Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  11  12  13 
Minas Tirith Forums » Bag End Auctions » The Artist's Inn ..... Top 3 (Page 3)
Author Topic: The Artist's Inn ..... Top 3
Roll of Honor The Woodwose
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3503

posted      Profile for The Woodwose   Email The Woodwose   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's really neat (hasn't that word become quaint?) Losty. Did you edit it in photoshop to give it the light?

Aina, unfortunately, the actual drawing will be done on a larger piece of paper and it will be diamond shaped, so I might not be able to scan it in.

From: I'm a wose darn it! I live in the WOODS!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

posted      Profile for Lostfiniel   Email Lostfiniel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you both.

I added the color and I tried to smooth out Canti since metal is supposed to be....smooth. I didn't do a very good job of that though

From: Carlsbad, California | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eledhsúle
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1980

posted      Profile for Eledhsúle   Author's Homepage   Email Eledhsúle   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Photobucket decided(okay, it was luck) that my work could stay, so most of them should pop up again. []

Now, I did one more just couple of days ago, it's called "Forgotten Goddess".

-

Sleeping Egyptian Goddess Kaia.

Forgotten for such long ages that she has fallen asleep, and in her Tomb she has slept for so long that even night's moonlight doesn't reach her. Only the glow of her divine skin lights her deep sleep.

She is waiting for someone to remember her.

Bigger Picture

Good to be back. []

From: Finland | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elyrka Redsmith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3054

posted      Profile for Elyrka Redsmith   Author's Homepage   Email Elyrka Redsmith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Eled - wow, that's amazing! []

Okay, I've recently been getting more and more into photo manipulation... So here's something I made for an on going project to make a whole load of eye manipulations.

From: On the wind in the wires. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Maiden
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4389

posted      Profile for White Maiden   Email White Maiden   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] there's so much amazing work posted while I've been away []

Losty, as always you work is [] (I love the Mobster)
Woody Anne Frank is beautiful, I really admire the style in which you use kinda loose lines, and yet your work is so precise []
Eled you have yet another character to add to your impressive folio [] Each of your characters have their own stories and lives- it's so wonderful to be able to admire the art, but also to know what has inspired it []
And Elyrka , I'm a girl who doesn't have a skerrit of talent in that area, but from just looking [] that is so very effective- I just want to keep looking at it []

From: New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3503

posted      Profile for The Woodwose   Email The Woodwose   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Anne Frank is beautiful, I really admire the style in which you use kinda loose lines, and yet your work is so precise
Yeah, it did turn out looking kind of cool but it was for accidental reasons. I had to make the draft before I came to class and I didn't find out which day until the day before, right before I had to go to work (where I would be at all day and unable to draw it). So I had to draw it really fast. []

Anywho, Here is one of my dad in his Navy days.  -

Actual image:  -

I made this as part of his Christmas present, I haven't seen him in a while so I wanted to do something special.

[ 02-01-2005, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: The Woodwose ]

From: I'm a wose darn it! I live in the WOODS!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Maiden
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4389

posted      Profile for White Maiden   Email White Maiden   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That's fantastic! I truly think that is your best likeness yet! It is so hard to capture identity it a drawing, and now I'm insanely jealous. O.K I've done quite a bit more since I last posted, as it was exam leave and I drew instead of studying [] - So I will be back- but I couldn't resist in saying congratualtions Woody.

Edit- Umm, my first is called 'At the May Dance'
It's based on a scene from Thomas Hardy's 'Tess of the D'Urbervilles'. It's in oils, and came out a little blurry with the photo I took- []

[ 11-24-2004, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: White Maiden ]

From: New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elyrka Redsmith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3054

posted      Profile for Elyrka Redsmith   Author's Homepage   Email Elyrka Redsmith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
White Maiden - that is very, very beautiful.

Woodwose - a great likeness! []

From: On the wind in the wires. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3503

Thank you WM and Elyrka. I'm glad you can see him in my drawing. If you can, hopefully he will. However, I am surprized that nobody commented on how good looking my dad was. []

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

White Maiden, she's beautiful! (As are your other paintings.) Did you just imagine the character in your mind, and then paint her?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's one I drew then used a charcoal affect on. I got too lazy to finish either one (it took forever as it was) but it almost looks like I did it intentionally so it's all good. []

Eager

Eagle and Tiger = Eager []

Roll of Honor Braeden Fireheart
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1953

posted      Profile for Braeden Fireheart   Author's Homepage   Email Braeden Fireheart   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful tiger, Woody.
From: Mnemosyne's loft | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erendis
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1248

posted      Profile for Erendis   Author's Homepage   Email Erendis   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wee, haven't been here in a while. Like 2 threads ago... Glad to see people keep producing beautiful stuff to look at. []
The last page alone is great. The "Eager" looks great, Woodwose. Especially the tiger part.
Eled, I loved that goddess. The black around her really gives that 'forgotten' impression.
White Maiden, every picture of yours is always more beautiful than the last.
Also, Elyrka, nice eye! I have lots of fun messing with pics I take too. []

To stay on topic here's something I drew last night in a spur-of-the-moment thingy. Gareas
As I can't really draw original stuff, I copy most of what I draw. This one is straight from this manga scan. In my version, I think he lost most of his expression and the eyes came off really odd, but oh well. []

From: Buenos Aires | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Gamgee
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2395

posted      Profile for Sam Gamgee   Email Sam Gamgee   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Here something I did on the my PC. Not very good, but wut the heck.
 -

(just wait a second for it to load)

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elyrka Redsmith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3054

...That is disturbing in the extremes. [] []

I've started toying with photography, and taking pics all over the place, especially of the sky. Here's one of sunrise over my street.

White Maiden
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4389

Thanks everyone [] , Woody, I can't take the credit for making her entirely up- she was inspired by the BBC version []
Elyrka- That sunrise is beautiful, you're very lucky to have such a view! [] I've never seen another photo on this thread before.

O.K, I have been planning to start a new painting- one I will actually dedicate some real time to (as the rest of mine, even the oil paintings only take about a day to finish). I've been meaning for a long time to paint a scene from 'The Mists of Avalon' [] , and so I've been doing studies of characters to fit into my painting []

Morgaine- yet again(this one is from my own head, and so naturally will need a lot more work before I can get her right)
Accolon
Uriens
These, are only studies though []

Elyrka Redsmith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3054

White Maiden - I really like those! []

I'm already looking forward to your next work, too.

Oh, and I do have to admit, the sunrises here can be amazing, quite different compared to the red-orange-yellows.

Laithaine
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 4928
posted      Profile for Laithaine   Email Laithaine   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I have this listed in a separate thread, but I wanted you all to see it. This is a sample of my calligraphy within a design created by one of my closest friends.
Elvish Tengwar Calendar

I hope you like it. The middle closeup picture is best, but the colors really don't come through altogether!

Laithaine

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Strive for Immortality

From: Shadowvale | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Celebrían
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2057

posted      Profile for Celebrían   Email Celebrían   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Very beautiful work, Laithaine! I know it takes much time and concentration to write in tengwar. []
From: First Homely House, Rivendell, Eriador | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3503

Calligraphy has been called the highest form of art.

Very good work!

Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

posted      Profile for Lostfiniel   Email Lostfiniel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I just opened up my new scanner []

I'll get better stuff up later but I wanted to try it out with this really quick sketch I did a while back in an airport. I'm all happy you can actually see it and the paper is white. Like a dream come true!

-

[ 12-25-2004, 03:02 AM: Message edited by: Lostfiniel ]

From: Carlsbad, California | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You can't get better stuff than that, Losty - you've totally captured a mood there. It's really wonderful, what a knack.
[] [] []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

*forgot about her last post*

Thank you []

*bump*

I know there are a lot of things wrong with this which is why I'm thinking it will stay a sketch...but I wanted to bump this place and I was bored earlier so....

Beware the nudity
[]

E: Messed with it some

[ 01-11-2005, 04:36 AM: Message edited by: Lostfiniel ]

White Maiden
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4389

[] Losty! []
wonderful as always- my awe grows with each new piece []

Kharn
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5044
posted      Profile for Kharn   Email Kharn   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, hello!

Came across this thread doing a search for artwork & drawings. Always interested in seeing the talents of other people, Tolkien-related or not. I guess I'll add three of my best, two were done on my personal computer and took an estimated time of about five to six hours. The last one is Tolkien related but was done in one of my sketch pads.

The first two pictures are H.P Lovecraft inspired, though you could almost say that the second could be Tolkien-related; but I beg to differ. []

The High House

-

If you really want to delve into what inspired me to create this: it's based on the short story from Lovecraft entitled 'The Strange High House in the Mist'

The Pillars of Dreaming

The link above directs you to my second piece, which according to some of my friends that have read LotR reminds them of Moria. I had to make it a link because it's wallpaper size (1024x768), but that also lets you see some of the detail a little better. Though, I'll admit there's not a lot. []

The Fell Beast

-

My view of the fell beasts the Ringwraith's used as mounts. Took me two-three hours to complete. I was originally going to try and have the beast crushing a horse, but it turned into a rock because I'm not too keen on drawing horses as of yet. [] Was also planning on putting the Witch-King riding on top, but I ended up leaving that out as well because I was afraid if I messed up it'd ruin the mood of the sketch.

I've really liked a lot of the sketches and paintings I've seen here, I'll have to go back and look at them more. []

If the images above take up too much of the screen I can always condense them all to links. Just complain and I'll edit []

From: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Maiden
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4389

Welcome to Minas Tirith Kharn, it's always exciting to find a new artist []
As a rather traditional painter/drawer I can never properly comment on the technical side of work like 'The High House' and the 'Pillars of Dreaming'. However, that may be all for the best as I can tell you that for an observer they are stunning [] The pillars are subtle but oh so effective against the black.
'Smaug' on the other hand I can comment on, and I have to say that I love your drawing style- your stokes are light and precise, and only faint shading makes the picture faultless []

Kharn
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 5044
posted      Profile for Kharn   Email Kharn   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks White Maiden, for the welcome and the comments. []
From: West Palm Beach, FL | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Bag End Auctions » The Artist's Inn ..... Top 3 (Page 3)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  11  12  13 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help