Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Minas Tirith Forums » Bag End Auctions » COLLECTING TOLKIEN CALENDARS (Page 4)
Author Topic: COLLECTING TOLKIEN CALENDARS
Parmastahir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5320
posted      Profile for Parmastahir   Email Parmastahir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Posted the Calendar of the Month for September this morning. It is a German language variant of a particular favorite of mine. Thus, it is somewhat uncommon.

Also added a German language Shire Reckoning calendar to the catalog. It is available in .pdf format from the creator's website.

Hope you enjoy them!

Away from The Green Hill Country,

Parmastahir

www.angelfire.com/tn3/tolkiencalendars

From: Green Hill Country | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parmastahir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5320
posted      Profile for Parmastahir   Email Parmastahir   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Made some fantastic acquisitions recently. Posted the complete collection of calendars (eighteen) from Colin Williams, a recently discovered illustrator, and a newly discovered variant of the 1974 A&U issue from New Zealand on my website today:

Hope you enjoy them. As always, interested in your comments and visits.

Happy Autumn to all!

Parmastahir

From: Green Hill Country | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parmastahir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5320
Hello to all -

Posted the new Calendar of the Month for October today. It is the first of a series of three calendars from The Hobbit from Colin Williams. (OK, that pretty much tells you what November and December will be!) You can find it at:

And the first of the 2008 calendars are out - which you can also find on my website. Hope you enjoy them. As always, would love to hear your comments and/or questions!

Parmastahir

Parmastahir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5320
I added a new Tolkien calendar to my collection and website last weekend. It is the 2008 Middle-earth Fellowship calendar, and is very unusual in that the illustrations are based on "Tales Twice Told The Folklore of Middle-earth". Only 10 have been printed for members. As always, your comments are welcome!

Parmastahir

Parmastahir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5320
Received the 2008 calendar from Eldalie. You can find it in either the chronological or society listings at:

As always, would love to hear from you if you have any questions about Tolkien calendars.

Parmastahir

Parmastahir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5320
Updated the Calendar of the Month feature for November. Hope you enjoy the second in this series.

Parmastahir

Parmastahir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5320
I have collected a LOT of Tolkien calendars. Now a first for me. I have been working with Ted Nasmith and Jef Murray to create a calendar for Heren Istarion (The Northeast Tolkien Society). Anthony and Jessie, the cochairs of NETS, are having difficulty keeping the Society solvent (without dipping further into their own pockets!) As they have done so much for Tolkien fans (including organizing the '08 MythCon in Connecticut next year) and as I have been wanting to create a calendar, I have taken the responsibility to create this one. All proceeds will benefit HI. Ted and Jef have contributed some amazing illustrations (some of them previously unpublished!) I am working with my daughter (a graphic designer) to lay out the calendar. It will be in the Shire Reckoning format with Gregorian dates, moon phases, and important dates in Middle-earth added. You can check out its cover by Jef (and support HI should you order one) at:

www.herenistarion.org

Thanks!

Parmastahir

p.s. - I am hoping that a plug for this calendar does not offend anyone or run afoul of any forum rules. It is for a good and completely non-commercial cause. (I will certainly abide by any decisions that a moderator may make!)

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for letting us know about this (We know your real name now.... Bwuahahahah! [] ). I have sent an email asking them to calculate my shipping costs. It looks beautiful! []
From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parmastahir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5320
Hello Athene -

THANK YOU on behalf of Heren Istarion for your interest. As I am coordinating the production of this calendar, I have received Ted's and Jef's artwork and I will only say that this calendar is going to be excellent. It will certainly be the best of all that any Tolkien Society has issued (and there are many as you will know from my website!) I am meeting with my daughter on Saturday. She is a graphic designer and will layout and print it. I am really excited about the artwork, the format (Shire Reckoning), and this project in total!

And as to my real name, it would not be hard to find that out. I post in many Tolkien forums and know many Tolkien enthusiasts (and can their real names to their usernames without any problem) and that has been posted more than a few times. But that is no issue for me whatsoever.

Phil (Parmastahir)

p.s. - The Green Hill Country refers to my residence: Vermont (The Green Mountain State).

Parmastahir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5320
I have posted the Calendar of the Month for December. It is the third in a series titled "Bilbo Baggins and the Fourteen" by Colin Williams.

Also, please consider supporting Heren Istarion by purchasing one of their 2008 calendars. It will contain illustrations by Ted Nasmith and Jef Murray and be in the Shire Reckoning format. You can check it out here:

www.herenistarion.org

For those who have ordered, we have still to receive the CD with Ted Nasmith's illustrations. It was mailed eight days ago. Even by airmail, I expect it to take 10 day to 2 weeks. Hopefully, it will arrive early next week and we will be shipping the calendar soon after.

Happy December to all!

Parmastahir

Parmastahir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5320
I received 60 copies of the Heren Istarion calendar from my daughter (who designed and printed them) on Friday and mailed out 58 of them on Monday. These calendars sold very well (obviously) and the support of HI is very much appreciated.

Happy Holidays to all!

Parmastahir

Mithrennaith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5239
posted      Profile for Mithrennaith   Author's Homepage   Email Mithrennaith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
S**t! I wanted to order one of these, but totally forgot about it. And there hasn't been much to remind me ...
From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] I too haven't got around to ordering one. Are there likely to be any left after the New Year?
From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parmastahir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5320
ALL IS NOT LOST! Rene van Rossenberg ordered 10 for Tolkienwinkel (and those were among the many that I mailed on Monday). We also have a request (received today) from Malcolm of the Tolkien Society. He wants to get 15 (perhaps 25) for their members. So you may (1) get one very shortly from Rene or (2) simply place an order via the link (and instructions) that you will find at www.herenistarion.org as we are probably going to do another print run. (And I have two in hand from the first run that are not spoken for right now!)

And if I do say so myself, the calendar is brilliant! The single page (Afteryule illustration and calendar page) that Jessie put on the HI website does not do this calendar justice. Much credit is due Ted, Jef, and Catherine who gave permission to use their illustrations and to my daughter Megan who designed it. (All those tuition payments for her BFA Graphic Design pay off!) And the fact that it is a SR calendar is what intrigued Malcolm and induced his enquiry after it. On behalf of Anthony/Jessie and HI, thanks for your interest!

Parmastahir

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I've sent you an email ...
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mithrennaith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5239
posted      Profile for Mithrennaith   Author's Homepage   Email Mithrennaith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'll prod René then ... []

e: René prods back, and has set aside a copy for me. []

[ 12-22-2007, 12:35 AM: Message edited by: Mithrennaith ]

From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parmastahir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5320
I had heard from René that the package had arrived safely and told him that you would be contacting him. I value your opinion and would love hear your comments on it. I am (admittedly) biased, but I think it's wonderful! I am very pleased to be associated with its production.

With my best wishes to you and all Minas Tirith members for a VERY Merry Christmas and happiness and health in the New Year,

Parmastahir

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Parmastahir, I tried (several days ago) to reply in the affirmative to the email you sent me. This morning I got notice that the email could not (after several attempts) be delivered. Is there a different email address I can use? I hope you're reading this post fairly soon - if email doesn't work, then I don't know how reach you otherwise. Do you read PMs?
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parmastahir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5320
Hi Varnafindë -

I will hold the last one for you (having sold the other on Friday to a colleague at work who wanted one for a friend who's a Tolkien fan). That's the end of the first printing! I'll ask Jessie to confirm your order and mailing address and will get it right out to you upon receiving same. I'll also write back to you from my home email address so you will have that for your use.

Happy New Year!

Parmastahir

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Thank you ever so much!
And a Happy New Year to you as well!

Parmastahir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5320
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JRRT!

A happy eleventy-sixth to the Professor!

Parmastahir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5320
Happy New Year, All!

Updated the Calendar of the Month on my website:

Hope you enjoy this one (a current favorite!)

Parmastahir

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

Once again I was unsuccessful in attempting to answer your email (I tried to mail you from your site, using a different account than last time, but same problem occurs. I receive mail that you send me from that address, but my mail doesn't get through when I try to answer.

I'll send you a PM instead, with the text of that email, and hope that you'll read it soon ...

Parmastahir
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5320
The email failure is a pain but your persistence paid off and I did get your MT PM and c/o business address. I replied from my home address but will not assume that it reached you. (But I think, if I understand your emails correctly, that the email problem is from you to me and not vice versa). In any case, you should order your copy via the Heren Istarion website: www.herenistarion.org They accept PayPal which makes the payment easy. Even though I picked up the second printing (30 more copies) this evening, I am still holding the last copy of the first printing for you. I let Jessie know of your pending order and asked her to confirm it to me ASAP so that I could post your copy right away. Thanks!

Parmastahir

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

I've been on a very shaky connection today - I keep losing my internet connection and have to log on again. Twice earlier today I've tried to do business on PayPal, only to lose my connection before I was through with the process.

Just now I made it, though! You should get it confirmed from her soon. The connection was still very slow, so it took me nearly twenty minutes. Did you mention persistence? []

And I did receive your email. You're right, the problem is one way only.
Thanks a lot for your help! []

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Bag End Auctions » COLLECTING TOLKIEN CALENDARS (Page 4)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help