Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13 
Minas Tirith Forums » Bag End Auctions » The Artist's Inn ..... Top 3 (Page 2)
Author Topic: The Artist's Inn ..... Top 3
Roll of Honor The Woodwose
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3503

posted      Profile for The Woodwose   Email The Woodwose   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Come on people, I need to see some art!

*bump*

From: I'm a wose darn it! I live in the WOODS!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eledhsúle
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1980

posted      Profile for Eledhsúle   Author's Homepage   Email Eledhsúle   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
That is really nice, all of you really, Aina I can see you love Arwen... []

I'll be posting something in a short while... right now I'm way too busy, RL tiny time crisis. []

From: Finland | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aina Moja
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1962

posted      Profile for Aina Moja   Author's Homepage   Email Aina Moja   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Aina I can see you love Arwen...
It's something of a sickness, actually. []

Ugh! Something erased my album at photobucket! I don't know what the heck happened, but all my pictures are gone! Gah! []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
They miss the whisper that runs any day in your mind,
“Who are you really, wanderer?”—
and the answer you have to give no matter how dark
and cold the world around you is: “Maybe I'm a king.”
William Stafford

From: The Back of A Camel | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Maiden
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4389

posted      Profile for White Maiden   Email White Maiden   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Woody that new drawing of yours is great- hands are quite impossible for me to draw []
Um... I have a few new quick drawings, nothing special []

Katherine I was watching Henry V and this is sort of Emma Thompson []

Rosie This is a sketch of my younger sister

-
The Hahei Coast line. I was staying at a friends beach house and took a walk up to an old Pa site, the view was so amazing I just pulled out my pad and sat down on the wet grass. It's a little rushed, as after about 15 minutes my hands turned numb []

[ 10-03-2004, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: White Maiden ]

From: New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eledhsúle
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1980

posted      Profile for Eledhsúle   Author's Homepage   Email Eledhsúle   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Update Friday Oct 1st 8:00 AM MST
All the albums have been recreated and everybody should be able to login now. If your album is empty, you were one of the people effected by the loss and you will need to re-upload your pictures.

Unfortunately Photobucket.com has suffered a catastrophic raid failure. This morning the same array that had been giving us problems earlier, crashed. We use Raid 5 on everything but the logical volume was corrupt and unrecoverable. We are rebuilding the disk now and then will recreate all of the albums which should be done late tonite. You will need to re-upload your pictures. If you had a paid account, we will refund your money or add 3 months to your subscription end date, whichever you prefer. This is a sad day for all of us here at Photobucket.com. The albums effected were V's v465-v499. We are truly sorry to those that lost their albums.

The Photobucket Team

P.S: I lost one of my three accounts. []

[ 10-02-2004, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: Eledhsúle ]

From: Finland | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aina Moja
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1962

posted      Profile for Aina Moja   Author's Homepage   Email Aina Moja   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, definitely my album was deleted. Not only that, but my Arwen picture was deleted from my computer! Narrhhhh, I am having a really bad month so far. []
From: The Back of A Camel | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Arwen of Mac Bride after playing around with it.
 -

Same fate had his Galandriel
 -

And while I'm at it, why leave Liv out of it?
 -

Basicly I have done some that are far better but for the time being I am unable to upload them to photobucket.
As one can imagine, I am builting (slowly but steady) an altar to all the figures of Tolkien work with tempered images of them. My bedroom will look so [] when I'm done []

From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3503

posted      Profile for The Woodwose   Email The Woodwose   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
White Maiden, I wish I could draw scenery like you. Though not in a twisted envious sort of way. []

It looks great. (Referring to the Hahei Coastline of course)

The Wild Man

From: I'm a wose darn it! I live in the WOODS!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Given that the experimentation goes on...

This is the original pic (by the way, I love Blanchet's face, she has the best bone structure I have ever seen)

-

This is the first, a bit darker as a whole but her eyes look demonicaly interesting.
 -

This is a in a shade of grey, like a stamp..
 -

One of my favourites
 -

And this is possibly the one I like most.
 -

From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Maiden
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4389

posted      Profile for White Maiden   Email White Maiden   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[] I'm truly sorry to hear that your work was lost Eled , Everything you posted here was absolutly beautiful []

Thank-you Woody , I'm a little relieved to hear that you envy me on one aspect, while I'm totally jealous of your ability to capture character (yes, in the sick, deluded kind of way [] )

[] Arien you are indisputably correct about Cate's bone structure and I love the way you've managed to enhance it [] []
Edit- though I've decided that I like the 2nd to last one best of all.

[ 10-06-2004, 03:57 AM: Message edited by: White Maiden ]

From: New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3503

quote:
I'm a little relieved to hear that you envy me on one aspect, while I'm totally jealous of your ability to capture character (yes, in the sick, deluded kind of way )
LOL Yeah, but don't give up on yourself. For me it was something that came with age. I couldn't draw anything but stick figures up until I was about thirteen (that would be five years ago). You already have considerable talent and you will only get better as you get older. So give yourself a couple of years. You already put me to shame now, just wait 'til then! []
Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

posted      Profile for Lostfiniel   Email Lostfiniel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend took a picture of the drawing I did for him and he says it's ok for me to post it around here so this is the drawing of a 20's guy I did for him. Pencil on computer paper.

Mobster

[ 10-15-2004, 01:18 AM: Message edited by: Lostfiniel ]

From: Carlsbad, California | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3503

That's stinkin' awesome Lost! Seriously. []

... Here is a little something that I did for fun [] :

-

Aina Moja
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1962

Poor, poor Mr. Bean...

( [] )

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
William Stafford

Elyrka Redsmith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3054

posted      Profile for Elyrka Redsmith   Author's Homepage   Email Elyrka Redsmith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a little photo manipulation that I was doing today... It's part of my legs, by the way. []
From: On the wind in the wires. | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3503

Actually Aina that's a pic of Ralph Nader. Get it? Darth Vader, Darth Nader.

I thought it was funny. [] []

[ 10-21-2004, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: The Woodwose ]

Aina Moja
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1962

I know! I've always thought he resembled Mr. Bean...Apparently it's just me. []
Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

posted      Profile for Lostfiniel   Email Lostfiniel   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
 -
 -

From: Carlsbad, California | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aina Moja
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1962

I know, I know, it's just me...
BTW, if you guys go HEREthere's a really funny flash movie about dear old Ralphie.

I don't remember if I already mentioned this but I am (slowly) working on a series of portraits of people I consider my heroines. Hopefully, if my uncle gets his butt in gear I will have a digital camera/scanner to use in the near future... []

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
William Stafford

Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

It's not just you Aina, you are right. It's not their faces that resemble, it's their eyebow muscles that do. If one looks closely at the way they move them, he'll see that they bare great similarities.

And that means that somebody has a good eye for such things, I am seriously and utterly impressed Aina, I realy am []

Aina Moja
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1962

Thanks, Arien!
[] *Feels Special* []

[ 10-24-2004, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: Aina Moja ]

Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3503

*bump*
 -

This is a draft sketch of Anne Frank that I did for an upcoming art project. []

Aina Moja
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1962

Me likey! Very pretty. I can't wait to see it finished! []
Roll of Honor Lostfiniel
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2983

This is for a contest I'm entering. Based on 2 anime characters. The story behind them: Mamimi (the girl both bent over and used as the background plays this video game where, to get rid of evil, you burn down towns. In the Video game there is a God you work for named Canti. The robot came from out of another character's head. She thinks he's Canti so I drew her lighting fire for him.

Yeah

here

(not my drawings)
Mamimi

Canti-
 -

[ 11-01-2004, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: Lostfiniel ]

Aina Moja
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 1962

Ohhhh, wow! I like the "monochromatic" style. It fits very well with the background of the piece. Dark [] light and so on. I'm just babbling now. VERY AWESOME, LOSTY! []
Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Bag End Auctions » The Artist's Inn ..... Top 3 (Page 2)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5  ...  11  12  13 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help