Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Minas Tirith Forums » Bag End Auctions » COLLECTING TOLKIEN CALENDARS (Page 8)
Author Topic: COLLECTING TOLKIEN CALENDARS
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It's a great calendar.
Currently some of the links to the individual months aren't working, though.

March is
http://www.tolkiencalendars.com/calPictures/1977/AU77.jpg and should be
http://www.tolkiencalendars.com/calPictures/1977/AU377.jpg .
June is
http://www.tolkiencalendars.com/calPictures/1977/AU767.jpg and should be
http://www.tolkiencalendars.com/calPictures/1977/AU677.jpg .
Inside Back Cover is
http://www.tolkiencalendars.com/calPictures/1977/AU777IBC.jpg and should be
http://www.tolkiencalendars.com/calPictures/1977/AU77IBC.jpg .

Easy enough for you to edit, I assume.

Good to hear that your site wasn't lost and that you got help with it!

[ 12-28-2011, 01:12 AM: Message edited by: Varnafindë ]

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parmastahir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5320
posted      Profile for Parmastahir   Email Parmastahir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Varnafindë -

How VERY nice to hear from you! And WOOOOW! That's pretty cool that you figured out the errors in my programming!! (More so that you took the time to do it!) I just fixed those and they worked for me.

Yes, I am fortunate to know some very talented and helpful people. But we can not go it alone in this life, can we?

You may not have heard, but we are not publishing a HI/NETS calendar for 2012. Member participation in the smial had become almost nonexistent. So Anthony&Jessica have de facto closed it up and moved on to other interests (having published a Dr. Who book last year.)

Hope all is well with you! My best to you as always.

Away from The Green Hill Country,

Parm

From: Green Hill Country | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Your filenames were consistent enough to show where something was out of order, so it was fairly easy to find out what the filename was meant to be.

I noticed that you never announced a new calendar, so I checked on the HI/NETS site, and there was nothing new. I then (correctly) assumed you weren't making one this year. If there is no participation, there's no point in making an effort just to drag the group along.

But this means that I'm one of the collectors who've got the complete calendar collection []

From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parmastahir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5320
posted      Profile for Parmastahir   Email Parmastahir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Varnafindë -

You are indeed one of the fortunate (as I perceive it) few that have the entire set. The first in the series (2008) sold on eBay recently for US$42. (Have not seen any of the others there as yet.) I have a soft spot for that one, and it is now (apparently) collectible. Who would have thought that would occur?

Hope things are well with you!

Parm

From: Green Hill Country | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

quote:
May Calendar of the Month

Hello to All -

Posted the May Calendar of the Month at:

www.tolkiencalendars.com

This one is the FIRST 2012 calendar to come out. Admittedly, it's early in the year for a 2012 calendar to appear.

WARNING: Spoiler Alert!

This calendar is the Jef Murray ALEP 2 Fantasy Calendar. Jef created it and proceeds benefit A Long Expected Party 2 that is being planned. And Jef will sign the calendar that you purchase. You can find ordering information on his website. My copy arrived today. It's very nice and comes in a printed mailing envelope (a nice touch.)

Happy May to everyone!

Just wanted you to know that I finally decided to buy this calendar, and got it the other day. I like it very much!

It's similar in many ways to the series I've already got - where Jef contributed a lot as well.

Parmastahir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5320
Hulloo Varnafindë!

If you find it similar to the series that you already have, by which I think you mean the HI/NETS calendars, there is a reason. Jef liked my daughter's work so much that he went back to her to have his calendar printed. She worked with Jef to lay it all out and did all the printing and assembly. AND she sent the proof copy of it to me! Woo hoo! :-)

Always nice to read one of your posts. Hope things are well with you!

Parm

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

quote:
the series that you already have, by which I think you mean the HI/NETS calendars
I do indeed. []

About Jef getting her help - that's interesting to know! I like that layout as well.

I have signed up for Jef's newsletters now - not that I'm likely to buy his original works, the calendar format (and price range [] ) suits me better, but it's interesting to hear what he's doing.

I'm OK - in addition to my part-time job, I've got a job with proof-reading a magazine (4 issues a year) - pedagogics, which is my subject as a teacher. There are sometimes technical terms that are new to me, but I look them up to find the correct spelling []

I tend to insert a lot of what I feel to be missing commas. That's one reason why I couldn't proof-read English - you've got different rules for how to use commas and other signs, and I don't know enough about those rules ...

The Sherriff
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5427
posted      Profile for The Sherriff   Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm back.

I'm jumping in cold..

I read the books first in 1971, so I have the 1973-78 wall calendars and some appointment books... and the hokey coffee mugs, pins and bumper stickers of that time. For 4 years I had my "Keep on Tolkien" bumper sticker on my Celica.

From: The Shire | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Bag End Auctions » COLLECTING TOLKIEN CALENDARS (Page 8)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help