profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library

Minas Tirith Forums » Bag End Auctions » Eaglemoss Lord of the Rings chess set
Author Topic: Eaglemoss Lord of the Rings chess set
Gimli - Elf friend
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5416
posted      Profile for Gimli - Elf friend   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've recently started collecting the Eaglemoss Lord of the Rings chess set, but I've realised that they haven't yet released all the pieces. Does anyone know anything about the release dates?
Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

From: Minas Tirith | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elenár
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4322

posted      Profile for Elenár   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
WOW, it looks really good! []

[] The Witch King is the black queen. [] He wouldn't be impressed with that! []

Anyway, Eaglemoss in South Africa at least, was rubbish. Their things were hardly ever on time and most often damaged. I hope it works out, the chess board at least is gorgeous.

I am such a sucker for chess boards. I adore beautiful chess sets, but sadly, I suck as a chess player. partly, I suppose, due to my impatience and thinking far too many moves ahead. []

From: The glorious UK - for good! | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 374

posted      Profile for Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
From what I've learned in chess, it isn't thinking so many moves in advance, it is knowing what you can do at all, as well as recognizing opportunities that present themselves. Oh yes, it is also about the avoidance of presenting the other person opportunities.

If you can do that,then you can beat alot of people.

From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elenár
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4322

posted      Profile for Elenár   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Bah, I have right about given up on chess. On PC, I am very good at strategy games, even turn based ones, but I suck at chess. I know what all the units can do, but because I think so far in advance and I am impatient, I normally do a few moves ahead of where I am - which is why I lose. []
From: The glorious UK - for good! | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 374

posted      Profile for Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Evidently you aren't good enough to think several moves ahead. Change your approach. Play each move as if the board has totally changed. Play in the moment, not what you think the board will look like in the future.

I know I'm no where near being able to predict what an opponent is going to do, certainly not 2 or 3 moves into the future. Evidently neither are you.

From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gimli - Elf friend
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5416
posted      Profile for Gimli - Elf friend   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
anyhow, does anyone know anything about the chess pieces?
From: Minas Tirith | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Bag End Auctions » Eaglemoss Lord of the Rings chess set
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help