Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  34  35  36 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Here's your suggestion box, so stuff it! (Page 4)
Author Topic: Here's your suggestion box, so stuff it!
Aragorn_croatia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 492
posted      Profile for Aragorn_croatia   Email Aragorn_croatia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I think it would.
From: Atlanta, GA / South Kent, CT | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jóhnny, the Jester
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 579

posted      Profile for Jóhnny, the Jester   Email Jóhnny, the Jester   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
depends! well if you could put a limet of pictures per post you could maby get away with the space isuse and maby because of that people would post more. but you could have a 3 page limite then it must be stoped, or closed by a mod!

------------------
I'LL EAT YOU DOG!!!! BETTER RUN!!!!!!!!!!

From: Q-Tip | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caranthir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 28
posted      Profile for Caranthir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
there IS a pictures per post limit...
Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Fingolfin of the Noldor
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 156

posted      Profile for Fingolfin of the Noldor   Author's Homepage   Email Fingolfin of the Noldor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
From: Worcester, MA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jóhnny, the Jester
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 579

posted      Profile for Jóhnny, the Jester   Email Jóhnny, the Jester   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
well how-do-ya like that. but i ment for that surtan forum you get say a 3 pic limet just for that because 8 takes to long to load! E.G. the Lotr movir forum intitled "LOTR MOVIE PICS" i blive it take all most 20 mins or more to load so i dont know i think 3 per post would be good.this is the url i you dont beleave me! http://www.minastirith.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000065.html

This message has been edited by White Dwarf on 06-06-2001 at

From: Q-Tip | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 156

posted      Profile for Fingolfin of the Noldor   Author's Homepage   Email Fingolfin of the Noldor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Could you place 25 Hobbits links through out the site so it is easier to vote?
From: Worcester, MA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Boy, you sure can't please everybody!

I removed the 25 Hobbits link from the footer of every page to keep the clutter down. I make a separate link on the main page for all the voting links, and someone actually misses having banners on each page!

I am aware that voting has dwindled down to a fraction of what it once was. I don't feel this is due to the change in the voting links. There has been a steady downturn in the amount of voting done by our citizens. At the same time, there are now well over 10 other Tolkien sites that have realized the power of a top-ten spot on 25 Hobbits! It's getting harder and harder to stay near the top.

Maybe you and I vote often every day, but a lot of faithful citizens have taken to coming here less and less, and the new people coming in haven't made the connection that voting brings in more people and keeps the place fresh.

As most things, there are cycles in life. We are just having a lull in voting. All we need are a couple more motivated people and we will be right back up there.

BTW, I leave the voting window minimized so I can vote during the day without visiting the main page. I think this is a better solution than cluttering up every page with banners.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Virgil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 435
posted      Profile for Virgil   Email Virgil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Please excuse a dumb question. I am clueless on "voting". Want to be a supportive member and seek a site where I can figure this out or an explanation.

Told you it was dumb. I ain't blonde for nothin', ya know!!! It takes WORK!

------------------
I will take the ring, though I do not know the way.

From: Carlisle, PA, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jóhnny, the Jester
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 579

ok to to one of the voting links then click on the minas titrith name or baner. your vote wont show. a re-count is shown every 30 mins. hope this helps. and i think there should be a place in the faqs about voting because i made a thread because it is kinda confusing when you first join. at i think voting has been not great because iv noticed all the "VOTE" theards have not been made. it was like veryday that one would come out but no there only if we go out of the top 10!

------------------
"I have an unsatisfied desire to shoot well with a bow."
J.R.R. Tolkien

Eol the Dark Elf
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 411

posted      Profile for Eol the Dark Elf   Email Eol the Dark Elf   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is it enough to click on the link in the main page and then just close the window that appears, or do you have to go on to 25 Hobbits, for the vote to register?
From: Nan Elmoth | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I am amazed at the confusion over a seemingly simple thing. Oh well. Let's sort this out.

To vote:
a. Click on the voting link near the top of the main page of the Minas Tirith Forum. It's the one that says "Have you voted for Minas Tirith today?".

b. Click on the banner that says 25 Hobbits or on any other voting link.

c. Follow any instructions that the voting site may give, such as "Click here to enter".

d. That's it! You just voted!

White Dwarf is WRONG about clicking on the Minas Tirith banner. This is not a vote. It is called an out-hit.

Basically, there are two columns on the right at voting sites. The left of these is the votes or in-hits. In-hits are the votes that count toward the standings. The right number is out-hits which basically tells how many people clicked on your banner and visited your site from that voting site. This number is mostly unimportant except to tell how well the voting site is doing at getting people to visit your site. You can give a site unlimited out-hits, but in-hits (votes) can only be given every half-hour. It tracks your IP and prevents the same one from voting more than once in this time frame. Some sites have a different time frame, but a half hour is the norm.

Hope this clears up a few things. Now vote!

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jóhnny, the Jester
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 579

IM SOOOOOOOOO SORRY

Evenspire
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 689
posted      Profile for Evenspire   Email Evenspire   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Ever since the 25 Hobbits "Alliance" (between sites such as Mordor, Lugberz, Keysore, and others) disbanded, Lugberz and Mordor members and administrators have been filling up pages at Barrow Downs (not a member of the Alliance). Their themes are dismayingly violent at times and usually sexually explicit. I hope they don't spend much time here...
From: U | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Gaffer
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 695
posted      Profile for The Gaffer   Email The Gaffer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Just testing!!
From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 156

Welcome Gaffer!!
Menahem
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 323
posted      Profile for Menahem   Email Menahem   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I for one am against multiple voting-whats the point of making more than one vote a week or a month or....god forbid.. just voting once!
Just because members of other sites do it I don't think we should(or need to).

From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johan
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 572
posted      Profile for Johan   Author's Homepage   Email Johan   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I have a suggestion:
This website has very oppressing colours. Maybe you could change them to something like
on www.minastirith.com or maybe even having several colours to choose from(only for registered members, guests see this version).

From: Alberta | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 156

What are you talking about?

this site has one of the best color schemes to chang it wouldn't be right

Caranthir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 28
posted      Profile for Caranthir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think what he means is that at some sites, each member can choose from a variety of color schemes that they want to see, and perhaps it should be implemented here...but I'm pretty sure it couldn't be put into forums.
Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 374

posted      Profile for Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is there any way that you can make it so that we can edit the title of a thread? If I were to have a typo in the name of the thread, I would be really embarassed. I wouldn't want to delete such a thread if there were some good posts to it.

One other thing, I don't know if Nimruzir wants to post it again, but could you transfer his info about nasturtians at http://www.minastirith.com/ubb/Forum11/HTML/000075-2.html to the Long Expected Party thread? I was going to make a link, but if this thread was deleted, then the link would be useless.

Thanks WGW for your time and this wonderful site.

This message has been edited by Tuor on 07-25-2001 at

From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

I handle all the editing of the subjects. If you want something changed, you'll have to drop me a private message.

I can't transfer messages from one thread to another. I'd have to cut and paste the info from one thread to a new message in another. Since anyone can do that, I hope it doesn't have to end up being me. I'm pretty busy this week.

Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 374

posted      Profile for Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
OK.
From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ensa Lucis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 596
posted      Profile for Ensa Lucis   Email Ensa Lucis   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
How about a big intro image? perhaps something along the lines of:

(Original MT image by Rob Aaldijk @ http://home.wxs.nl/~radiant/Tolkien.htm)

This message has been edited by Ensa Lucis on 08-21-2001 at

From: England | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendilyon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 322

posted      Profile for Earendilyon   Author's Homepage   Email Earendilyon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yuck! That's really terrible Ensa!
From: Rivendell | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ensa Lucis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 596
posted      Profile for Ensa Lucis   Email Ensa Lucis   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
lol I know - I said something along the lines of. that one was whipped up in about 45 seconds as a suggestion. A polished, well thought out version would require more time.

------------------
Ensa Lucis
Fraudulent Teabags?

From: England | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Here's your suggestion box, so stuff it! (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  34  35  36 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help