Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  34  35  36 
Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Here's your suggestion box, so stuff it! (Page 19)
Author Topic: Here's your suggestion box, so stuff it!
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
so many people I can think of deserve great praise, but there doesn't seem to be any way to honor them all.
There is a thread for that, if only I could remember enough of it to use for the search function []
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tar-Minastir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4001

posted      Profile for Tar-Minastir   Email Tar-Minastir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, i'm back here again.
*Everyone groans*
Sorry, it's just this statement by KingRichard from the Custom User Titles thread WGW posted the link to:
quote:
Speaking of honour, how about an "honour guard" type title for just general, all-around good citizens like Faramir?
What a wonderful idea! It would be a great way to honor large numbers of exemplary citizens.
From: Vermont | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the thread I thought of:

Honoring our fellow citizens

Talan said,
quote:
I think those people who do go so far as to set an example should be recognized. It's something to be highly respected. So I thought that it would be a good idea to create a thread for just that: honoring them for their consideration and civility, as well as their reasoned and uninflammatory remarks. Even better if people should express their respect for people with whom they often or usually disagree.
The thread only went on for two pages and then drowned in the deeps of the Pony. Go read it, and if you think more people should be mentioned in it, then post.
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thalion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4172
posted      Profile for Thalion   Email Thalion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Say WGW, I have seen that thread before and am still curious as to more specificly they did, that is sort of vague.
From: Hiding in a Filing Cabinet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
fran's and Fingolfin's contributions should be obvious.

TheGentleman's contribution has been to keep the wonderful All Newbie Questions Answered thread in The Floating Log. Aside from that, he has done much to keep peace, harmony, wit and humor within the walls in his many years here.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hidalgo
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1083
posted      Profile for Hidalgo   Edit/Delete Post 
This useful thread should be made sticky:
Name changes - RFP - Updated: 02-04-04, 22.23 GMT

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I am unworthy to remain a citizen of MT, so pay no heed to my words.

In Deo Spes Mea.

From: Madrid - Spain | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hildalgo: not everyone changes their names everyday tho.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Hi! My name is Telpy and I'm a Skittle-addict.

From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Dúnadan
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4227
posted      Profile for The Dúnadan   Email The Dúnadan   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Well i think it could be kind of funny with "a citizen of the month"-. you simply look at who have been behaving best then you nominate some and the you can vote. i don't know, something like that. i think it could be kind of funnyand maybe it could improve the way som people behave.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Sons of Gondor, of Rohan. My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come, when the courage of men failes, when we forsake our friends and brake all bands of fellowship, but it is not this day. an hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of men comes chrashing down. but it is not this day, this day we fight! by all that you hold dear on this good earth i bit you stand, men of the west!

From: Minas Tirith, Gondor, Middle Earth | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elros
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4259
posted      Profile for Elros   Author's Homepage   Email Elros   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] Silver Wolf definatley wouldn't win it! []

Neither would I. []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
I don't need your civil war
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor
Your power hungry sellin' soldiers
In a human grocery store
Ain't that fresh
I don't need your civil war

From: OBX NC | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tar-Minastir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4001

posted      Profile for Tar-Minastir   Email Tar-Minastir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Elros, you're always using the King smiley when you post. That confuses me, because whenever I see a king smiley I think it's one of my posts.
From: Vermont | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boromir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 239
posted      Profile for Boromir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think the thread The Real Population of Mt should be made sticky. It was a pretty good job, still being worked on, but will it ever be done?
Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thalion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4172
posted      Profile for Thalion   Email Thalion   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You guys, WGW can't sticky the entire first page of the pony, he has to use some prudence, which he does.
From: Hiding in a Filing Cabinet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you... []
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thalion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4172
No problem, and have you checked your email yet WGW?
Boromir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 239
posted      Profile for Boromir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I made that suggestion because it is a really well thought out, good thread. It pertains to MT in a way that most, if not all, threads in the Pony miss. That is whyi suggested him making that thread sticky.

Blessed Be
Boromir

Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Andreth
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1613

posted      Profile for Andreth   Author's Homepage   Email Andreth   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps some of these threads from the Pony that people think should be sticky could be recommended to be added to the 'Introduction to the Prancing Pony' thread. That way they would still be easy to find, they'd all be in one place, and they wouldn't all have to be sitting at the top of the forum all the time.

Just a thought...

From: Dorthonion | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elrond
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4242
posted      Profile for Elrond   Email Elrond   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Silver Wolf definatley wouldn't win it!

Neither would I.

What are you talking about?

By the way, the citizen of the month thing sounds good... but I think maybe if the citizens could vote for it... now that would be something. []

From: Wilmington, NC | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Roccowen Eilonwyiel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3727

posted      Profile for Roccowen Eilonwyiel   Author's Homepage   Email Roccowen Eilonwyiel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
*wonders if her suggestion was even read because it wasn't acknowledged*
From: waiting in a hall, watching a silhouetted figure through a doorway | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thalion
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4172
Well, we will have to remedy that, now won't we,
quote:
A suggestion totally unrelated to the topic at hand:
I have mentioned before and thought I would mention again the idea of having a printable view of this topic for PM's. Many times I would like to save or print out my PM's and have no way of doing so (unless I waste a lot of ink and paper printing). There are several others on MT who agree with this idea.

You asked for suggestions, so that was my two cents.

[]
E-I wrote one sentence and messed up my grammar, []

[ 04-05-2004, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Thalion ]

White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

Obviously that would require a software modification and I'm not sure if it will be included in the next upgrade.
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Silver Wolf definatley wouldn't win it!
Now I know how much i'm loved! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Hi! My name is Telpy and I'm a Skittle-addict.

From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Neytari Took-Baggins
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 490

posted      Profile for Neytari Took-Baggins   Author's Homepage   Email Neytari Took-Baggins   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
On Saving PMs: I copy paste them into notepad. Yeah, it's not as pretty, but it takes up a lot less room...I live in hope of an update that includes a Printable View for PMs []
From: California ainrofilaC | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Roccowen Eilonwyiel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3727

posted      Profile for Roccowen Eilonwyiel   Author's Homepage   Email Roccowen Eilonwyiel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't know that WGW, so I thought I'd see if it was possible.

And, Neytari, what is Notepad? I'm a Mac user and I haven't heard of it before and I don't know if I can get it. I can transfer the whole thing onto MSWord, but it would take and hour and a half.

From: waiting in a hall, watching a silhouetted figure through a doorway | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Notepad is a text editor, which doesn't give you any formatting of your text (no bold or italics or smileys), but because of that gives you very small files.
It gives you the text in plain ASCII - is that a common term with Mac?
I'm sure Mac would have some kind of plain text editor as well, but I don't know what the name would be - it's more than ten years since I last used a Mac (and then I mainly used QuarkXpress).

Elrond
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4242
posted      Profile for Elrond   Email Elrond   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if this has already been a suggestion...but how about all threads having polls? Some of the threads in the Prancing Pony are Literary related, and would fit best threre.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"A proud member of H.A.A.H.A.A."

From: Wilmington, NC | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Here's your suggestion box, so stuff it! (Page 19)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  34  35  36 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help