Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13 
Minas Tirith Forums » Bag End Auctions » The Artist's Inn ..... Top 3 (Page 12)
Author Topic: The Artist's Inn ..... Top 3
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Is that Maedhros with long hair?
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Dread Pirate Roberts
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2117
posted      Profile for The Dread Pirate Roberts   Email The Dread Pirate Roberts   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I think it is Fëanor. His family pic shows him coming in from work while his sons are children, and he has short hair. There is no reason to think his hair couldn't have grown in the meantime. On my screen the hair in the pic is dark brown, highlighted by the red of flames and perhaps some blood. Fire is the only light around at the time of the Kinslaying, if you'll recall.

Her Maedhros pics have definitively red hair. This pic is definitely not Maedhros. Hair length is subject to change but color is less likely to change.

From: Blacksburg, VA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
It is interesting what you say about fire illuminating the hair - Fëanor had black hair but them it might be him? But looking to the humiliation picture Maedhros has long hair there (whereas it is short afterwards) so I think it might be him as well.
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Dread Pirate Roberts
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2117
posted      Profile for The Dread Pirate Roberts   Email The Dread Pirate Roberts   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
The pic title is swaying me, also. Fëanor is most likely to be named the Kinslayer, while another character would more likely be named "Maedhros at the Kinslaying" or something.

Could be she left the specific name off intentionally just so the viewer could decide. If that's the case, I'll say it's Fingon, since he's my favorite.

From: Blacksburg, VA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
OK, the colour has come out really badly on this photo. Her eyes are blue and silver IRL, and her dress is deep blue (that that I have completed of it). N.B. Hair with stars in it is very time-consuming to draw [] :

-

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful!

[]

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
At the moment her skin tone is very light; I'm going to add shadows once the rest of it is finished. My plan is to have the background very dark and starry, like Arien's picture.
From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I really like it! She looks very much the way I imagine her in the book.
From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

I tend to draw non-humans with oversized eyes on purpose, but I kind of wish I hadn't now because she looks a bit weird. [] But I'm really pleased with the effect of the stars in her hair; I was worried about it but it's coming out very well. And the filigree jacket is beautiful; full props to Arien for her costume design. []

I've been giving some thought to the equipment that will be visible in the Fëanor pic. No, not that kind of equipment. [] [] ( [] ) []

Eluchil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5432
posted      Profile for Eluchil   Author's Homepage   Email Eluchil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Though I really like your picture, for me, she's not Varda, she's too much "incarnated" (yeah, difficult to put a word on that feeling [] ).
From: Menegroth, deep under the sea | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

quote:
I've been giving some thought to the equipment that will be visible in the Fëanor pic. No, not that kind of equipment.
Stop teasing me! [] [] []

[ 03-13-2008, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: Amárië ]

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Her Maedhros pics have definitively red hair. This pic is definitely not Maedhros. Hair length is subject to change but color is less likely to change.
On her deviantart-page for this picture, Jenny Dolfen says,
quote:
Drawn again for Anna, Spanish Maedhros fan extraordinaire. She has finally convinced me Maedhros should have long hair... at least before his captivity. Not sure yet whether I'll allow him to grow it back after his rescue.
So Kinslayer seems to be Maedhros after all.
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Dread Pirate Roberts
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2117
[]
I like questions so much better than answers... []

Roll of Honor Varnafindë
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4097

posted      Profile for Varnafindë   Author's Homepage   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
We're back to the "is the artist right in his own interpretations" again, aren't we?
From: Narnia, also connected with Norway | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Dread Pirate Roberts
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2117
With a picture, there is little to debate, unlike texts. She says it is Maedhros, it's Maedhros. []

[ 03-17-2008, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: The Dread Pirate Roberts ]

Archer
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3857

posted      Profile for Archer   Email Archer   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I would not say it's one of my top three, but here's a couple I did for an assignment in my digital illustration class. It's definitely not to the letter, but my instructor who was completely clueless of the subject matter liked it well enough. []

Originally it was going to represent the full compliment of the Aratar--but I got overly ambitious and ran out of time. [] Also I know Ulmo is not that imposing or frightening, but I had a hard time trying to make him that way and get him to fit in well with the others (especially working in vector art), so I just went for a more stylized, classical-inspired kind of look rather than exact. Manwë, I also portrayed more "patriarchal" with a gray hair and beard than I actually envision him, to convey a kind of authority.

The image of Melkor is from the same project, and was the most fun to do out of all of them.

-

-

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

Oh, wow!

I like very much!

Inc'
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6274

posted      Profile for Inc'   Email Inc'   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Me likey a lot, too ! [] []
From: Yoshi's Island | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mithrennaith
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5239
posted      Profile for Mithrennaith   Author's Homepage   Email Mithrennaith   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 

From: Amsterdam, Netherlands | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Dread Pirate Roberts
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2117
Very cool stuff. I like the look of Morgoth, especially, but they're all wonderful. []
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Yoy people surprise me!
Athene that looks amazing! Just amazing!
Not to mention that now I can say "my art has influenced a lot of people" and actualy speak the truth
[]
[]

And from what I have seen there is still life in this place.

As soon as I can I will post some new work that is almost exclusively female elf-warrior figures. There is a significant persentage of nudidty thought ...

From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

I'm ashamed to say that I gave up on her and ripped her up in a fit of pique. I am currently working on a long-standing art proejct which actually has a chance of being published..... but I don't want to jinx it by posting any of it here. []

Nudity is fine if it's in the name of art. []

Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Athene helped me upload a doodle that in time will become of interest, but since I can, I will upload it here, for posting's sake.
http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL2133/2404248/13003380/328835196.jpg

From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Dragon
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4422

posted      Profile for Black Dragon   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Good start. []
From: U.K | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

And others starts ....
http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL2133/2404248/13003380/329300535.jpg
http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL2133/2404248/13003380/329300531.jpg
http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL2133/2404248/13003380/329300316.jpg
http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL2133/2404248/13003380/329300314.jpg
http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL2133/2404248/13003380/329300307.jpg
http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL2133/2404248/13003380/329300303.jpg
http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL2133/2404248/13003380/329300302.jpg

Sorry for the lines but they were all done in a rush.

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Bag End Auctions » The Artist's Inn ..... Top 3 (Page 12)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help