Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  34  35  36 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Here's your suggestion box, so stuff it! (Page 2)
Author Topic: Here's your suggestion box, so stuff it!
Miturian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 139
posted      Profile for Miturian   Email Miturian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
What about hiding the number of posts, so that you could only see it at the citizen-list? Though I know that guantity goes before quality, it is still hard to ignore +1200 posts.

------------------
If you haven't been at the bottom,
and climbed all the way up,
then you don't know what you're standing on.

From: Århus, Denmark | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Gandalf the White
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
that sounds like a pretty good idea miturian
From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caranthir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 28
posted      Profile for Caranthir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quantity goes before quality?
Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Fingolfin of the Noldor
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 156

posted      Profile for Fingolfin of the Noldor   Author's Homepage   Email Fingolfin of the Noldor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That isn't true aslong as your posts have merit you have just as much respect as everyone else.
From: Worcester, MA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elrond Half-elven
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 353
posted      Profile for Elrond Half-elven   Email Elrond Half-elven   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
How about an award for post of the week/month?

------------------
*** Pie Master of Middle-earth ***

From: Rivendell | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aragorn_croatia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 492
posted      Profile for Aragorn_croatia   Email Aragorn_croatia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Good idea Elrond!

------------------
Namarie!Nai hiruvalye Valimar.Nai elye hiruva.Namarie!

From: Atlanta, GA / South Kent, CT | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Galdor of the Tree
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 260
posted      Profile for Galdor of the Tree   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Because then people will have more pointless posts than they do now.
From: New Haven, CT | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

posted      Profile for Gandalf the White   Email Gandalf the White   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
he doesnt mean most posts of the week/month, he means BEST post of the week/month.
From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadow Gale
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 505
posted      Profile for Shadow Gale   Email Shadow Gale   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Completely RPG thread rooms. Name them "The First Age, The Second Age, and The Third Age."
Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caranthir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 28
why?
Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 156

posted      Profile for Fingolfin of the Noldor   Author's Homepage   Email Fingolfin of the Noldor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yea, most of them aren't even set in a specific age
From: Worcester, MA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earendilyon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 322

posted      Profile for Earendilyon   Author's Homepage   Email Earendilyon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
WGW, the link for voting on the Top 100 Fantasy sites doesn't work! Not for me at least!
From: Rivendell | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Their whole site is down.
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 374

posted      Profile for Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wrong thread, but I can't post to the chat thread, filter won't let me. For the same reason can't chat, just wanted people to know I'm not trying to be snobby or anything.
From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elrond Half-elven
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 353
posted      Profile for Elrond Half-elven   Email Elrond Half-elven   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
How about a new board for vs threads there is an awful lot of them out there and with the amount of characters in tolkiens work an awful lot more to come!

This message has been edited by Elrond Half-elven on 05-04-2001 at

Captain of Avatars
Citizen # 156

Would it be possible to add tengwar and cirith fonts to the advanced font properties p
Shadow Gale
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 505
posted      Profile for Shadow Gale   Email Shadow Gale   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
2 Suggestions:

How about another rank change at 500, 750, 1000, 1500.

And, make dwarven runes and tengwar script (at planet-tolkien.com) nder the normal font choices.

The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

posted      Profile for The Laurenendôrian   Email The Laurenendôrian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Shadow Gale, by 'Dwarven runes' do you mean the Cirth, as appeared on Thorin's map. These, I believe, are originally Elven characters, adopted, like the Tengwar, by dwarves and men. Anyhow, I agree: these fonts would be most welcome.

The extra rankings would encourage people to make pointless posts, I think.

This message has been edited by The Laurenendorian on 05-06-2001 at

From: Taruithorn | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadow Gale
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 505
Yeah, I guess.
But I think it would give some something to work harder for, too.
Anyway...

Caranthir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 28
By "work harder", you mean "post more", right?
Aragorn_croatia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 492
posted      Profile for Aragorn_croatia   Email Aragorn_croatia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Something to work harder...i am not certain,but it's a good sugesiton and WGW should consider it.

------------------
Namarie!Nai hiruvalye Valimar.Nai elye hiruva.Namarie!

From: Atlanta, GA / South Kent, CT | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 295

i would suggest for ranking just 500,1000, and 1500 and take out the 750.
Roll of Honor Marcho Blackwood - MSS
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 270

posted      Profile for Marcho Blackwood - MSS   Email Marcho Blackwood - MSS   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps the different levels of posting could be related to obtaining the passwords to specific circles of Minas Tirith.
From: Bindbale, North Farthing | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Laurenendôrian
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 106

posted      Profile for The Laurenendôrian   Email The Laurenendôrian   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Now that is a nice idea!
Except... it would be very hard to implement well.:

From: Taruithorn | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Nenya
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 238

posted      Profile for Nenya   Email Nenya   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The problem with different ranks is that a lot of people post a lot of pointless posts, just to reach the next rank...

And if the ranks is more than the honor, then it will be even worse. If there should be differnet circles in Minas Tirth I think that WGW (or maybe other future moderators) should dicide who is aloud to post in every forum. It is quite easy to get 1000 post i quite short time if you want to.

I think goes quality before quantity...

From: Sweden | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Here's your suggestion box, so stuff it! (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  34  35  36 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help