Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
Minas Tirith Forums » Bag End Auctions » Children of Hurin to Benefit Minas Tirith (Page 2)
Author Topic: Children of Hurin to Benefit Minas Tirith
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
posted      Profile for Thorin   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Going once, going twice, going thrice... sold! for $65 to the chess-playing Morgoth's Ring expert.

Thank you very much for participating, everyone! []

And congratulations to Tuor who will soon be in the possession of The Children of Hurin. He can feel satisfied that 100% of his winning bid is going to help in the costs of MT. [] []

From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wetwang
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1508

posted      Profile for Wetwang   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Tuor, good on yer mate [] []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Keep the earth under your feet, & clay on your fingers; wisdom in your bones, & have both eyes open!
That's Mr Wang™ to you!
This place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a supervisor with a submachine gun.

This bog is thick and easy...

From: West Sussex UK, well on the seafront in Bognor Regis actually! | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fangorn
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4070

posted      Profile for Fangorn   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yes.. Congratus Tuor..

I guess I will have to satisfy myself with a PCT upgrade. []

From: Bangalore | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 374

posted      Profile for Tuor   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Pete. I'm just glad your piggy bank gave out before my sock drawer. []

I tried to use Pay Pal to make the payment. It said I was successful, but I really don't trust those things.

WGW please let me know when you receive the payment. []

Fangorn,
quote:
I guess I will have to satisfy myself with a PCT upgrade.
I knew that one would work. []

[ 07-29-2007, 05:38 AM: Message edited by: Tuor ]

From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Gold Wielder
Steward of Minas Tirith
Citizen # 2

posted      Profile for White Gold Wielder   Author's Homepage   Email White Gold Wielder   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Payment received. This should take a dent out of the bills this month! Thanks for your generousity. []
From: Chicago | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm just glad your piggy bank gave out before my sock drawer.
Is that because you've filled it up with sock puppets? []

Congratulations! Enjoy your book! []
I suppose I might choose the Norwegian translation anyway, which was published as the same time as the English original.

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 374

Varnafinde,

I plan on enjoying my book. After reading some of it, I hope to have something new to discuss. That would be nice.

WGW,

No problem. I've been around here long enough. I figure it was about time to throw in a couple of dollars to the cause.

From: Oklahoma | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eluchil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5432
posted      Profile for Eluchil   Author's Homepage   Email Eluchil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I guess you could be interested about the way Tolkien treats fate / doom / malediction in CoH. This is clearer than in UT and Chapter XXI of the Silmarillion. Enjoy []

[ 07-29-2007, 02:54 PM: Message edited by: Eluchil ]

From: Menegroth, deep under the sea | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I just found a review which mentions just that.

I've linked to it in the Children of Hurin Book Reviews thread.

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
Shipped []
From: Helsinki | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 374

Excellent.

[ 07-31-2007, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: Tuor ]

Tuor
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 374

I got it today. I am really impressed with the art. Just from what I've read so far, it seems much easier to read than the Silmarillion.
Roll of Honor Thorin
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 816
When you are done, give us your review.
Eluchil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5432
posted      Profile for Eluchil   Author's Homepage   Email Eluchil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
By accident, I've twice that book. Anybody interested to buy one of them on the same lines ?
From: Menegroth, deep under the sea | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eluchil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5432
Well, nobody, so I will keep it for me ...
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Bag End Auctions » Children of Hurin to Benefit Minas Tirith (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help