Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Minas Tirith banner design
Author Topic: Minas Tirith banner design
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 

Here's a banner I designed in case I crack the top 10 at 25Hobbits.

Wishful thinking for now, but you never know. I would love to get the 'official' website of LOTR out of the number one spot. Anyone who's accidently voted for that site wishes they could take their vote back. It's got terrible design and content.

Anyway, let me know what you think about this banner. Perhaps I will take suggestions or submissions for other designs.

Oh, and feel free to spread this banner around.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beregrond
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 10
posted      Profile for Beregrond   Author's Homepage   Email Beregrond   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
well, as it so happens, a friend of mine with whom I'm running LordoftheRings.nl at the moment is webmaster of 25 Hobbits, we could cut a deal
From: Vianen, Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amandil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 8

posted      Profile for amandil   Email amandil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
WGW:

Why don't you make this site into an actual Minas Tirith-Gondor-Dunedain-oriented site? I mean, still have the forums and discussion of any and all aspects of Tolkien's work, but specialize in and focus on Minas Tirith. Have images, text and articles focusing on the city. After all, there are hundreds of Tolkien sites and dozens of LOTR film-watch sites on the 'net, but there's only one MinasTirith.com. With the films about to reach 100 million or so new fans around the world, and with PJ's Minas Tirith about to dazzle the masses (hopefully) you'll have a much bigger audience.

You could make this site the destination for anyone interested in the seven-level Tower of Guard. You could...

Steve Martin's Viking character from SNL: Naaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh...

No, seriously- think about it.

Don't make the mistake this guy did. Strike while the iron is hot!

From: ny, usa | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I am actually working slowly toward that goal. My next long-term step after perfecting the forums is to simulate the libraries of Minas Tirith and have an indexed, hyperlinked reference to all knowledge of Middle Earth. I have an outline of what I want this to look and act like. There might be some room for galleries, but Minas Tirith should hold the knowledge of the whole of Middle Earth, not just itself. It would have to be an attempt at a complete gallery, and that would have to come much futher down the road.

I hope to get my vision together well before the deadline of next Christmas. That's when the REAL wave of fans will sweep across the net looking for a home. I hope to make Minas Tirith as great as it's name. When I plan for this site, there's a fire in my eyes that would make Ted Sandyman step backward.

From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
.... nearly 15 years ago in Chicago .....
From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

...aaaaand kids happened. []
Snöwdog
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 15

posted      Profile for Snöwdog   Author's Homepage   Email Snöwdog   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] [] Yes... they happen. []

My youngest was 10 back in August 2000. My 1st grandchild would be born in October, and she now fills my facebook feed with her teenage witticisms & photos of her and her friends.

From: In the Shadows of Annuminas | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Create a New Poll  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Minas Tirith Site Announcements » Minas Tirith banner design
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help