

Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

Mirithan is back and is upto the old tricks.

It is very irritating to see her one-liners, IMHO.

Eldorian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2113

posted      Profile for Eldorian   Author's Homepage   Email Eldorian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry luzburgz but I can't always say enough to fill loads of lines I do try my hardest to write more the 1 line.
From: Wizard land though I'm most often found in the V.O.E | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

Excuse me Mirithan: but telling Nimruzir and Cian that Sauron is a 'majar spirit' I think is the most arrogant show of ignorance.
Roll of Honor Marcho Blackwood - MSS
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 270

posted      Profile for Marcho Blackwood - MSS   Email Marcho Blackwood - MSS   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I agree Lugbúrz. I debated a long time about making any comment (something I wish Mirithan would do!).

The constant stream of one line, inane comments that add nothing of value to the thread are really getting annoying.

IMHO, the issue is not that they are one line long. Trying "my hardest to write more the 1 line" is all well and good, but how about saying something? A one line comment can effectively ask a pointed question, provide a reference or even answer the question that was posed. It is the value of the post that is important, not the length. I don't even mind the occasional one line compliment.

But I get really mad when I go and look at a thread to see what the new response or answer might be, hoping to have something of value that I can learn or think about, only to discover Mirithan's post "I don't know anything about that question." What a waste of time!

[ 06-26-2002, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: Marcho Blackwood, MSS ]

From: Bindbale, North Farthing | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

Thank you for your support, Marcho.

WGW,

[] You poor Steward, you.

We have another troll:

Profile for horsehottie
Citizen Status: Soldier of Gondor
Citizen Number: 2268
Email Address: loverofhorses12@hotmail.com
Interests: horsebackriding
Donation Level:

Orofacion of the Vanyar
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1166

posted      Profile for Orofacion of the Vanyar   Email Orofacion of the Vanyar   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
...but I can't always say enough to fill loads of lines...
Then don't post in the thread, simple as that! You are disrespecting the forum, the board, and the rules set up by WGW when you post such nonsense, so stop.

Lugburz,

Thank you for bringing that up! The Dark Tower will never rest so long as ignorance stalks the white city. []

White Gold Wielder,

Are you aware of the citizen named CellsCells? His recent "prank" in the Prancing Pony is shameful to say the least.

[ 06-26-2002, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: Orofacion of the Vanyar ]

From: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cellscells
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1373

posted      Profile for Cellscells   Email Cellscells   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I know! I can't believe that I did that!

Oh man, I'm sooo sorry...

Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

posted      Profile for Mandin   Author's Homepage   Email Mandin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps I am overly naive, and overlooking what is a serious problem, but it appears to me that several of us are going a little overboard with the Cellscells thing. Indeed, I think the matter has been blown out of proportion by a goodly amount.
Please do not mistake me and suppose I am condoning Cellscells's action. However, I must reiterate the fact that it is just that: an action, not a habit of destructive rudeness. He caused a few of us a few brief moments of inconvenience in a joke that was not funny in the least, rather pointless, and a brief demonstration of what could have been only a brief moment of stupidity. However, to add to that, I must say that I have done mean things before to people at MT, many others have done mean things, and even GtW (the chap who Cellscells does not seem to be happy with) has done, as far as I have noticed, some mean things around here also.
I did review several of Cellscells latest posts, and true, some do seem tolerably annoying, but overall, he is not a bad citizen, but is right there in the middle. He is not overly stupid, nor overly intelligent. He is not overly nice nor polite, but, at least, this is my feeling, he has not portrayed enough rudeness of spirit to deserve what he is getting. Perhaps I am wrong, but I think we ought to be more careful, and it is not nearly time to bring up his name into a thread of this nature where WGW takes direct action against a citizen.

My thoughts.

From: Houston, Missouri | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lugbúrz
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 867

Rest assured Mandin, our Steward will not do such a thing. Patience is a great virtue, and he possesses it.
Cellscells
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1373

posted      Profile for Cellscells   Email Cellscells   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
He is not overly stupid, nor overly intelligent. He is not overly nice nor polite, but, at least, this is my feeling, he has not portrayed enough rudeness of spirit to deserve what he is getting.
[] [] [] [] [] [] [] []
Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Mandin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 415

posted      Profile for Mandin   Author's Homepage   Email Mandin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Cellscells, just my honest thoughts.
Yes, Lug, I know. But still. A little restraint on our part would do us as much good as a great deal of restraint on the part of our Steward.

From: Houston, Missouri | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Recent Disciplinary Action (Page 1)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  ...  63  64  65 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Open Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help