Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  34  35  36 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Here's your suggestion box, so stuff it! (Page 3)
Author Topic: Here's your suggestion box, so stuff it!
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quality does most verily so go before quantity

This message has been edited by Gandalf The White on 05-07-2001 at

From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Virgil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 435
posted      Profile for Virgil   Email Virgil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I am hardly an expert here. This topic is being pretty well discussed under "ranking". I squint at having special areas where Many-posters can have exclusive access. Very quickly, MT will become click-ish. Some of us do not post very often ~ and some may feel that my posts are not terribly useful anyway, ;o) sigh ~ but, whether because of time contraints, or what, mega-posting is not something I can achieve. I thoroughly enjoy reading all your thoughts and chiming in on occasion.
It would be a shame for some of your comments to be lost to little folk like me (!) because you are in an Club.

------------------
I will take the ring, though I do not know the way.

From: Carlisle, PA, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Virgil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 435
posted      Profile for Virgil   Email Virgil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Oops, sorry about the extreme lack of proofreading & editing on the above...Shees.

------------------

From: Carlisle, PA, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor KingRichard
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 26

posted      Profile for KingRichard   Email KingRichard   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Sure, I'll bet you just wanted to get your post count upped again.

But in all seriousness, as someone who doesn't post that often but still enjoys Minas Tirith, I would agree with you that a special area would unfairly punish us...

All Hail,
KingRichard

From: U.S.A. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aragorn_croatia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 492
posted      Profile for Aragorn_croatia   Email Aragorn_croatia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
And I have to agree with KingRichard here,although I am in the top 25 posters

------------------
Namarie!Nai hiruvalye Valimar.Nai elye hiruva.Namarie!

From: Atlanta, GA / South Kent, CT | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Estel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 336
posted      Profile for Estel   Email Estel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is it posible to lower the lanuage used in the forum. Such as the "s" word and the "f" word ect, etc...
From: Pottstown PA USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Estel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 303

posted      Profile for Estel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well we should all say thank you to WGW. He has taken care of those troublesome posts very quickly. I happend to be on at the same time as him. I and I saw each one disappear slowly as he did them. It was actually pretty cool to watch.

Anyways
Thank you

------------------
What we do in life echoes in eternity - Maximus, Gladiator

From: PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Fingolfin of the Noldor
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 156

posted      Profile for Fingolfin of the Noldor   Author's Homepage   Email Fingolfin of the Noldor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yea I think he handled it very well:

THANKS!!!!!

From: Worcester, MA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aragorn_croatia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 492
posted      Profile for Aragorn_croatia   Email Aragorn_croatia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
THANK YOU WGW!!!

------------------

From: Atlanta, GA / South Kent, CT | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vens Arna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 377

posted      Profile for Vens Arna   Author's Homepage   Email Vens Arna   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Okay - how about this WGW: When a person gets to, um, say 1500 posts, RESET the post counter to 1?

I think I previously suggested eliminating the post count altogther (somewhere) but I'll suggest it again. Or how about a min/max number of words in the post? I get a little annoyed with wading thru all the 1 word posts in some of the threads.

------------------
He was the Wizard of a thousand kings.
And I chanced to meet him one night wandering.
He told me tales
And he drank my wine.
Me and my magic man kinda feelin' fine.

From: Oklahoma City, OK, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gram
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 24

posted      Profile for gram   Email gram   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Could the nick of the person making the last post be included in the Last Post column along with the time and date?
From: New Zealand | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aragorn_croatia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 492
Yeah,a great idea gram!I thought about it for a while.

------------------

Roll of Honor Marcho Blackwood - MSS
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 270

posted      Profile for Marcho Blackwood - MSS   Email Marcho Blackwood - MSS   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I like that idea! I'd find it more useful to see who posted the most recent message than the person who posted the first message 30 pages earlier.
From: Bindbale, North Farthing | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

posted      Profile for The Laurenendôrian   Email The Laurenendôrian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I suggested this a while back, and still agree with it. However Marcho, I think that on some topics, particularly RP threads, for instance, it is useful to know who started them.
From: Taruithorn | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aragorn_croatia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 492
Basicly we all agree on this,right?Let's make some time for WGW to think about it.

------------------

Jóhnny, the Jester
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 579

posted      Profile for Jóhnny, the Jester   Email Jóhnny, the Jester   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
would it be possible for the smiles to work in the sig. ya that is an idea
From: Q-Tip | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aragorn_croatia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 492
Nice idea,White Dwarf.

------------------

Vens Arna
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 377

posted      Profile for Vens Arna   Author's Homepage   Email Vens Arna   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
How about: When a topic has reached it's logical (or illogical as the case may be) end, someone (by agreement) posts '---End of Topic---' so WGW will know to archive (or delete) it?
From: Oklahoma City, OK, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aragorn_croatia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 492
Well,I don't know....
Jóhnny, the Jester
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 579

posted      Profile for Jóhnny, the Jester   Email Jóhnny, the Jester   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
ya lots of posts end and then new people come and find then and bring them back up and it gets going again. so nice idea but no

From: Q-Tip | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Virgil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 435
If there is a better place to address this, please tell me.

I have noticed (don't have to hit me over the head with a hammer) that some threads require lateral scrolling to read them.

I prefer, small person that I am, to be able to see postings without lateral scrolling. If I am just being lazy, let me know. Just seems a bit more user friendly to have all the words of wisdom RIGHT THERE for us!

Don't mean to whine... Well, Ok....

------------------

This message has been edited by Virgil on 06-04-2001 at

Jóhnny, the Jester
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 579

ok i do agree but some time its need for a long post! but some are just blabing all the time and are point less! so i think its fine and its not that many that are anyhoo!
Caranthir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 28
posted      Profile for Caranthir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
the reasons the lateral scrolling occurs is because someone posts a really long word without spaces (like "hahahahaha..." or "nooo...")

would you like me to demonstrate?

Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord of the Nazgul
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 534
posted      Profile for Lord of the Nazgul   Author's Homepage   Email Lord of the Nazgul   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Someone probably has already said it but I don't want to read through all the posts
1:make a forum called gallery for only pictures!

------------------
You dare stand in front of the Lord of the Nazgul!

From: Somewhere in Iowa | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Fingolfin of the Noldor
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 156

posted      Profile for Fingolfin of the Noldor   Author's Homepage   Email Fingolfin of the Noldor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
THat would take up waaaaaaaaaaaay (I couldn't bring myself to do it ) to much space
From: Worcester, MA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Here's your suggestion box, so stuff it! (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  34  35  36 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help