Minas Tirith Forums Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic
profile | register |
search | faq | avatars | citizens
donate | about | library
  This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13 
Minas Tirith Forums » Bag End Auctions » The Artist's Inn ..... Top 3 (Page 11)
Author Topic: The Artist's Inn ..... Top 3
Q
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5312
posted      Profile for Q   Email Q   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I like, I like!...I fell off my seat in amazement and I'll probably do it again!! [] [] [] []

If you had just drawn his eyes alone, and veiled the rest of him in darkness it would have been just as shocking.

In the first picture his hair makes his head look big, but hey, that's how it must have been. []

From: LOS ANGELES, CA. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you like it Lyra and Mandos. []

Mandos, I don't have a scanner so I take pics of the drawings, as a result they always come of a bit distorted, that's why happened that thing with his head.

One day I'll get a scaner []
and do all the sketches in watercolour.

From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

posted      Profile for Arien the Maia   Author's Homepage   Email Arien the Maia   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings Artists!
If you have heard -maybe you haven't that;s alright- I am moving and I shall be without any worth mentioning internet connection for indefinite time.

And the last thing I would have wanted would be for this Inn to be throughn aside. Surely it ain't the most popular place in the entire MT but it's a love child of mine and Eled's who's also gone.

So after having thought long and hard, instead of just leaving this float around , I decided to pass it on to one of the members till I resurface again, which have no doubt it shall happen eventualy.

The only thing I shall demand from the person I am about to nominate, should she accept to take this over, would be to keep the original post as it is, adding her name -something that would have be done a long time ago if I didn't keep forgeting it- benieth mine and Eled's. The rest are leaft to her discretion []

So, White Maiden do you want to run this Inn for indefinate time till I return to take over?
And in case you are wondering why you, the answer is easy. You are talented, I like you, and you are one of the most frequent posters.
Let me know what you think []

From: The daily planet | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
White Maiden
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4389

posted      Profile for White Maiden   Email White Maiden   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Arien I'd be honoured to take over during your absence. No one could ever fill your shoes though you know. I'll try []

[ 09-07-2006, 03:37 AM: Message edited by: White Maiden ]

From: New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

No need to fill anyone's shoes dear lady []
You just run this Inn as you think best, I trust your judgement.

And I am very glad you accepted. So don't fear to innovate, to take any decisions you think they're for the best.
[]

Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

I am a diappointed patron of the arts.
[]
What happened here, doesn't anyone draw anymore?
Soon I will be able to post some new material that will cover architecture in Middle Earth, palaces and other buildigs, as well as nature or abandoned places, sacred ruins and so forth.
I have also sarted a mock up made of pappier mache of the palaces of the Valar, among wich the most ambitious is the construction of the halls of Mandos.

Now get your butt up and do some work.
[]
[]

Eluchil
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5432
posted      Profile for Eluchil   Author's Homepage   Email Eluchil   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really looking forward to see the Mandos one !
From: Menegroth, deep under the sea | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arien the Maia
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4219

And I am looking forward to actualy completing it [] It has been proven a nightmare.
The Dread Pirate Roberts
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2117
posted      Profile for The Dread Pirate Roberts   Email The Dread Pirate Roberts   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone ever do a picture of Hurin's last stand at Unnumbered Tears?

How about Fingon and the balrogs?

From: Blacksburg, VA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arwen Legolas
Soldier of Gondor
Citizen # 6401
posted      Profile for Arwen Legolas   Email Arwen Legolas   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, what an amazing tutorial. Now I know how to get rid of those lines or anything else in there for that matter. Thanks

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Yé! utúvienyes!

From: Traveling between Lasgalen and Rivendell | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperaca
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 4298

posted      Profile for Telperaca   Email Telperaca   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Arien...
Just saw some of the recent work you've posted. I remember a few of your old pieces, and those were really good. These recent ones have gotten even better. The one think I think I really want to comment on is that the figures look so realistic. [] Good work Arien. []

[ 05-19-2007, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: Telperáca ]

From: Wonderland | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Inspired by Arien's picture of Varda, which I think is one of the most beautiful pieces of Tolkien art I have ever seen (I have seen it in the flesh, the pics don't do it justice) I have decided to try to duplicate it in my own style, but full-length. I have got the pencil sketch done; here are four photos of its construction (the final one is a bit blurry):

-

-

-

-

I'm going to ink her in now (thank Eru for drafting pens!) and I'll try to get a decent pic of her then. P.S. The first person to tell me she looks like the bastard love-child of Monica Belluci and Natalie Portman gets a kick in the reproductive organ of their choice from donkey. [] []

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
[]

Beautiful!

When you get it inked in, I want a print. []

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

posted      Profile for Athene   Email Athene   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
She's inked in now (ow my back!), she just needs colouring in. Unfortunately, this is the bit where I need Arien, because she's much better at this that I am. []

I'm going to try to use her version of Elbereth and see how she did the colouring. You may be able to see that I have used her impression of the clothing, although it's not as intricate as she did it.
[]

From: Hades, UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

posted      Profile for Amárië   Email Amárië   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
I love her! []

Now if someone would only draw my Fëanor. []

From: Mishawaka, IN | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
You draw him. []
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Why don't you do it? []

I'd volunteer, but I'd get some detail wrong and you'd react like WiKi would to a suggestion that parts of the films were quite good.
[]

Besides, I'd probably depict him slathered in the blood of the Teleri, and I don't think you'd like it.
[]

E: Crossed. []

[ 03-13-2008, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: Athene ]

Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

Me draw him?

Jeez, I have trouble with stick figures. []

Love looking at other people's art, but I can barely draw a circle!

I'd love to see your Fëanor, even if he is slathered in Teleri-blood (isn't that the best way to be, the stubborn pricks brought it on themselves anyway, after all). And I promise I wouldn't go all medieval and WiKi on you... []

Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

I could try to make you a picture of him creating the Palantiri for your RP? []

Be warned - he would be handsome, surrounded by arcane bits of kit, and wearing a blacksmith's apron. []

[ 03-13-2008, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Athene ]

Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

Oooh, all that sounds perfect to me. I'd love to see it!
Roll of Honor Athene
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 3473

Yeah, not just an apron, so get your mind out of the gutter.
[]
[]
I'll PM you for some details, as you're the top Fëanor-fangirl. []

Artaresto
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 6089

posted      Profile for Artaresto   Email Artaresto   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

[]
From: Forochel | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

quote:
[] ... [] ... []

EDIT: Oh, and PM me all you like. I'm quite proud of my Fëanor-fangirlishness!

[ 03-13-2008, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: Amárië ]

The Dread Pirate Roberts
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 2117
posted      Profile for The Dread Pirate Roberts   Email The Dread Pirate Roberts   New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post 
Jenny Dolfen's "Kinslayer" pic
From: Blacksburg, VA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amárië
Guard of the Citadel
Citizen # 5498

Yes, I've always loved that pic.

It's not Fëanor, though. [] Her Fëanor has short black hair, not long reddish-brown hair. []

Create a New Topic  Reply to this Topic Minas Tirith Forums » Bag End Auctions » The Artist's Inn ..... Top 3 (Page 11)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13 
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic       The Red Arrow!       Admin Options: Make Topic Sticky   Close Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic

About  ~ • ~  Contact  ~ • ~  Minas Tirith  ~ • ~  F. A. Q.  ~ • ~  Help